FR  First

Dfgsfvcs34

Rookie
Rookie
Little backstory. For the last several years I have used online dating apps as a means to “hookup” with people. Most of the hookups have been with HB 5-6 with the occasional hookup with a HB 7+. After recognizing that I as an individual can do better, I have recently deleted said dating apps and instead have been focusing on “night game”. For the past 3-4 months I have implemented a strong routine of exercising, meditation, eating right and not jerking off. Prior to this, I found holding conversations with people hard and awkward, however after sticking to this routine I have definitely noticed a shift in my level of confidence and overall communication with other people.

With that being said, last night I went out to originally meet a buddy of mine at a bar in town. However, he ended up flaking so I decided to just hit the town solo for a bit. One of the things I have been struggling with is pacing the amount of drinking I do, as I tend to go out and drink a lot In order to calm my nerves of approaching people. However, the exact opposite happens, as once I drink more, I tend to lose focus on the goal and thus if I do approach while I’m drunk, It usually doesnt go well.

So yesterday I get to a bar around 9 pm and sit down and order myself one drink. The bar was pretty empty with it being mostly friends together enjoying their night. In order to get out of my head I decided to chat with the bartender for a bit. He was chill and I had a nice buzz going. Two ladies came up to the bar next to me and ordered a drink. I commented to the cute one that she a good taste in drinks. She looked at me and laughed and said thanks, and then went back to her seat with her friend. After mostly finishing my drink and the bar still being pretty empty, I decided to leave and head to a different bar nearby that I had been to in the past.

I had been to this said bar in the past on a Friday/Saturday night around 12 am, and it was packed. However, it being 10:00 pm on a Thursday it was pretty dead with just about 5-6 friend groups. At this point, I started to feel self conscious due to the fact that I was the only one alone in the place and the bar tenders did not seem to be in a chatty mood. I ordered a drink and kinda vibed to the music, but it was still definitely awkward. At one point around 10:30, two women who were pretty attractive came in and ordered a drink next to me. Despite the fact that I was self concious about being alone, I mustered up the courage to turn my head towards them and ask what drink they were getting. They replied pretty positively and I held good eye contact with one of them while talking, but after they got their drink they left to the dance floor area and I did not want to follow as it would look needy. After about 5 more minutes, I decided to call it a night because the whole purpose of going out was to pace myself with drinking to see if that would help approaching people. I’ll be going out solo tomorrow to a place that plays house music, so I‘ll be focusing on pacing my drinks and approaching people.

>