Date Idea: the Gym?

Momentum

Space Monkey
space monkey
Has anyone brought a girl to the gym to workout together for a change of pace in meeting up with a girl?

I think it would be a good idea to do a weightlifting workout together... both of you sweating, blood pumping, she gets hints of your testosterone, she sees your muscles gorged, etc.

Anyone try this? What do you think?

PinotNoir

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
If you're ripped AND she's into working out, then it could possibly be fine. But, you know, the gym also feels like "work." It's like taking her on a date to her job.

If your gym has a pool and little cafe, then it would be better. Make the focus on having fun. Still, a lot of girls feel insecure getting in a bathing suit -- especially if it's the first date. She also thinks that you're making her strip down so that you can see the goods beforehand.

If it's the first date, I say no.

If it's a later date and you know (from deep-diving) that she likes the gym and you are toned, then maybe. What will you do after? Will it require her to take a shower and put make-up on?

If you've had sex (and possibly already boyfriend/girlfriend), then sure -- if out of date ideas. If she's indifferent to the gym, make it fun, not work.

Momentum

Space Monkey
space monkey
We're both into working out. We talk about it a lot, during deep dives, and since she's a California surfer chick, she's really in shape (has an eight pack), and loves anything physical. I'm pretty ripped (not trying to show off), played football and swam in high school, and weight lifted for years. I also have an eight pack and run marathons. So I'm really into it and so is she.

After the workout we can grab a bite, but neither of us will be showered. I've surfed with her before so she knows she doesn't have to get dolled up for me. Last time we surfed together, we got food, and late that night we had sex.

You bring up a good point about it being "work." I think I'll have to make it interesting and keep things light.

Thanks for your input.

>