How to maximise social media game during covid-19?

Ohdude

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey,

Has game died or moved online?

If so, how can we maximise social media game rn?

And which platforms?

Thanks,

Sub-Zero

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
If you can go out you can approach at grocery stores, and online dating seems to be the only option other than that.

Tinder, bumble, etc.

ElderPrice

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Most of this has been covered in other articles/threads, but I do have one thought regarding social media: I personally wouldn't recommend being one of the people that posts about how you follow the rules for staying at home. I'm not suggesting to defy or ignore the suggested best practices for flattening the curve. Just don't be one of the people that posts about how important following the rules is. Just don't make the posts. Don't post selfies of you sitting at home. Don't participate in virtual games showing others that you're sitting at home. The idea is to maintain a 'rebel' vibe rather than a 'rule follower' vibe.

Chrance

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Most of this has been covered in other articles/threads, but I do have one thought regarding social media: I personally wouldn't recommend being one of the people that posts about how you follow the rules for staying at home. I'm not suggesting to defy or ignore the suggested best practices for flattening the curve. Just don't be one of the people that posts about how important following the rules is. Just don't make the posts. Don't post selfies of you sitting at home. Don't participate in virtual games showing others that you're sitting at home. The idea is to maintain a 'rebel' vibe rather than a 'rule follower' vibe.

fuck the curve. people scared about a cold give me a break. like, anyone ever had their ass whooped before? or getting t-boned by a dumbass running a red light? Or trapped beneath a big ass wave for who knows how long? <== this is some scary shit. Oh Jesus, but a cold!!! A fever!! Bed ridden!! That is apparently some serious shit we need to quiver our legs about. I’m not scared of an ass whooping, and I’m certainly not scared of a bad cough and some fever.

I don’t even think it’s rebellious or flexing. People are just scared of stupid shit. It’s not my fault everyone’s scared of getting sick, clinging on to life too much! I bet half these scared people talk about their “travels” and how “adventurous” they are, but then when a cold comes along they lock themselves up all while the flowers are blooming and the planets spinning. I understand we all get scared of dumb shit from time to time, but what we’re currently seeing is paranoia at a planetary level. It’s like that emperors new clothes fable, but applied to the whole planet. “Oh, I’m scared of getting sick, why aren’t you?” I’m sure someone will make a useful child’s tale out of this whole phenomenon once it’s all over and no one’s afraid of speaking the obvious without getting shamed for not “flattening the curve.” Something like “long ago, there was a chinaman who caught the flu. ‘If I can catch the flu,’ he said. ‘Than you can too!’ Soon all his friends thought they had the flu, then all of China, then the whole planet!”

The place I’m currently staying at, they’ve got the television on the news 24/7. I never watch news. I don’t like getting hypnotized by a bunch of faggots. Anyway, if that nonsense was on all day in my usual place you can guarantee my mind would be different. My brain is not immune to lies unfortunately. So these people I’m staying with are all huddled and scared of getting sick, watching this bullshit all day

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
@Chrance... I’m not saying you are wrong, because you aren’t.

But in my case, my father is 70 years old and his health is not great.I visit him every week.
Fucking flu won’t do a thing to me, but it could take his life if he gets the infection through me.

Theres no reason to panic, I agree.
Perhaps it’s not that big deal.

But for his sake, I am not taking chances.

Protean

Space Monkey
space monkey
fuck the curve. people scared about a cold give me a break. like, anyone ever had their ass whooped before? or getting t-boned by a dumbass running a red light? Or trapped beneath a big ass wave for who knows how long? <== this is some scary shit. Oh Jesus, but a cold!!! A fever!! Bed ridden!! That is apparently some serious shit we need to quiver our legs about. I’m not scared of an ass whooping, and I’m certainly not scared of a bad cough and some fever.

I don’t even think it’s rebellious or flexing. People are just scared of stupid shit. It’s not my fault everyone’s scared of getting sick, clinging on to life too much! I bet half these scared people talk about their “travels” and how “adventurous” they are, but then when a cold comes along they lock themselves up all while the flowers are blooming and the planets spinning. I understand we all get scared of dumb shit from time to time, but what we’re currently seeing is paranoia at a planetary level. It’s like that emperors new clothes fable, but applied to the whole planet. “Oh, I’m scared of getting sick, why aren’t you?” I’m sure someone will make a useful child’s tale out of this whole phenomenon once it’s all over and no one’s afraid of speaking the obvious without getting shamed for not “flattening the curve.” Something like “long ago, there was a chinaman who caught the flu. ‘If I can catch the flu,’ he said. ‘Than you can too!’ Soon all his friends thought they had the flu, then all of China, then the whole planet!”

