Covid 19 and dating

Steakandeggs

Rookie
Rookie
I have a dating situation and would immensely appreciate great advice!

How do I talk to a girl about how she’s approaching all of this Covid 19 stuff (wearing a mask, staying six feet a part, no physical contact, hugging, kissing, etc.) without coming off as needy? What questions should I ask her? We haven’t had this conversation yet, but I want to assure her that I care about her safety and her comfort while we’re together while still taking charge of the situation.
I’ve also thought about just saying that we should wear masks and stay six feet apart (Maybe even better than asking her due to making her comply to my requests?) and then use that we have to stay 6ft away to tease her (I’ll tell her: “I know you like me but you can’t sink your claws into me just yet.”) and to create tension.

So is it better to ask her about how she’s handling this and plan from there (in case if she doesn’t wear a mask or socially distance and thinks a guy is weak for wearing a mask or socially distancing) or just go ahead and say we’re wearing masks and distancing to make her take orders from me and create some tension?

Plus, if she’s not ready yet for face to face, what can I tell her to reassure her that we’ll try again?

Thanks in advance for your help!

aliparpar

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Steakandeggs, I think the first step is to just have a video or even phone call with her so that both of you become comfortable.
Then simply ask her what her viewpoint is on meeting in person. If that's a yes, go to the date without a mask, if you see her with a mask, then wear a mask. Also, if you are worried about the virus, you should wear the mask and ask her to come wearing a mask.

Personally, I don't see how the date can progress if you sit 2m apart, and wear masks. It's a risk that you're both taking by meeting in person.

>