Do you use Instagram for picking girls?

sab

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Some girls do not give you their phone number but ask about your Instagram details. To me this is BS. it's a lame excuse. I do not use Instagram. I am usually not too keen on social media. I am trying to figure out if this is necessary and whether it is costing me dates.

Starboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Some girls do not give you their phone number but ask about your Instagram details. To me this is BS. it's a lame excuse. I do not use Instagram. I am usually not too keen on social media. I am trying to figure out if this is necessary and whether it is costing me dates.
You know i'm actually wondering this too. I've had girls ask for my ig,but I deflect and say I deactivated mine when I never had one to begin with. I collect their number instead,but no response. Some girls just want an orbiter to give a little clout especially if she's a influencer,but I think others girls might want to get to know you better and feel a # is too personal for a guy she barely knows. Social media can let her know you're a normal dude with interests. Like you I dislike ig,but idk I feel like i'm at a disadvantage for not having one.

Mimbe393939

Rookie
Rookie
I have no social media so I am curious how this pans out as well

Tr1cky

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
This is a convo I had the other day with a female friend who is a 8/10 in Vegas

me “don’t act like you don’t give your number out to guys with no intention of responding”

Her “Oh I do that often I actually just give them my ig and block them after but that’s the least hoe thing to do lmao”

9 out of 10 times a chick tries to give you her social media instead of a phone number she’s not interested.

Now IF you have an amazing social media you can beat them to the punch and offer to trade instagrams. Take their phone and type it in yourself then follow your account and tell her you will follow her after (which you don’t do).

Otherwise your game needs work. For phone numbers to work on any sort of consistency she needs to think you are the best person she’s met all year, thinking she met someone “special” today, waiting for your text.

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
I've seen it happen on the infield videos of some fairly well respected seduction channels, and it seems to work well if you have a decent insta. But I don't know for a fact, because I only take numbers or whatsapp, I don't use insta or facebook and any kind of social media I consider to be for her fans and not me.

Last edited:

pancakemouse

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

Winston

Space Monkey
space monkey
The way I see it, Insta for girls is:
- less risky than giving their phone number for communications via Whatsapp
- better plausible deniability when they have a boyfriend
- a perfect way of knowing more of the guy before meeting again (because, contrary to popular beliefs, Insta profiles are honest signals, they are difficult to fake, it's harder to have a good Insta than to have a good Tinder profile)

So I think this trend will develop further and further, and in a few years ahead, it could be totally uncalibrated to push for the number when the girl wants to keep in touch via Insta instead.

I have started to use Insta this July because otherwise I would have lost numbers close/dates, and since then I am working on making my profile good.

Now I think I have a good one, and it's me who proposes Insta first instead of Whatsapp.

Last edited:

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
no, you are correct you do not want to go instagram route... Don't get into that type of situation in the first place, here: https://www.skilledseducer.com/thre...one-number-and-ice-breaker-first-texts.24680/

Beck Bass

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
The way I see it, Insta for girls is:
- less risky than giving their phone number for communications via Whatsapp
- better plausible deniability when they have a boyfriend
- a perfect way of knowing more of the guy before meeting again (because, contrary to popular beliefs, Insta profiles are honest signals, they are difficult to fake, it's harder to have a good Insta than to have a good Tinder profile)
All that it's true, I think, so I think it's natural for a girl to ask your handle, but if you ask for a number, and she's attracted, it shouldn't be too much of a deal, really.

So I think this trend will develop further and further, and in a few years ahead, it could be totally uncalibrated to push for the number when the girl wants to keep in touch via Insta instead.
I hope not, I just deleted my IG last month, I was getting fucking tired of it, even after only following people I actually knew and sorta cared about, I was like, I really don't care what you all doing, or listening or whatever, fuck this, it's a waste of time. It was reminding me of Facebook back when I deleted it as well, either 2017 or 2018.

So far I've had no problem getting numbers from girls, the only people that asked for my IG then didn't ask for anything else where the group I met at the line of the club I went to solo, I had no intention of meeting them again (though I wouldn't mind it really), and it seems neither did them, so whatever.

Some girls just want an orbiter to give a little clout especially if she's a influencer,but I think others girls might want to get to know you better and feel a # is too personal for a guy she barely knows. Social media can let her know you're a normal dude with interests. Like you I dislike ig,but idk I feel like i'm at a disadvantage for not having one.
I think this can be kinda true, but if you come across as a cool, sociable guy during your interaction, it shouldn't be necessary for her to see your IG to know that you're a "normal guy" (or even a cool guy). If you're a cool guy in person, I think giving your IG can actually lower your chances with her, because most guys don't have the skills or patience to have a cool social media profile... Even when I had a kinda cool one (which took some effort), it was quite polarizing, because it was very fuckboy-ish, and some girls would send me very sexual messages and feel open to talk dirty with me very fast, but many also would block me right away lol
I think that going for the number makes you more mysterious and also makes you stand out, nowadays I think it's rare for a guy to not have an IG, even if it's just to simp after girls. Also it's more likely she will see and answer your messages, because numbers are more personal, while any chump with an account can message her on IG, and she's likely getting more messages there (and ignoring more too)

>