Can we please implement these rules in this forum

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
@Chase these are some rules we had in mpua forum is there any way we can bring it to this forum:

1. Check the date of the latest post in a thread before posting in it.
Nothing is more annoying to us moderators than having to lock a thread that has been dead for months or sometimes even years so that it may rest in peace. If you have been reading a lot of the threads here and find a really old thread that you REALLY think should be revived, revive it with a post that offers a lot of value and insight not already covered in the other posts...

4. Do a search before posting.
Many topics have been discussed and resolved countless times. Use the search function of this website to see if you can find the answers to your questions before posting a new thread about it.

13. No misogyny (woman-hating) (added Jan 2, 2014)
We understand that you might feel bitter from previous bad experiences with women, but misogyny will not do you any good. Harboring a general sense of contempt for an entire group of people is mentally unhealthy as well as unethical, and will not be tolerated on this site. You're free to express any reasonable frustrations about anonymous individuals, but please refrain from expressing any hatred or contempt for women as a whole. The only exception to this rule is if you're constructively discussing your misogynistic views with an honest and open-minded intent to fix them.

Bismarck

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Hi Skills,

Nice to see you on here man. I remember you had really solid dancing tips which I implemented and gave me amazing results on the DF.

Regarding your first two points, I think it's fair to assume these are "goes without saying" as they seem pretty obvious. Nevertheless, if you've seen it happen frequently that people are making new threads about already-covered topics please write me in private and after linking the original thread which covers the same topic on the threads I'll close them.

As for the last point, misogyny, if you look at the general board rules you'll see there is already a rule (number 4) which advises against the use of hateful or offensive remarks or rants, which we can assume covers hateful speech against women. In other words, all you have to do if you see a member going against that already-established rule is flag and report the posts/threads in question and we'll have a look.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Mike Silvertree

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
1) If it is a classic thread, and someone is a high ranking member, bumping it with some insightful commentary could be useful, especially if it addresses a topic that has had a lot of interest lately. It will be a lot less popular with the Mods if it incites acrimony or restarts old flame wars or topics that are officially frowned upon or bumping threads is your primary interaction here.

4) As they have said on other forums. DAFS (Do A Fucking Search). However, that can be carried too far if it inhibits newbees from asking basic questions. Yes, they should look for answers, but they should also get to ask questions, and they will all be standard issue rookie questions. Every one of us asked those basic questions sometime somewhere, which is why we know the answer. As with all things, a balanced reasonable response is best.

13) I think that is a rule already. Woman bashing/whining is guaranteed to be unpopular with the Mods and most senior members. The Whining and Looksmoneystatus flags already exist for just this problem. Please flag anything you find irritating. That is why we added them. Likely others agree with you.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
1) If it is a classic thread, and someone is a high ranking member, bumping it with some insightful commentary could be useful, especially if it addresses a topic that has had a lot of interest lately. It will be a lot less popular with the Mods if it incites acrimony or restarts old flame wars or topics that are officially frowned upon or bumping threads is your primary interaction here.

Of course, teevester bumped and older lay report to answer questions, in that context is perfect....

but when bumping constantly old posts with "bump" to clutter the forum it is annoying, low value, and just attention whoring...

>