Being high-energy while you are mostly low energy

fireinbf

Rookie
Rookie
I am quite OK at approaching low energy girls (in low energy places like bookshops, malls...). But since I am always low energy myself, I have passed on a lot of very hot high-energy girls (eg. on the streets at night time), because I fear I would come across as fake if I "faked" being high-energy.

If someone has been in this situation, how are you dealing with it?

Fluxcapacitor

Modern Human
Modern Human
@fireinbf dude! I'm mostly high energy because I'm usually night gaming in a club, but I can go low energy when I need to. Usually mirroring their state is the best way to approach, it makes you seem relatable, you're on the same wavelength, you're not a buzz kill or coming in to hot and they'll feel more comfortable however this isn't a hard and fast rule.

Just saying something as casual as "hey girls" in a slightly more energetic way is enough to open and you can bounce off their vibe and energy if they're receptive. If not it was very low effort anyway.

If you can't do that or feel it'll appear fake think James bond. He's very low energy in seduction, it's slow, deliberate and calculated. The key to making this work is curiosity. You're intrigued why they're partying, where they're going. Highlight the difference non verbally, you open and they hit you back with their high energy, then you very inquisitive or cold read - you seem very energetic you must be out celebrating? (Again using curiosity) this sets your tone apart but that you're in control. Create enough mystery or seem really laid back and cool and they'll be curious about you.

You can also screen or disqualify yourself in the statement by asking if they're going out to meet their boyfriends. You can tease and be playful here unless you're serious low energy and then if you're a conversationalist who can get them talking (they'll have no issues talking if they're giddy and up to party) while you just listen. Very low energy for you dude. You can slow down bond style easily and create a lot of tension doing so but don't alienate her state to much as she'll eject if you're too low energy for her.

West_Indian_Archie

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
King of Low Energy Game - James Marshall.

Those are visual examples with his explanation. Replace your perceived ideas of "high energy" with the concept of intensity.

The "Deep" Answer - is that you need to change your idea of what "high energy" girls need, and what that means. I don't know GC material well enough to point you to an article, but you can make this a technical issue - where there are things you can do to hype yourself up, things you can say to keep with a high energy vibe, or things you can do to bring their energy to a manageable level - but you have to decide if you want to deal with this issue as a matter of tech or as a matter of philosophy.

A doctor wants to deal with the symptoms in a patient now. A scientist wants to understand the disease, prevent the disease, and cure it.

Two different, but valid approaches.

WIA

hotsauce

Space Monkey
space monkey
I am quite OK at approaching low energy girls (in low energy places like bookshops, malls...). But since I am always low energy myself, I have passed on a lot of very hot high-energy girls (eg. on the streets at night time), because I fear I would come across as fake if I "faked" being high-energy.

If someone has been in this situation, how are you dealing with it?

don't think about hi or lo energy and just approach w genuine interest. opposites attract right

hotsauce

Space Monkey
space monkey
Actually this is more nuance as body language and words, but you are right. Just be "normal" may not be the perfect advice for super new guys.

But it is that. Be genuine.

ya that might be my unconscious competence ha. he did say he was OK with approaching low energy women. there are a ton of nuances that he could experiment with by checking out gc articles.

i know that when i am in low energy state and am trying to fake-match a high energy persons state it is usually cringe x1000. i do best by staying in low state and adopting their energy throughout the interaction.

>