'Charisma Matrix' anybody?

Virgin101

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
About two years back I stumbled upon this guy called Barron Cruz's channel. As far as I can tell he's the only properly active person who does exactly what he does. I don't think there's anyone else who'll admit that they think in the way he does.

He talks a lot about how to conduct yourself in hypothetical scenarios that are likely to crop up in life, and how not to make the mistakes most people make (that such people will always continue to make) in such scenarios. A certain amount of it is to do with handling peer pressure gracefully and being able to stand up for yourself. And I know most of you here may already be able to do that, but this sort of thing is an endless journey in my opinion.

But he also analyses a lot of public figures giving interviews.

As regards spotting manipulation and deception, there are hundreds of different tricks that will be pulled on people throughout their lives that will leave them thinking "how did I fall for that?". And most people will never know why, because we're shunned on thinking deeply about things. And thereby we leave ourselves open to being manipulated in a similar manner later on in life.

Take an example - a salesman who explains something deliberately too fast because he knows you'll be too embarrassed to admit you didn't understand him when he asks "easy to understand, right?"! You then say "yeah" and thereby move things on to the next stage of him making the sale! Most of us will only learn such lessons on hindsight, if we're lucky to learn them at all. However, this guy doesn't explore deception that often.

Most people aren't comfortable with this kind of thing, and would want to dismiss such thoughts. The sort of stuff that this guy talks about is what real social dynamics is really about. It's ironic to think that the company of same name actually had very little to do with social dynamics, and was always more to do with self help. I think the videos I've posted give a good reflection of what sort of stuff he explores.

There's even a few things he's said that I disagree with, but that's not the point. It's his attitude towards questioning what's going on beneath the surface that I like. He's a section of his channel dedicated to meeting women and stuff, but that's not what the over all aim of his channel is.

Last edited:
>