FR  FR Fun Coffee Date

josephjo

Space Monkey
space monkey
Met this girl at CVS, I did a direct opener on her. We chat for a bit and I set up a date with her in the next few days. She flakes on our first date but counteroffers another date a few days later. I accept.

I meet her at Starbucks and its packed. I bounce her for a walk and we sit on a bench and chat. Somewhere in our conversation, she mentions she has to finish a paper tonight so she can't stay out late. She is studying for her PHD. I ignore it and kino, joke with her and continue the good vibes. We bounce back to Starbucks and she mentions in passing that I its been 20 mins (cause I said we will chat at Starbucks for 10 mins). I ignore it and I continue to kino and I try to play the cube game with her.
She says its inappropriate to hold hands in Starbucks, maybe CVS or the bar across the street but not here.
I tell her "Let's go then"
She replies "I can't, I have to go soon"
(Every time she says she has to go, she is smiling and makes no attempt to leave)
I stand up and I interlock arms and I say let's go and she stays sitting. I say "Well this is a bit awkward, we need to head out!" She replies that she doesn't feel awkward. I Loudly say in the Starbucks "OMG I will not make out with you in Starbucks" and she turns red instantly. I sit back down and after she holds my hand (compliance) to play the cube game, she says I have two more questions and she has to go. Again, she makes no attempt to leave. Eventually after I figure we had enough time of flirting, I go outside with her where she asks where I live. I live in the opposite direction and she says "Oh well I thought you could walk me and I would answer your question"
"Just tell me here" as I stop her in front of the Starbucks
I hold her hand and she's smiling. Building a lot of sexual tension with eye contact and I go in for the kiss, she moves her face. Still smiling though. I try a cold read and she keeps laughing, saying that I am trying to "game" her (shes a her PHD in psychology btw)
I go in for another kiss anyway and she moves slightly again.
After chatting a bit, I tell her I should go and I give her a hug and say goodbye. She pulls me in for another hug and says "I'll kiss you on the cheek" she kisses my cheek and we say goodbye.
(Just to say while we were hanging out she did mention jokingly that for our 2nd date I should take her for drinks)
I text her the next day asking if she wanted to grab dinner that not, she replies that she had a great time with me yesterday and thought our dinner date would be more "official" insinuating I was trying to get a kiss but she's busy tonight and maybe next week. I jokingly respond "Is that your sly way to get a kiss from me on our next date? When are you free yada yada yada"

Questions:
Should I have tried to take her home with me even though she insisted she needed to do her homework?

I tried to bounce her to a bar but she kept saying she needed to go home, I thought well it'd be better to end the date than to try to drag it out. Good or bad idea?

>