Getting Dressed vs. Pyjamas

Garrett

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey guys,

Random topic I know, but I've been thinking about this lately...

You know when you have company coming over, people you see only a few times a year and don't really care what they think of you? I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about, especially those of you with big families ;). Anyways, what I'm wondering is, do you bother getting dressed everyday, even when you aren't going out? I'm not suggesting you try to impress the mailman or the paperboy, but I was curious if this is something you should try to improve upon. Some say they get dressed, even when at home because it shows self respect and caring about your appearance at all times. Although that may be true, I'm sure many of you would prefer to stay in your comfortable shorts or pyjamas. With that being said, sometimes it's embarrassing when you have people over and you aren't looking as presentable as you could or even should. The thing is, if you have people coming over, and you randomly dress up for the occasion, people may think you're making it a big deal, and someone lacking social intelligence may even blurt it out and embarrass you infront of everyone. I know my family would. If we had people over and I randomly dressed up for the occasion, I'd get comments about being try hard and it's hard to handle when you have comments like that flying from all over the place. So the easier thing would be to stay in pyjamas, but look somewhat presentable.

I feel it's important to dress well when you go out, even if it's to the grocery store or some short trip. With that being said, if people are coming to your house, and you aren't entertaining them, then why worry about your presentation? You eat dinner with them and then get back to whatever you're doing, what's the point of dressing up for like an hour and then changing?

I suppose those of you who have moved out don't have to worry about small things like this as much. I do want to try to improve myself in many ways just like all of you, but at the same time, be efficient, and use energy where necessary. So my question for you guys is, is this something I should be concerned with? Why or why not? I get that some people have an "i don't give a f*** attitude" which is cool in a sense, but if you don't care about your appearance, then you won't be taken seriously...

Anyways, would appreciate some feedback!
Garrett

The Tool

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey Garrett. For the most part what I do is stay in my Pjs if they are already over when I get up, then they give me some smart ass comments about how I sleep in to late and there is a big laugh. Then eventually I change.

What I would do is simply put on a pair of jeans, a decent T shirt. Just something casual that you would wear hanging out with a bunch of your buddies (when your not looking for women ;) ) That way they dont give you shit for dressing up and you just look like your goin to hang out with the bros. No fuss, no Hassle no mess. :)

Cheers, The Tool

Garrett

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool,

Thanks bro, helpful advice! Seems obvious now, I'm a bit extreme with how I dress; when I'm out I dress really well, but at home I wear wife beaters/t-shirts and pyjama pants. Good call though man, it's good to take care of how you look, but you don't have to go nuts like cologne, gel hair, accessories etc.; just a cool t-shirt and jeans works quite well!

Cheers,
Garrett

>