Online & Apps  How do you move fast + build rapport?

Garrett

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey guys,

So i'm currently experimenting with Plenty of Fish and have used Chase's suggested profile setup. I've noticed improvements compared to before, and have come to a few realizations...

1. It's better to meet girls in person, as it takes time for them to respond online. If you're impatient, I'd reconsider trying the online route.

2. If you get obsessed with logging in and checking your messages (due to variable intervals) like me, then I suggest you shut down your account. I have trouble with this and used to log in on facebook constantly to check if I got notifications. Whenever I got notifications, I'd feel an emotional rush of excitement, and for that, I don't suggest you make an account if you have an addictive personality like me. With that being said, it's distracting, so I may delete the account soon.

3. The quality you get online usually doesn't compare to real life. You may come across a 'gem' every once in a while, but it takes time, effort, patience, and work!

Anyways, I could probably go on, but these are a few of the main realizations I've come across. With that being said, I've been sending girls the Wii Sports message, and I'd say they respond like 1/4 or 1/5 of the time. Better than I was getting before. I also need better pictures; I've got an ab shot, a sexy smile one looking down and away, and a picture with friends together at prom.

With that being said, when I do get responses from girls, I don't know how to get them out. It's different from the girls who are social circle or who you've briefly met in person because they know you and likely trust you more. You guys suggest sending about 10 messages max to get her out. I know it's important to work fast, now I feel like in order to work fast, I need to keep checking my profile so I can respond within a few hours of their messages. If I barely check, then I feel like the girl is going to lose interest if I only check, say twice a day. 10 messages max/2 messages per day = 5 days... does it matter how long it takes to get her out if you're busy and don't have time to keep checking?

Also, does anyone have any advice as to how I should be messaging girls once they respond to the ice breaker? Any specific rules I should be following? I've gotten 2 numbers from 2 hot Asian girls, 6 girls saying they wanted to meet me (none were hot), and have like 40-50 views on my profile.

Any comments, advice, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)
Garrett

Andres

Space Monkey
space monkey
You have definitely been having better luck than me. I had Plenty of Fish when I lived in California but switched to OkCupid after hearing it had hotter girls. I recently switched back to POF and I also used Chase's template with slight changes. Only one girl messaged me and she stopped responding before I could trade numbers with her. She wasn't very hot to begin with. I message about 10 girls every time I go on after picking something out on their profile to comment on or ask them about. Two of them will usually look at my profile and it ends there. I kinda realize the template is a bit cocky and arrogant and I'm considering changing it and just using one that follows the rules on the site.

girlsfollow

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
same Q here - had a lot of chatting going on since I started yesterday - but no numbers - most convos just end up with me asking questions and folllow up q's - interested in some convo examples maybe of how to progress things - very different to real world

Andres

Space Monkey
space monkey
The few girls I met on there suggested hanging out themselves once they were impressed enough. One turned into a friend with benefits for a few years and the other didn't want to talk to me anymore when I used the techniques here to try to turn it into a one night stand. What seemed to do it for me was talking about local areas and deep diving so then once they bring up hanging out just trade numbers. This is given that they reply though.

>