Confused as hell

superomar

Space Monkey
space monkey
Ill try to make this as short as possible. So, My ex girlfriend was going out with a guy for about six months. Weak guy from what she told me, really self concious. Now, when I started talking to her, I realized she was just my type, and I wanted her. She didnt tell me about her bf, till about a week in us talking. Anyways, we made out while she was still with him, then I wanted things to get serious and said I wasn't gonna continue things with her. So she broke up with him, about a month later we made it official. It gets more interesting, that guy never took her virginity. And I didnt just hear it from her, it's one hundred percent sure. I ended up taking her virginity and we went on to have an incredible 10 month relationship, she was completely loyal, very caring, we were each others first love and became best friends. She got clingy, mainly because I was one up too long at the end, became colder and a jerk, and she broke up with me when she finally blew her top, in full emotion. I had broken up with her before, but we always got back together. Now, a month later, shes back with her ex whom she cheated on. Don't get me wrong, I'm moving on slowly, but of course I still love and care for the girl, she was my first love so of course I'm slighlty jealous. But can anyone explain to me what's going on? Is he a rebound, or is she publicly flirting with him infront of me to make me jealous or what's going on? I don't see her often but when I do see her around, she goes out of her way to hug him or some shit. Anyone able to explain the psychology behind this? I'm just quite curious.

Nova

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
if shes clearly going out of her way to show him affection in front of you or whatever then chances are its a jealousy tactic which points strongly towards her still having feeling for you.

you were with her for 10+ months and started acting coldly towards her later on? what did you expect. sad to say but over 90% of women don't date a guy for over 10 months purely for sexual reasons, its because they see more with you, some kind of future. the fact you were acting coldly with her would have contrasted with her desires and given her the impression that you were not interested in the same things as her, resulting in her blowing up in emotion, ending things and looking for another guy as a rebound or for serious reasons? hard to know for sure.

from what you've said, chances are she still likes you somewhat.

ignore her jealousy tactics
utilize pre-selection and continue socializing with her in a normal way, steering things towards the sexual, and make something happen... honestly the fact this guy shes seeing is weak and what not makes things a lot easier. shes probably dieing for a real man.

if you don't see her much, drop her a text for a catchup or something. and dont be cold with her! it will remind her why she left you in the first place. especially early on concentrate more on warmth.

>