How can I train myself to move slower?

pikachu

Space Monkey
space monkey
This is something I've wanted to do for a while. I've tried taking a breath before getting or doing something.

Are there other conscious steps I can apply to move slower?

JacobPalmer

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Short answer - meditate, workout, and practice.

Meditating will calm your mind. Working out will also calm your mind and release excess energy. And then just practice moving slower. Once you're calm and confident it'll just come naturally.

pikachu

Space Monkey
space monkey
Thanks I will try this out. I do have a lot of extra nervous/anxious energey.

Overdoze

Space Monkey
space monkey
My favorite way is to find people who move the way you aspire to do.

Just work at home on learning their speed and mannerisms. copy them.

Doesnt come from one time doing so. continued work is needed. But feel the little changes. just 1% changes. one after the other.

Maybe watch beyond words and check cajuns way of moving which is the best ive seen out there of the easy accessible stuff.

Then watch how people respond to that. let their reactions feed you. if /when you get it right their behavior will change as they sense you differently in your response patterns.

The key is when youget triggers in your nervous reactions to others. Train to maintain your new flow.

For nervous energy feel down in your body and ground yourself more.

nervous energy/reactions makes the slower movement tough but the training is a way to clean it out or adjust it if you pick confident types.

let the feel of the new movement feed your system and feel

grow this side of you - you have it. we all do.

one key is to fiddle less and dont move your head nor give supplecating facial expressions. minimise your reactions and stay with the slow rythm from above.

beware that maybe your voice needs similar work so that it aligns with your physical movement

pikachu

Space Monkey
space monkey
oh yeah that's another thing I need to do: reduce head movement. So much work ahead of me :)

Overdoze

Space Monkey
space monkey
haha true - for me too

just keep doing it - train at home - do it all place around you - and note the difference in responsese from people

these parts are one of the keys for attractive fundamentals

As well as catch when your not doing it (i just caught myself today going the oppositie way)

itll come to you

se how cool people do it and steal - slowly build it out with new add ons

eg nodding upwards w your chin as a oh hi, or eg. when asking someone something can provide a very alpha sorta feel that supports a slow grounded presence..

few more things here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21611

>