Hit Rate

Estate

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hey guys,
So here's a question I don't see discussed a lot.

What is a good "hit rate"? Most PUA's give off the impression that if you fail with a girl, you are a pathetic loser and will die alone. It doesn't matter if she isn't interested in meeting anyone, has a boyfriend, has a husband, has a sugardaddy or ANY other reason...
PUA coaches make you feel like an absolute failure in life if you don't get a particular girl... which is pretty much the opposite what what their job is (i.e. they're taking guys who need help socially and are probably sad because of it and making them feel worse!).

Anyway, so Chase touched on it in an old post where he said as a newbie, you'd expect 1 in every 10-15 girls to be really into you but then you improve and also learn to pick the right targets and the "hit rate" will improve again.

What do people here think of this? Do you need to learn to pick the right targets while also refining your game... and even then, surely EVERY girl is not there to be won. Everyone has things going on in their lives, we're not all pre-programmed robots who just need the right buttons pressed... surely some girls will just not be available or interested when you approach and it's not a total failure at life.

What do you all think?

A Life Loquacious

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
The way I see it, if you look at the information on GC blogs you'll see after a while that maybe around half actually stems around the mechanics of PUA technique. In fact PUA tech is just one of many tools in a box to affect the desired outcome. The rest of the material stems around making changes to yourself in order to

- be more naturally attractive and sexy; meaning women who are up for sex at any given time are drawn to you, either consciously or not
- identify when a woman is giving you IOIs and escalation opportunities and how to capitalise on them in a graceful, manly fashion
- use your power wisely, avoid breaking hearts and developing a bad reputation
- how to avoid getting discouraged by and learn from your mistakes

I don't think anyone here on this site would call someone a failure if they couldn't charm their way into a happily-married woman's pants in the space of ten minutes, and I don't suppose most of the guys here are looking to do that since being a homewrecker isn't so great. However, we are interested to know how to spot when a married woman we meet is feeling horny and underloved, and allow that to develop into something beneficial to both of us, with minimum fuss. Well, that's how I see it, anyway.

The Tool

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I agree with Life, very well put my man. Essentially you have to expect and not be afraid of ALOT OF FAILURE!!!! expect most numbers to not go anywhere untill your an absolute pro like chase. Just keep practicing and have that abundance mentality and theres nothing you cant do ;)

baftycrastard

Rookie
Rookie
I am a reasonably good looking guy but relatively new to the "game" as I was always at practice or studying. I have NEVER been rejected when going in for a kiss, in saying that.. at the beginning I used to ask, as a 16 year old, if I could kiss her and would get the roll of the eyes followed by an affirmative nod. Please note I've only kissed about 40 girls and slept with only 2 so it's probably just luck/beginners luck

G'luck all!

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Estate,

Estate said:
Hey guys,
So here's a question I don't see discussed a lot.

What is a good "hit rate"?

Depends on a bunch of things, but most importantly what you mean by "hit rate" - context's important here. I think you're using it the way I normally use it (and maybe I've used it that way on the site, I can't remember), which is to mean a girl who's really into you and feeling you.

In that case, it depends a lot on fundamentals and experience, like the guys here have said. It also depends on how comfortable you are in a given situation (stemming out of experience), what that situation is, and what your "setup" looks like (are you by yourself? surrounded by friends? next to a beautiful woman who's hitting on you? are you walking up to the girl, or conveniently next to her? are you wandering around being an approach machine, or smoothly and gradually reaching out and pulling a girl in? etc.).

I'd honestly say my hit rate for walking around a party or nightclub doing lots of cold approach hasn't really changed much since I was a beginner. I'd get almost as many girls interested off the bat or not interested off the bat then as I do now. I'm much better able to maintain that attraction, grow it, and turn it into something substantial now, but there were plenty of times I'd go out when I had no idea what I was doing, and 2 or 3 out of 15 or 20 girls I talked to would be very interested in me, and that's about what I'd say it is now for relatively untargeted mass approaching (e.g., just approach a lot of cute girls and whatever happens happens). I've had times where I've had to go through 40 girls in an outing to find one who was very into me, and I've had times where I just stumbled into a girl who really liked me without actively doing any targeting with the first or second approach I did. It evens out though, and it's usually around 10 to 15 approaches to meet 1 girl who's very into you, and if you're doing 15 to 20 you'll often find 2 or 3.

There may be a quality factor in that; i.e., I'm probably approaching more beautiful women now than I was as a beginner, as I've vastly improved my appeal to women all the way around and I have an easier time getting prettier girls now than I used to. So, the reason for the hit rate remaining relatively constant may simply be because I've adjusted the "difficulty level" on my approaching up.

The skill of a guy who's more experienced in upping his hit rate mostly comes down to doing a better job selecting the girls he wants to talk to, and getting into conversation with them more smoothly and naturally. When you're doing things that way, you can improve your hit rate substantially, though it's going to depend in part on the environment. You also won't be able to quite get to the numbers you'll hit if you're doing untargeted approaching, so there's a tradeoff.

Basically, you need to do large amounts of untargeted approaching if you want to learn how to target properly. Even now that I can target pretty well and don't have much need to go do any mass approaches, most of the time that I try some untargeted mass approaching for old times' sake I end up surprised at one of the girls who likes me... I didn't think she'd like me at all.

No matter how good your radar gets, there's always something to learn from just going out and maximizing your data points. Every time you do, that radar gets a little bit more refined, and you add another little component into your hit rate mix.

Chase

Estate

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hey guys,
Thanks for all of that.
Yes, by hit rate, I do mean meeting girls who are really into you, not necessarily one outcome in particular.

The reason I ask is this. I always felt that no matter how good your "game", you will always meet girls who just have other stuff going on... she has a boyfriend, husband, is having a bad day, is busy and the list goes on... which mean she probably genuinely isn't interested or is too occupied to be otherwise right now.

However, I used to hang around some other PUA forums which is why I brought that into this conversation (I know, this isn't strictly a PUA site). Guys on there seem to worship the "gurus" as if they NEVER miss out on a girl. No matter what, if the girl doesn't end up being a "hit" then it's 100% YOUR fault and you will continue to fail at life and fail with women and I think it's a really unhealthy attitude. Guys who are already pretty depressed about not being able to approach a girl, finally start doing it, and after just a few rejections, they are being told by their mentors what loosers they are... it's not very helpful or healthy IMO.

Yet it's always stuck in my mind. They INSIST that a guy who's good at all this, will pick up ANY girl at ANY time, ANYwhere if his game is that good. And that's something I find hard to believe, there are too many variables in life. Yet when trying to really get good, even after some success, you meet a girl that it's just not going anywhere with.. it starts to creep back up on me... is this all MY fault or is there some things involved I could do nothing about. I know it can be a little of both depending on the situation but you get where I'm coming from.

>