Online & Apps  Hello? How Low

Smiling_Stray

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
So it should be common knowledge here to say more than just "hi" or "hello" for a first text most of the time but what about when a girl texts you "hi" or "hello" first?

So I'm trying out another dating app that seems to work well with me when I'm on the road and also meeting locals in person with it's travel mode. It's Tinder's feminist look-alike :p I'm talking about Bumble.

For those who haven't tried it, it's like tinder where you swipe through a stack of profiles BUT the catch is that the girl has to text you first. The app won't let guys text first. And for the first messages between you, you have 24hrs to reply.

Anyway, I looked high and low for a video of how to reply to simple "Hi" messages from girls that I could swear I remember seeing on the youtube channel but it doesn't seem to be there now (maybe I'm misremembering but I swear I saw it there before). Even checked for articles but searching "hi" or "hello" brings up a lot of other stuff and not much of relevance. Obviously, I'm searching this because I got one of those messages and can't remember what the best way to reply was.

However I've only got a few hours left to reply so unless someone here gets back to me quickly enough I'm just gonna take a shot in the dark and see what happens in the morning (since it's late on a Friday night here). Beyond that it, it is what it is. Even then, it'd still be good to know for future reference if there's something out there on this or if someone experienced knows.

Smiling_Stray

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Well it worked and we got around to setting up a date (although logistics don't look good so that might be that for now). Basically this was how it went:

Her: "Hey :) "
Me: "Hey (name)! Just got a hot cup of coffee :) How's your day going- as caffeinated as mine??"
Her: "Actually no really tired but on my way to the beach!"
Me: "I was actually just there! :p that your favorite place to travel to?"
Her: "Dominican Republic"
Me: "never been there- they have good coffee"
Her: "Yea"
Me: "sounds good to me! maybe i should go sometime"
Me: "until then, you wanna grab a cup together sometime??"
Her: "Sure"
Me: "Cool! You have whatsapp or snapchat?"
(personally, I feel like this was an unnecessary step to setting things up but I was experimenting with some advice- thoughts?)
Her: "I have snap chat"
Me: "what's your snap?"
Her: (gives snapchat)

From there I don't have any records due to the way snapchat works but it was just figuring out the where and when only for things to get cancelled since she ended up having work move her to that day last minute. She said she was sorry and said maybe next time. We have not yet rescheduled and I'm looking elsewhere.

immy3482

Space Monkey
space monkey
On bumble after they say hi/hey, I just proceed with whatever I would normally say.

Here's what I usually text:
Her: "Hi"
Me: Hey, you’re sexy. I’m [your name]. Watcha up to?

[Respond to whatever she says]. What do you like to do for fun?

[Respond to whatever she says]. I’m into [hobbies you’re into]. What part of [your town] are you from? I’m in [area you’re in].

[Respond to whatever she says]. You seem cool, we should grab a drink and see if we click. I’m not looking for anything super serious, but if you’re up for a drink, a flirt & to see what happens, drop me your number & I’ll send you a text.

>