Eye Contact and Pre-Opening

Adam101

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
This is another issue where I'm having trouble finding the fine line. I guess the best way to phrase my question is what are proper forms of eye contact to initiate and interaction or even force attention? Clubs and bars are noisy and distracting places, and so getting noticed isn't always a guarantee. One tactic I'm trying out is to actually look at women sexually when I'm out. Normally I'm the type to steal glances; take my peek and then immediately look away. But now I'm trying to look at women where my focus is on them, concentrating on their face (or head), and occasionally working my eyes down and back up. Thing is I'm not sure if I'm coming off as looking for a signal or leery and creepy. Don't get me wrong I don't stare at girls without breaking my gaze. But I'll go through the aforementioned process, return my sight to her neck up, and then look off somewhere else.

Since I'm out alone I'm extra conscious of trying to seem approachable instead of creepy and so a little extra insight into how this game works would be a big help. Through my eyes I want to, in a sense, force a girl to notice me noticing her...but without looking like a slobbering lap dog.

Also, are there any guidelines for wandering eyes when talking to a girl? When talking to people, I almost always maintain direct eye contact which I've been informed is more threatening than I thought. But I'm wondering if rather than breaking eye contact by looking away and instead looking down if that would give that sexy subtle signal of "I want you." I appreciate any and all advice.

Adam101

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Thank you for pointing me to that article. It helped make things a little clearer but I'm still a little confused on something. Namely it says that when you look at a woman make sure she knows it. Now, I know there are no hard rules but is there a general time I can reference for when staring goes from "interest" to "creepy guy?" Girls here can be so involved in their groups or whatever is going on that at times it feels impossible to force eye contact (then again I am a novice). I've been trying to look at girls with a more definite "I want to sleep with you." look but I'm not getting any return gazes it seems. I know you're not supposed to approach women from behind and while making initial eye contact is probably very beneficial, how necessary is it? Most of the time it seems that the only way to get a girl to notice me and start talking is to essentially force myself into her life for those few moments by literally grabbing her attention and saying hi.

>