How to improve my approach

EternalStudent

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey all,

So on Monday I cold approached a former co-worker at my gym. I told her that I thought she was cool so far and it'd be nice if we got a bite together. She agreed; I took her number and we parted ways.

About an hour later, I sent an icebreaker text. About a day later (the timing was all unplanned btw, I was just particularly busy for the past two days), I asked her out with the following text:

"What's good (her name)
Good to see that you're tryna get right at the gym
I'm glad school's over so I can bang out a couple of workouts myself earlier in the day
Btw when are you free this week? I have an idea for a place we can eat"

I haven't heard a response from her since.

I'm getting impression she was too polite to say she wasn't interested.

Skjöldr

Modern Human
Modern Human
Hey all,

So on Monday I cold approached a former co-worker at my gym. I told her that I thought she was cool so far and it'd be nice if we got a bite together. She agreed; I took her number and we parted ways.

About an hour later, I sent an icebreaker text. About a day later (the timing was all unplanned btw, I was just particularly busy for the past two days), I asked her out with the following text:

"What's good (her name)
Good to see that you're tryna get right at the gym
I'm glad school's over so I can bang out a couple of workouts myself earlier in the day
Btw when are you free this week? I have an idea for a place we can eat"

I haven't heard a response from her since.

I'm getting impression she was too polite to say she wasn't interested.
It wasnt a cold approach because she was a former co-worker and that text was horrible you opened and closed in the same first text, icebreaker too, i used to do the same. I would advice checking out @Skills basic text guide that isn't perfect and not set in stone but will have way higher odds than that sort of open->hard close in the icebreaker. It will give you a better idea of testing the water and feeling her out before you close, that's the spirit of it: https://www.skilledseducer.com/threads/simple-basic-texting-guide.23663/

EternalStudent

Space Monkey
space monkey
It wasnt a cold approach because she was a former co-worker and that text was horrible you opened and closed in the same first text, icebreaker too, i used to do the same. I would advice checking out @Skills basic text guide that isn't perfect and not set in stone but will have way higher odds than that sort of open->hard close in the icebreaker. It will give you a better idea of testing the water and feeling her out before you close, that's the spirit of it: https://www.skilledseducer.com/threads/simple-basic-texting-guide.23663/
Thanks for the help man.

>