FR  Failed To Get The Number??

Smurf

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Alright guys, sorry it's been long since I've actually posted doing something.

Tonight me and a friend - Call him Chris - went to a poetry slam at school (I had a feeling the girl I've been looking at would be there, since one of my other friends - Call him J - was with her - Call HER Emma - earlier at a football game.) My friend J told me to text him when we got there. He sort of already helped me when I didn't even realize it. We went into the main hall and met with my J and Emma, who he brought down with him to meet us (Thanks dude! :)) Me and her are a similar height, so when we got there we hugged and she said:
Emma: "You're a good height for this!"
After hugging for around 5 seconds we went to the slam and sat there for about an hour. In the slam, at first she was sitting down and I sat down next to her. She then got up and stood near the wall for a bit. My friend that was there already stood near the wall next to her and left the seat to my left open. He asked her something about sitting down(next to me, I have good friends :)) but she declined. He actually asked twice but was pretty adamant about not sitting. Later, she actually sat down next to me. (I feel here I should've done something but I'm not sure what, because when people are doing poetry you're supposed to stay relatively quiet). She sat next to me for around ten seconds and then got up. (Now I definitely felt like she wanted something but didn't get it and left quickly). After around an hour, there was intermission, where I started talking to her and bantering with her a bit.

There wasn't any deep diving, it was just physical flirting (I tried to close the proximity, which worked pretty well). Me and the friend I came with wanted to go meet up with some other friends, so I tried to grab her number real quick and run.(Mistake?)

(Previously we were talking about my middle name and I didn't want to tell her, to put in some context)
Me:Hey, put your number in my phone. (I held my phone out to her)
Emma: Tell me your middle name first! (Here we weren't exactly alone, there were a lot of people around us, and one of her friends actually walked by and said, "Ooh, Emma!" Thanks...)
Me: Give me your number first and I'll tell you.(I didn't feel like telling her, probably a childish mistake, but eventually me and my friend went downstairs while she and the rest of the people went back into the poetry slam.)

Me and my friend Chris hung out around the school for a bit until the slam let out. When it did, I wanted to see if she was actually interested or not, so when I saw her come down the stairs in my peripheral vision, I pretended to be looking at some old photographs in a case. She walks up to me and starts talking again. At this point I was tired and my phone was dead, I had no pen so I didn't push for her number again. The conversation eventually faded and she walked off.

AFTERMATH
I don't really know what to make of this. I feel like she was interested, but I probably messed something up in the process. I definitely feel I should've isolated her, and probably then I could've deep dived. Other than that my flirting seemed pretty on-point. If anyone knows what to make of this situation, go ahead and post. Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, everything's a bit hazy for some reason.

Jake.

>