Date Plans  Any good alternative to "cook dinner my place date" as second date at one's place?

Witcher

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hello everyone,

As I mentioned in the title, I would love some suggestions for second dates at one place. So far all the suggestions I found (in GC and elsewhere) is where the man cook dinner for the girl. The problem is beside instant noddles I suck at cooking :rolleyes:, I consider learning but it's a long term plan.

So any good date I can run at my place you would recommend that doesn't involve me playing the chef?

One thing I thought of is to ask her what's her specialty and then invite her to cook that for me and I buy the ingredients. So we meet we go to the mall, buy the ingredients then she cooks at my house. But I have doubt about this since I'm not in charge anymore, so don't really know.

Alright, place to you suggestions

Thanks

Fluxcapacitor

Modern Human
Modern Human
@Witcher dude! Netflix and chill! :') invite them to watch a movie, watch a TV show, listen to an album, have drinks or even eat something you've clearly bought like chocolate or even delivery. Asking for their speciality fucks you over if they can't cook, some of the girls I meet can't cook so if I'm going over or inviting them a movies a good go to. If they like games and it's been seeded you can invite them for that as well dude.

Sometimes ya can just invite them to hang out dude, something as low effort as you should come over works, if there buying temperature is hot they'll come. If you need plausible deniability movies or ordering food an you're good to go!

Mike Silvertree

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Chances are she doesn't cook any better than you do. I would go for a simple meal. Buy a top quality frozen pizza, get some salsa and tortilla chips for an appetizer while the pizza cooks, and buy some nice chocolate for dessert. Again, likely she doesn't eat any better than you do. A bag of Dove chocolates or a bag of Lindt/Lindor assorted truffles, or Ghirardelli wrapped chocolates or one of their fancy candy bars, I like the ones with either caramel or raspberry goo in each square. A bottle of cheap wine is also an excellent add on. Put the chips, salsa, and chocolates in bowls when you serve them so it looks better. This whole thing is going to be in the low $20 range, $30 with wine, and you get to eat half of it. Remember, she's there to get busy with you, not for fine dining.

Consider that if I go out with the wife and I have a burger and fries while she eats a big salad and we get two drinks each, it's near $50/w tip. What I recommended is a cheap date.

Witcher

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
@Fluxcapacitor @Mike Silvertree

Very good stuff here, thanks guys.

@Witcher dude! Netflix and chill! :') invite them to watch a movie, watch a TV show, listen to an album, have drinks or even eat something you've clearly bought like chocolate or even delivery. Asking for their speciality fucks you over if they can't cook, some of the girls I meet can't cook so if I'm going over or inviting them a movies a good go to. If they like games and it's been seeded you can invite them for that as well dude.

Sometimes ya can just invite them to hang out dude, something as low effort as you should come over works, if there buying temperature is hot they'll come. If you need plausible deniability movies or ordering food an you're good to go!

@Fluxcapacitor , yes I need plausible deniability, a lot of it.

So how would you guys suggest the invitation, as a second date over text?

Fluxcapacitor

Modern Human
Modern Human
@Witcher dude! This depends on how you get on with the girl and where you're at physically, if you've already slept with her or really high buying temperature you can be more direct an booty call ish just straight up ask what she's doing this week and quickly plan out a date. Basically you're looking for a scheduler text.

If you've seeded the second date you can do this in a check in text style of something like hey name hope you've had a great week, (I've been busy with work/been working on projects/having fun - something about you here) - when are you free? we can watch that movie/grab drinks/something

If it's not seeded and you're unsure of buying temperature/compliance do the platonic check in approach or thinking of you style - hey name, just seen x which reminded me of you. Hope you've had a good weekend, what trouble have you been up to?

- you just need something to touch base, you don't always need a question but if buying temperature isn't hot or you're unsure a question is a way to keep conversation going and it needs to be better than how are you/what have you been up to? which is boring. Using better language makes this more exciting which is why I've said what trouble have you been up to/causing. - same thing but more engaging dude.

Make sure you ask her out within 5 messages if you go this route. Alternatively go for a casual drop, she implies she's free sometime or you suggest you're getting some food or you're watching a movie then casually drop I'll be ordering this/watching this on whenever, you should come round it'll be fun. This way you're having fun anyway and she can tag along for it. - helps if you can screen her availability. - uh hannah just cancelled on me on Thursday, I'm going to be bored - I was planning on watching back to the future Thursday, you should come round we can watch it. (Pun intended :') )

Check out the article about how to text, 14 messages. Really good out line to follow! Or how to text a girl to get dates. It covers good ways to transition into it.

Remember to keep your eyes on the prize the goal is to get her out dude!

reeax

Space Monkey
space monkey
@Witcher

Personally, I start by suggesting that we go to a trendy biker bar near my place for a drink and something to eat. After the first drink there, I say it's also a takeaway, that I have a really good bottle of wine at home, and that we could go eat and chill on my terrace. Chances are she'll say yes why not (if she likes you enough). Once back home, it's not very complicated, especially when you've finished that bottle of wine ;-)

The ingredients of success:
- a nice bar for a first drink that makes takeaway food not far from your house.
- a good bottle of wine at home for the plausible denial.
- a comfortable space at home where you can sit very closely next to each other (make sure that she can't sit elsewhere).

Better yet, if you have a motorbike (like me) and you use it to move her around, you can tell her after the first drink at the bar that you can't really drink more as a rider, and that it would be way cooler for both of you to eat and drink at your place (very good plausible denial). Also you get great kino while you're moving her as an extra, so it will be much easier to start escalating when you get back.

Slick

Space Monkey
space monkey

This.

even if you were to order take out and have a glass of wine, it would be pretty much the same as cooking. Whenever I did that I would still end up getting laid. If you schedule a date at your place and she yields to it, it’s pretty much a done deal. Especially if you have a hot tub.

Witcher

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
@Fluxcapacitor thanks for the props. I know the articles about texting however, I was looking for a less formal way of asking out via text and you provided that perfectly.

@Witcher

Personally, I start by suggesting that we go to a trendy biker bar near my place for a drink and something to eat. After the first drink there, I say it's also a takeaway, that I have a really good bottle of wine at home, and that we could go eat and chill on my terrace. Chances are she'll say yes why not (if she likes you enough). Once back home, it's not very complicated, especially when you've finished that bottle of wine ;-)

The ingredients of success:
- a nice bar for a first drink that makes takeaway food not far from your house.
- a good bottle of wine at home for the plausible denial.
- a comfortable space at home where you can sit very closely next to each other (make sure that she can't sit elsewhere).

Better yet, if you have a motorbike (like me) and you use it to move her around, you can tell her after the first drink at the bar that you can't really drink more as a rider, and that it would be way cooler for both of you to eat and drink at your place (very good plausible denial). Also you get great kino while you're moving her as an extra, so it will be much easier to start escalating when you get back.

Good stuff here even though I'm not a Biker and don't drink. However, there is good pointers, first that I should adapt my process to me and second I am already getting some inspirations.

This.

even if you were to order take out and have a glass of wine, it would be pretty much the same as cooking. Whenever I did that I would still end up getting laid. If you schedule a date at your place and she yields to it, it’s pretty much a done deal. Especially if you have a hot tub.

Interesting. DO you have any field report and a standard date template you follow? Would want to go deeper on this.

>