Get a date via text or social circle?

A

Anonymous

I've only recently started to work hard on myself in all aspects of life, including the girlschase etc. stuff. This will be a long text, because I feel it's a weird situation, so hang in there.

Anyway, there's this girl in one of my social circles I just recently became really attracted to. We met at a festival and she had a boyfriend back then, I didn't give too much thought about it. We never really clicked on an emotional/sexual level. Now we see each other every 1-2 weeks in a group. Last 2 meetings I realized I wanted her. I got her number and asked her out via text because I wasn't sure if I could do it better in real life. She texted something like "yeah, we'll see :) ", in german it sounds more like a "maybe" and is basically interpreted as a "no, but I don't want to hurt you". I shrugged it off and didn't continue writing her. 3 days later she wrote me she's sorry because her answer sounded so rude. That was odd, but kind of cute. So we actually had a really good text-conversation afterwards, some good rapport and a little teasing. Now I am not sure if I should build on that fresh attraction/rapport and ask her out again via text, tomorrow, or if I should wait a week and move her from the group and try to get her out on a date from person to person the next time we meet. I feel like her text 3 days afterwards could have been her saying "ask me out again", but I don't think that is the case here.

I'd love to get some insight on this. Thanks in advance!

>