Long-Term  How to respond - gf mood change and blunt message

antidox

Space Monkey
space monkey
hi guys, my wing is in an ltr (6 month) and last night his gf went into a mood with him over text seemingly out of nowhere. it didn't ruin our night though we talked about it on the way home.

her: fun flirty conversation - have a good night tonight :) x
him: fun flirty conversation - if you're not working you should come :) x
her: thanks i'm not feeling well, have a good night x
him: thanks hope you're feeling better soon x
her: (y)

she dropped the fun and flirty part sending a short blunt message, when he matched her bluntness she put in even less effort with an emoji, ending the conversation while being very moody. we don't know where the mood change came from.

i know if they send a single emoji, don't reply. it's complicated that this is his gf so he will have to start a new conversation eventually if she doesn't message. (they always have an A,B,A,B conversation style and wait for the other to reply)

i recommended he gave her a days silence, see if she messages, if not then message as if nothing happened. he reckons in an ltr for something like this he should ignore it and continue as normal either with a text or a call later on today.

i think a call is too much investment, but even a suitable text with consideration (hope you feel better) and information (we had a good night) seems too much. he reckons a call can get around the mood easier resetting the conversation with talking.

i understand his take on this but i feel it reduces the pressure from her and her attitude, though i get you need to be more accommodating in an ltr.

any thoughts and advice appreciated!

AntiDox

Last edited:

Wick

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
her: fun flirty conversation - have a good night tonight :)
him: fun flirty conversation - if you're not working you should come :)
her: thanks i'm not feeling well, have a good night
him: thanks hope you're feeling better soon
her: (y)

Is this the actual convo?

There’s nothing moody here.

antidox

Space Monkey
space monkey
@Wick this is the actual conversation but i omitted the fun and flirty parts, mostly cause i can't remember them and they're not that relevant other than being dropped.

when they were dropped the message went from being a few lines of text and being fun to just one line and very blunt.

the whole vibe and feel changed. the single emoji was an instant response (never done this before, in my opinion this was engineered to be seen and designed to annoy him) and completely out of character. i've neglected the "kiss" at the end of every message which was also dropped on her single emoji response. (edited to be included in original post)

he stated on our walk home the only other time she's been very blunt and like this was when she's been in a mood with him and he got the same feel from the message. i'm trusting his gut on this one that something's off.

the very short blunt message and the single emoji also feels very passive aggressive in both our opinions.

AntiDox

Wick

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
It’s risky to read into text messages this deeply.

Sure if there is a pattern of her using emojis or texting in a way that always coincides with her being moody, that might be a clue to her mood.

I still think you guys are reading too much into it.

Also if she is indeed moody, he should figure out what’s going on, because there is likely a deeper issue that she is having issue with in the relationship.

Ignoring her moodiness at this point is not going to change her behavior especially if he hasn’t talked to her about her being moody (and made sure it’s not a coming from a genuine issue, but instead from her just not taking responsibility for her moods) and warned her that he would go quiet on her as a consequence of her not taking responsibility for her shit.

>