Are False Time Constraints Legit?

Gentle_Phrases

Space Monkey
space monkey
E.g.., any of you guys here seen boosts in daygame results thanks to saying things like "I have to go in five minutes" then BAM oh wait, instant date?

NarrowJ

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
The false time constraint is an old Mystery Method thing. Pretty sure it was used primarily for opening groups in a club, so they wouldn't fear you becoming a social burden and sticking around for too long. Not sure if it really matters for day game or if you're just opening a single girl.

I actually started using it for pulls some time ago, because I thought it would make the girl a little more comfortable to come back to my place if I told her "you can only stay for a little while", so she wouldn't automatically just assume I was going to try and fuck her. It actually blew up in my face a few times though, so I stopped doing it. The girl would decline and then later tell me "Well you said I could only stay for a little bit, so I didn't want to drive over there if I was only staying for a short while". So I quit using it.

I wouldn't worry about using it unless you're going to be opening groups. Even then, it's dated tech so I'm not too sure about it even being used for that, honestly. You could field test it and see what kind of results you get, I suppose.

J.J.

Gentle_Phrases

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey J.J., somehow I missed this.

So I quit using it.

I totally feel you on that bit about time constraints biting you. I've been playing around with this both before and after asking this question. I still can't decide if it's better for a player to act like he's in a rush (man with things to do) or like he's got all the time in the world. So far, your route seems like where I might end up.

By the way, for any of you guys out there daygaming, the worst is if you say an imaginary friend "might" be coming around as an excuse to be out street approaching. Lol, one girl called me out while we were on instant date, saying "Your whole friend thing was bullshit, wasn't it!" Hahaha! I was so embarrassed I faked a call to somebody. Funny in retrospect.

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
Gentle_Phrases said:
By the way, for any of you guys out there daygaming, the worst is if you say an imaginary friend "might" be coming around as an excuse to be out street approaching. Lol, one girl called me out while we were on instant date, saying "Your whole friend thing was bullshit, wasn't it!" Hahaha! I was so embarrassed I faked a call to somebody. Funny in retrospect.

I used the "going to meet imaginary friends" deal for the girl from my almost beach lay FR. I only used it because I was originally planning on getting her number but when she said she lived far away and she was clearly into me I figured I would "have to put my friends on hold". She called me out on it the next day and I don't know if it was a good move or not but I lied to her and said of course I was going to visit friends why else would I be on the beach alone.

I don't like lying but I didn't see a point in her having to know that since it didn't change anything in our relationship.

Though for discussion purposes I think it's kind of lame to have to pretend you're meeting people.

I had a girl on the beach ask me where my friends were and I jokingly told her that friends are for pussies fuck friends! In which she agreed "Yeah fuck friends!".

Funny thing was it was a shit test, I believe, so all that mattered was how I handled it. Not the actual content of the message.

-Rob

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hey guys,

Gentle_Phrases said:
By the way, for any of you guys out there daygaming, the worst is if you say an imaginary friend "might" be coming around as an excuse to be out street approaching.
Mr.Rob said:
Though for discussion purposes I think it's kind of lame to have to pretend you're meeting people.
A self-confident man shouldn't need a "reason", less still an "excuse", for anything.

If a girl asks me what I'm up to in the street, on campus, in the park etc. my standard response is that I'm doing "nothing". This is good because it implies high enough status to have real leisure. Low-status guys don't have time to "do nothing", because they're too busy scurrying around to someone else's tune. And if they're not, they feel guilty like they should be, which is even worse, and find themselves some makework task.

Only a leader has true autonomy to spend his time as he sees fit. The civilizations of Classical antiquity understood this very well.

Ricardus makes this point excellently in one or other article, but seek as I may, I can't seem to find it.

-Marty

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hi Guys,

I have use false time constraints. IT is legit. But there's two beliefs going on here. One side, you guys believe that time constraints should not be overuse. Another, you believe that it can help you.

Both beliefs are true. But the whole thing is just itself an "excuse". (meaning the definition of the word "excuse")

Most people often forget what is said, but remember how they interact and what value you can offer.

Zac

Estate

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
This is only my personal opinion but here goes...

If it is natural and you DO actually have somewhere to be, sure, why not... just say you've got to get back to work or something but it's a segway into asking for a number or whatever you do.

But the actual Mystery routine of the step forward, look over the shoulder, etc, etc... is so contrived. Like in a bar, to say you've got to go, and then then take her number and go stand int he other corner where she'll still see you is kinda lame.

So if it has a purpose or is genuine, not reason why it's bad. If you DON'T really have somewhere to be, I think the Mystery routine is kinda lame.
In terms of whether it changes results? It really will have a very limited impact. The original idea was like a girl might think she can stick around and shit test you but then you proclaim you have to leave and suddenly she's chasing you. Sounds great, but in practice, I don't see that to be the case. Like, if she's on the fence about you, it won't turn and make her desperate eough to suddenly start chasing you.

Gentle_Phrases

Space Monkey
space monkey
Thanks you guys,

It really will have a very limited impact.

Yeah, estate, everyone seems to be onboard with this thought.

Making up an "excuse" has become such a bad habit that it's a reflex now, lol. Marty, I'll try out "nothing" tonight.

Also,

friends are for pussies fuck friends!

Lol

>