Culture Attracts Culture?

Eternity

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Just a theory i was wondering about... Do we attract women from our same national/ethnic culture much faster than someone from a different culture? I've noticed this in my surroundings every day, a Sexy Latina girl w/ a Latino holding hands or hooking up, a Caucasian girl lusting after the Caucasian jock or regular looking joe but not after a Latino or Asian as much. Not that this is the rule of course not, there's many exceptions- its just something i see more commonly in life and something i've personally experienced. I remember during college i attracted the most attention from girls from the same culture but i wasnt as attracted to them as i was to a Caucasian girl. It was my attraction choice- I just favored them personally. But i noticed my interactions with a girl from my culture were easier, smoother, and faster than with someone else. Im not saying u have to be from the same culture for seduction to work, just that it might be different for the many men out there who have gone through this. Ur thoughts are welcomed...

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Hey Eternity,

When you're still figuring things out, this often is the case - girls from other cultures will be more reserved around you, unless they have a predisposition, usually from dating a guy like that before who reset their expectations (e.g., white girls with an Asian fetish; Latin girls with a black fetish).

Once you break through the upper ceiling of game though, this goes away, and you get enough universal value across the boards that women of all types find you magnetic. My feeling is that a lot of the culture preferences that occur for guys who haven't reached that height yet come more from their own comfort levels (e.g., the guy's more comfortable around white girls, so white girls are more friendly and comfortable around him) than from the girls' specifically.

There are various studies saying women prefer their own race, and other various ones saying women prefer a man with genes different from their own... in my experience these largely cancel out once you're solid all around and you're confident in what you have to offer to a woman of any color or background.

Chase

Eternity

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Yeah, I c what u mean by this... I probably havent reached that level yet and i guess i a bit biased based on my experiences. I hope to break free and understand this fully one day. Its nice to c u on the forum BTW...

AFCnoob

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I have to agree with Chase. Ultimately, it's probably more about you and what you feel comfortable with than anything cultural in itself. Granted, I've met girls who auto-rejected me because they simply don't associate with:
a) foreigners (I'm an expat)
b) brown people (a.k.a. "African Americans")
or...whatever other type of person they don't associate with, for whatever reason (note: I've met an equal number of girls actively seeking out the above types of people). You might discover you have a list like this yourself. For example, I don't associate with:
a) young girls, or girls who come off as young/immature
b) girls who I learn are virgins
c) Chinese girls* (I live in China)

In my personal experience, I've found that regardless of success, these girls end up being a ton of work, and it's just not worth it to me in the long run. However, I feel that if anything, being from a different culture adds spice to the interaction, makes it way more interesting and helps things move along rather nicely (there's a whole, "we found each other in this big wide world" kinda vibe there), but then I'm fascinated by other cultures and the girls from them, and I always have been. I also grew up around a variety of different cultures, so I'm very comfortable dealing with people from different cultures I'm familiar with, and cultures I'm not familiar with.

I feel if a girl is from a different culture, it's a huge plus, because I can learn a lot and grow, and for whatever reason, girls I meet from other cultures usually have a similar feeling.

*don't get the wrong idea, I've dated several Chinese girls, in fact I was married to a Chinese girl. This refers specifically to girls born and raised in China, or girls of Chinese ethnicity who have the "Chinese mindset" toward dating and relationships. It's just not something I do anymore.

>