Books & Articles  Author list broken on main site

Rain

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey,

When I go here
it takes you to the main page for articles. It doesn't show articles "only by Chase"
I tried another author link, same thing. Not a huge thing, but used to not be broken.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Thanks for the heads up, @Rain.

MD (our lead developer) has been switching stuff around on the back end in preparation of moving (at long last) our new theme to live.

Looks like something got a little broken in the process.

I've just alerted him and asked him to take a look.

EDIT: fixed now. New link is /articles-by-author/USERNAME. So for me it is:

Last edited:

Rain

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey Chase,

Thanks to you and MD for looking into it. The new link works, but the links on the authors page have not been updated:

If you hover your mouse over each author, they all still have the old non "-by-author" link and it just shows all the articles.

I had a possible idea, perhaps author names could have a link in them as well? eg when you read an article, at the top it could have an author name and if you click that, it could go straight to that specific authors list and/or bio[and or comments].

I remember something about trying to get the comments off of [disqus or something?] and onto your own hosting?

Will the comments end up being searchable? Maybe you could have a thing where you click on an authors name, and it shows all their comment replies to all articles, a bit like clicking on postings on a forum users name?

Last edited:

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Noted, @Rain. Good looking out.

We're finishing up the new theme on the site now.

I'll point out the broken links on this page to MD.

-C

>