Dance floor dilemma

skin_man

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hi guys, I'm really grateful for this platform. My social intuition has amped up in just a few Weeks of consistent use of the material. However this night I ran into something I've never heard of before. And I managed to act zen and take it as coolly as I could but I want to find out how better I could have handled it. Here goes:

I met some folks at a bar and they instantly took me into their fold. (never happened before). They consisted of a guy and three girls. we went to a nearby club and were on the dance floor when I began talking to a cute girl near to me. we were only a little bit into the convo when these new friends of mine ran to me and introduced me to a girl friend of theirs like they wanted me to you know,..chat her up. Because of this, the other girl scampered off.

I saw her a while after and even though she was tryna act familiar, I didn't know how to break the ice to make her move with me so I stalled and sought other chicks before finally saying goodbye to my new friends and leaving.

How else would I have dealt with that situation.? I think the girl was into me..even more cuz I was"preselected"

Just_Dave

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Broken Circle

skin_man said:
I met some folks at a bar and they instantly took me into their fold. (never happened before). They consisted of a guy and three girls. we went to a nearby club and were on the dance floor when I began talking to a cute girl near to me. we were only a little bit into the convo when these new friends of mine ran to me and introduced me to a girl friend of theirs like they wanted me to you know,..chat her up. Because of this, the other girl scampered off.

You broke the circle, https://www.girlschase.com/content/breaking-circle

I wasn't there but what you could have done without coming off rude.
Group of friends: Hey Dave, meet this friend of mine
Dave: Still talking to girl
Group of friends: *Begin to shake Dave*
Dave: *slow annoyed smile* Guys, give me a quick second, go wait for me at the table. *turns head back to girl*
Group of friends: Okay

You want to make it a point that whoever you're talking too is who you're talking too.

skin_man said:
I saw her a while after and even though she was tryna act familiar, I didn't know how to break the ice to make her move with me so I stalled and sought other chicks before finally saying goodbye to my new friends and leaving.

How else would I have dealt with that situation.? I think the girl was into me..even more cuz I was"preselected"

Dave: We didn't get to finish our conversation
Cute girl: Shouldn't you get back to your friends
Dave: *Ignore her comment* *Instead sticks out hand*
Cute girl: What?
Dave: I gotta show you something it will just take a second

Then you continue your conversation as nothing happened.

skin_man

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
That's indeed what I should've done. Funny enough these cats pulled me away from the girl and were from then standing between me and her. It was surprising to say the least. Any tips on that? Ultimately, really smooth ice break. Looking forward to making it happen when possible.

Just_Dave

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
skin_man said:
That's indeed what I should've done. Funny enough these cats pulled me away from the girl and were from then standing between me and her. It was surprising to say the least. Any tips on that? Ultimately, really smooth ice break. Looking forward to making it happen when possible.

For sure, let me know how that works how for you and tweak it if necessary.

For the group, it definitely sounds like there was some cock blocking involved. Maybe one of the girls liked you, the really liked you as a friend (group as a whole), or they were drinking. It could have been a number of things. I would just be upfront with the group.

Group of Friends: You keep checking out that girl
Dave: Yeah, I'm going to finish that conversation with her
Group of Friends: But, we want to spend time with you
Dave: I won't be long and I'll be right back

*Gives you a time constraint on the girl
-When you go in for the close go in with something like, "I have to get back to my friends we should meet up for a drink, let me get your number."
*Let's the group know you're in control of you
*Let's the girl know you were genuinely interested and you're still in control of you

>