curve ball cake on my birthday

Ree

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
My girlfriend got me a cake for my birthday,
I was so happy,she is about the only person who even remembered it was my damn birthday.
I was overflowing with joy until i cut a slice of that cake and bit it.
man it was the worst cake I have ever had the displeasure of tasting.
I know what you are thinking,how bad could a cake be?
man ,im not a snobbish cake conesuir,Im just a normal guy
let me attempt ot describe how the cake tasted.
It tasted like someone took a plain cake,then aded methylated spirit,and car engine oil,then threw in some plasticine for good measure.
The medicine taste of the cake mixed with the tasteless waxy cream,made me feel like I was eating a candle.
evryone else was too polite to say anything,but they werenot stupid enough to eat more than a mouthful,
usually cakes dont last a day here,but its been three days sincemy birthday and no one is going near that cake,
apparently my girlfriend had told her baker friend to make the cake,and I dont know if they were trying a new recipe,or they added preservatives,or too much color,i dont know,
anyway the result was something that tasted very chemically,to the point of being inedible.
not only was it inedible,but the black food color seemed to be so concentrated that ,it stains your fingers,stains your teeth and when you shit after eating even a small piece,the whole toilet is stained too(im not exagurating).
anyway,so what do you think is the appropriate response to such a situation,where I know she was trying to be nice,and its not really her fault the cake is so bad.
how would you guys handle such a situation?

Alpha13SC

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Did she taste it? What's her oppinion?

If she's at the same side as you, then I wouldn't worry so much. Otherwise, I would just not let her cook ever.

Jokes aside, show appreciation, but you can be honest.

0---

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Develop some perspective and have a good laugh over this, ideally with her.

Also, thanks for sharing. I LOLed.

Reactions: Ree
>