The place I’m currently staying at, they’ve got the television on the news 24/7. I never watch news. I don’t like getting hypnotized by a bunch of faggots. Anyway, if that nonsense was on all day in my usual place you can guarantee my mind would be different. My brain is not immune to lies unfortunately. So these people I’m staying with are all huddled and scared of getting sick, watching this bullshit all day

While I understand your annoyance with the hysteria and I do believe keeping your eyes glued to cable news does pretty useless, COVID-19 isn’t just a cold to everyone.

You’re around my age right? That means this disease won’t do much of anything to us. Hell we could have already contracted it and had zero symptoms.

But not everyone is young like us.

Imagine a guy like @Mike Silvertree reading your post. It’s mostly people in his age cohort who are dying. I bet he wishes he could dismiss the disease as just a cough or a fever.

Or a medical worker in Italy reading this as after he’s watched scores of people die of this right before his eyes.

It’s easy to be dismissive when the disease isn’t dangerous to you and you can’t see the impact.

My point is just because COVID-19 is pretty benign to us and most people are being irrational about their fears, does not mean that the disease should be completely brushed off. Don’t buy into the bullshit yes, but don’t be an idiot who spreads the disease to someone like Mike and takes him out before his time or minimizes the suffering of others.

Protean

Carousel

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Ironically, you are quarreling about this virus case here on an anonymous forum.

Maybe that should serve as a lesson to not vent your opinions in public ;)

Chrance

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
@Carousel are we to pretend this paranoia isn’t affecting nightlife, pickup, as well as businesses and people’s jobs and ability to provide for themselves? This is a pickup forum. If we can vent about chicks, not sure why we can’t vent about a delusion inhibiting us from getting chicks. If people don’t like my venting than that’s fine, my heart is not broken; I know I ramble a lot.

But remember, if y’all are scared of a cold or giving someone a cold than understand that it would be irrational for your fears to stop or your behaviors to change once this “pandemic” ends, because you can catch and spread a cold at any time, not merely during this pandemic. You can spread a cold, accidentally killing someone five years from now, nothing to do with corona. You’ve simply learned how quickly a virus can spread, how easy it is to infect someone else, but this has always been the case. Diseases and viruses are all around us everyday. They have ALWAYS been a risk we take when we step outside. Death has ALWAYS been around the corner. Only because of the news do we all of a sudden flip over our lives. Now we can watch our friends get laid off and businesses go under lol

How can anyone here be so confident as to approach women daily, experiencing all kinds of pressure and embarrassment, yet be scared of a cold? How can anyone say they’re “alpha” while running from a cough and fever?

This is all actually very relevant to pickup. It’s a test case in psychological manipulation. Guilt trip people - make them feel like they’re spreading something infectious. I for one do not feel any guilt for spreading something I had no evidence that I carried. If I did I’d be forced to feel guilty all the time. No thanks.

All in all, I feel where y’all (@Protean, @uriel) are coming from. But life for me will go on as usual. I’ll go ahead and end my corona rants here lol

Carousel

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
@Carousel are we to pretend this paranoia isn’t affecting nightlife, pickup, as well as businesses and people’s jobs and ability to provide for themselves? This is a pickup forum. If we can vent about chicks, not sure why we can’t vent about a delusion inhibiting us from getting chicks. If people don’t like my venting than that’s fine, my heart is not broken; I know I ramble a lot.

My advice was to not talk about this in public or on social media, because 1) it is high risk-low reward and 2) a lot of people already have made statements that have made them look stupid when new research or facts have been published. The number of unknowns here is large and people's reactions to statements are unpredictable.

You are free to discuss it here.

Ohdude

Space Monkey
space monkey
interesting tangent lol so @Chrance would you rant to chicks about how ranting about coronavirus is ranted about too?

Y'all made some pertinent points especially @Protean

Chrance

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
interesting tangent lol so @Chrance would you rant to chicks about how ranting about coronavirus is ranted about too?

Y'all made some pertinent points especially @Protean

Well lol if it was too combative a subject than nah; though it seems like quality material for some routines

“So how’d you keep yourself satisfied during the lockdown.”

“Were you guys legitimately scared of catching a cold, or was it all a big joke?”

I’ve been ranting all week though; not on here but to my relatives and friends. So pretty much ready to go if any girl is trying to argue with me that we all need to chop our dicks off and sell our souls to “flatten the curve”

Last edited:
>