Escalation & The Possibility of Incongruent Texting

CiceroTheSecond

Rookie
Rookie
So on Thursday afternoon, there was an extremely cute girl, dirty blonde-ish & glasses. We’ll call her A. Upon leaving after i finished my midterm, i noticed A was also headed the same direction, so I opened with “A! (i knew who she was beforehand) you haven’t introduced yourself!” spoken with conviction, not fast. Eye contact the entire conversation. I was dressed well that day too. she stuck out her hand, awkwardly & her face was as red as a tomato. we chatted for about 3 minutes but since i actually had to run, I grabbed her number & wished her a great night.

Fast forward about 6 hours, she not only responds to my initial text, the whole “save my number” tip but asks me a harmless question about my midterm. I respond & we talk for a bit. I ask her if she’s free on halloween, she says no. She willingly rescheduled though, for November 7th, next thursday. I said, “alright cool. i’ll work out the details :)” The convo continues into the next morning & she initiates convo once again, so i respond. We’re just talking about nothing in particular, something i generally avoid.

but here’s the problem: i think not talking to her yesterday (all day) really put the nail in the coffin. We both work & i don’t want to get into pointless conversations. Yes, i could’ve entertained a convo about life, school, ambition, etc. But to be honest, i wasn’t really in the mindset of “showing interest” since the weekend was a little messy.

So the problem now is: I get a message today from A, which says “i don’t want any misunderstandings, but i don’t have feelings for you.” Well, of course she doesn’t. That’s obvious. Initial attraction isn’t enough, as we all know.

It’s just weird: the whole “don’t text often or about pointless things” seems to have backfired when it worked on a total of 4 girls last semester & this semester. & so much so that the one lady, J, STILL hits me up, asking to come over & cuddle & all that.

I’m at a loss. This girl was very cute & admittedly, i was excited. seemingly wholesome girl who had girlfriend potential.

Toby2030

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
There are too many variables at play. That's why I always go for the meet up over text as fast as possible. Fluff over text is in my experience bad and doesn't convert high % wise. Treat her last text as a shit test and start moving towards a close. Check out Todd V's text game.

Witcher

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey Cicero,

Good job with that approach! My humble comments below:

It’s just weird: the whole “don’t text often or about pointless things” seems to have backfired when it worked on a total of 4 girls last semester & this semester. & so much so that the one lady, J, STILL hits me up, asking to come over & cuddle & all that.

I’m at a loss. This girl was very cute & admittedly, i was excited. seemingly wholesome girl who had girlfriend potential.

Something I understood lately about GC systems is that they are not only made for maximum efficiency to get the girl. They are also made for you to get the girl while wasting a minimum of time and energy and to quickly write off dead ends girls that are not really interested in you so you can focus on the one who are. So don't be confused if sometimes you actually lose some girls following the advice on the board. You should check Chase Article about Reaction Vs Results.

Now for the operation part :
I was dressed well that day too. she stuck out her hand, awkwardly & her face was as red as a tomato. we chatted for about 3 minutes but since i actually had to run, I grabbed her number & wished her a great night.

Fast forward about 6 hours, she not only responds to my initial text, the whole “save my number” tip but asks me a harmless question about my midterm. I respond & we talk for a bit. I ask her if she’s free on halloween, she says no. She willingly rescheduled though, for November 7th, next thursday. I said, “alright cool. i’ll work out the details :)” The convo continues into the next morning & she initiates convo once again, so i respond. We’re just talking about nothing in particular, something i generally avoid.

This is where you maybe made most of the mistakes.

You should exchange numbers with a girl after she agrees to meet up that's the best way to avoid flakes and dead numbers.

You asked her out on Halloween! Better not ask girls out on this kind of events because they may be busy or would want to look like they are busy. It's like Friday and Saturday night dates all people prefer to look busy on them. Check Chase Article on Friday and Saturday Night Date.

I said, “alright cool. I’ll work out the details :)”. A simple "Alright" would have been more than enough. You also handled her the frame, she is now the one calling the shots in this interaction, not the best you can do. You can see me and another member get caught in similar things and getting better at it after some coaching by Seppuku in this thread.

As long as you don't have great ability in texting keep it simple and short. Some article to guide you:
1.https://www.girlschase.com/content/keeping-your-cool-dont-chase-women
2.https://www.girlschase.com/content/14-simple-ways-text-girl-and-make-her-want-you

Good luck with the next girls ;)

Cody Lyans

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I implement delay tactics to not act cold. Send hugs, a picture that relates to her or is funny. Or talk about a useless thing like this is Jim he's my hero and I would feel terrible without him in my life, he is also a space heater. I thought it was time to introduce u.

It seems useless but makes you not have to go overboard while keeping a girl on the hook

Reactions: fog
>