Socializing  Being teased by my co-workers while a girl is watching

jesslee09

Space Monkey
space monkey
So I work with a lot of gay co-workers and women. They obviously know I’m straight, but the gay guys seem to like me. Not in a “im attracted to you” way but more of just almost flirting and teasing me way.

So today, one of the coworkers said snakeskin! what’s that over there? And i looked to my right and turned back my head towards him and he did a little dance like the dougie. It was a little playful teasing.

But i noticed there was another coworker of mine who is also straight but have been very passive aggressive with me while acting like hes cool

So when that happened, he started cracking up like in a sense of he was laughing AT me.

And the girl thats interested in me was kind of watching this whole thing go down.

I just kind of went .

It didnt really bother me but im also curious to see how being teased effects her perception of you.

Glow

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Sounds all good.

if youre not affected itll be positive.

Handling external pressures like this one calmly and unreactively is an attractive appearance for girls

It shows youre cool in your skin despite pressures of various sizes, that you just laugh w it - amused and non-caring.

You can also step it up one notch further and use it actively by self depreciating in regards to his tease, but doing so w. a rockstar tone of being on top of it. This gets you a lot of points with girls cause of that youre so indifferent that youll take it even further and just laugh about it. If done right it often melts girls a little towards liking you w a sense of intimate rapport.

jesslee09

Space Monkey
space monkey
Im thinking though, if lets say someone makes fun of you, with ill intention to status climb you, but you honestly feel indifferent, dont you still take a status hit based on their perceptiok of you?

Thats one thing im confused about holding frame because I honeslty feel indifferenr to if people try to laugh at me or tease me but sometimes it signals to people watching that they can get status points off of me
Sounds all good.

if youre not affected itll be positive.

Handling external pressures like this one calmly and unreactively is an attractive appearance for girls

It shows youre cool in your skin despite pressures of various sizes, that you just laugh w it - amused and non-caring.

You can also step it up one notch further and use it actively by self depreciating in regards to his tease, but doing so w. a rockstar tone of being on top of it. This gets you a lot of points with girls cause of that youre so indifferent that youll take it even further and just laugh about it. If done right it often melts girls a little towards liking you w a sense of intimate rapport.

Glow

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
needless to say your appearance matters - understood in a broader sense.

If youre indifferent w weak fundamentals and eg a fading presence - then indifference might not serve you. but if its truly there its a strong place to change things from as youre more free in your doings.

If youre indifferent w some weight itll support high value of your presence

I just kind of went .

Sounds passive - a bit faded from things. Insecure. Which will send bad signals from how we think in here.

Maybe indifferent to the gay tease but not to the reaction of others.

Aka youre not really behaving indifferently in the situation?

Last edited:

jesslee09

Space Monkey
space monkey
needless to say your appearance matters - understood in a broader sense.

If youre indifferent w weak fundamentals and eg a fading presence - then indifference might not serve you. but if its truly there its a strong place to change things from as youre more free in your doings.

If youre indifferent w some weight itll support high value of your presence

Sounds passive - a bit faded from things. Insecure. Which will send bad signals from how we think in here.

Maybe indifferent to the gay tease but not to the reaction of others.

Aka youre not really behaving indifferently in the situation?

When i typed i originally put emojis from my cell phone but in here it only appeared as a dot.

Basically, I just rolled my eyes and laughed. Afterwards the gay guy said alright Jess, Im leaving soon so let me help you clean up. Im not tryna leave you all this shit. Basically hes been here long and likes me, and always teases me here and there.

But the straight guy has been passive aggressive and seems like he makes passive aggressive moves only when there are other people around.

Like he laughs extra hard or tries to add in a comment disguised as a joke.

This time in front of the girl.

I was indifferent but seems like hes starting to get more and more bold.

But im also wondering when a girl sees a guy teasing you, how that effects her perception of you when she thought you were a solid guy before?

Glow

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
well, the good or bad of teasing is all about how you handle it.
its all in the tone of things and your appearance in it all when no words are said.
Youll have to rate if thats done well to your opinion.

That said It sounds like the tease itself here is not an issue.
It is good as it displays a level of rapport with the gay guy.
And the impact of it is about how she sees your response to it - what you outline seems fine albeit its hard to judge since i dont have a sense of your general appearance. But seemingly its fine.
And it does display a social rapport w the gay guy which is good at core.

From your description you could maybe choose to step up your verbal game in banter type interaction w the gay guys if youre not certain about your appearance in things. So you begin to actively use it to show social value and social proof in relation to her.
Seeing you in rapport w a gay guy, having fun is bound to make her give you points.
And display of value like this is key in social circle type game.
Impacting her by seeing you do cool things.
Also if you get on the inside w gay guys theyll help you loads w. girls.

Last edited:

naturalmikey

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
if people are reacting to you it’s fine. just don’t give them the reaction they want back. be unaffected by others. being grounded in your own reality is attractive. be a grounding energy amongst the chaos and women will get sucked into that.

check out the blueprint decoded by rsd tyler’s that’s where my original understanding of a lot of social mechanics came from. the. develop your understanding further. that program lays a great foundation for someone unfamiliar with social working.

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Agree and amplify to make the tease seem ridiculous. It will have the opposite effect on the teaser. It will seem he played into your hands and made you look good. Like you are better at teasing than he is, only you demonstrate on yourself so as not to be an asshole. The implication is that if you wanted to you could destroy him in any manner of teasing.

>