Girl gave me looks and friended me after a party, what do I do?

timtobbler

Space Monkey
space monkey
I just came home from a Halloween party where this girl I was in a conversation with kept shooting me looks and smiles, and I sensed she was interested in me. On checking facebook, I noticed she'd friend requested me. Considering we have no mutual friends and I only mentioned my name once, I'm not sure how she found me, and the only reason I could imagine she'd go out of her way to friend me would be if she's interested. You don't specifically seek out people on facebook unless you want to stay in touch with them, especially when the conversation was so brief.

So let's assume I've got this girl interested in me from a party who friended me on facebook. What's my next move? Do I invite her to something I happen to be going to which could be used as a point to re-establish the connection? Do I ask her to coffee? Do I go back to building rapport? What's the move here?

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
What is your goal on FB? I'd send her a FB message asking her number, and set up a date.

ElderPrice

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
You're overthinking it IMO. Try this. What you described here has NEVER happened to me. If it did, here's what I'd try, assuming I thought the girl was normal and not a nutball: I'd invite her over ASAP. I'd give a good reason for it like "I made wayyy too much chicken for dinner. Do you like bbq chicken?" or "XYZ movie is now on Netflix! I've been waiting for months to see this! Want to come over and watch with me?" Something like that. A girl checking you out and friending you is pretty darn clear. Doesn't sound like you need to worry about "connection" or "building rapport."

If she refuses however, THEN set up a date for a different day. Coffee should be fine. Let her know you don't have more than an hour. Or maybe tell her you only have 30 minutes. You don't want to be rewarding her with hours of your presence after she declined to come over!

>