Wealth  How's GC doing financially?

housecards

Space Monkey
space monkey
Somehow stumbled upon this article on the net. For anyone who is interested in the digital content business, or the history of GC, it is overall a really nice read, like those on the main site. (It's a little long and a little less entertaining, though.)

However, one point struck me quite a bit is the financial aspect of it:
We sold almost 400 copies of the product in a 4-day launch sale and did almost as much revenue from that 4-day launch as we had from the entire previous year’s sales. Our revenues in 2018 were 3.5x higher than 2017’s revenues (and 2017 was a high watermark for us). We hit about 55% profit that year, too. 2019 saw higher revenues but lower profits.

So... I can't help but ponder:
400 * $67 = $26.8K = 2017 Sales (not trying to troll but... the team was able to survive/thrive with say $25K for all those years?! Kudos)
2018 Sales > 2017 Sales * 3.5 = $93.8K, say $100K
2019 Sales > 2018 Sales, say in the ballpark of $100-150K range

Given that 2020 was quite a year, how has GC been doing financially since the pandemic? Doesn't seem to get mentioned in that Medium article other than a little hint from a paragraph:
Our advertising accounts vanished, our search engine traffic went from a million a month to 500,000 a month to 200,000 a month to 100,000 a month. And sales declined.

The reason that it struck me though is I have always thought that GC is doing more close to what Zoominfo predicts: https://www.zoominfo.com/c/girls-chase-inc/346344075 (Well maybe not $15M, but in the $0.5M-1M range) Guess their model overweights traffic, which is not Chase's priority as you can tell from that Medium article.
(And interesting description, too: "GirlsChase.com is the leader in hot online hookup forum action. There is nothing taboo on this this wild message board. Let our site help you realize your darke...")

Another thing that relates to finance is on the cost side and that has to do with the increasing level of censorship, which I think Chase touched upon in the 2020 Review article. I mean it is really stunning how Big Tech can just boot a business like Parler out of the digital ecosystem in a snap of a finger. I don't and can't believe that they would refuse doing business with an innocent site like this, or maybe I just haven't witnessed enough, but if the cloud providers decide to not provide services to a site they perceive to be too scandalous and too risky (or could be some hardcore SJW/feminist crusader happening to be in that job post), just intellectually speaking how much hit will there be on the cost side for an online business like this? Hopefully our fellow seducers on any forum will never be stupid enough to assemble together and storm a club, though.

I know it might not be the best time to discuss money and finance issue for everyone, but I am just broadly curious about business and genuinely wish GC would be doing well. We all know that this is the stuff we want our sons and grandsons to read about.

A side note: is that Chase banner on a building a real thing?

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@housecards,

We're doing fine :)

One Date/TDA is a recurring subscription product with 11 distinct modules. The total course for anyone who stays subscribed for the whole thing is $940. Of course you need to average out the folks who cancel at various points, those who buy and cancel right away, those who buy but decide they want a refund, and so on. So your average customer value is a lot lower than $940, but it's also a respectable amount higher than $67.

The lockdowns haven't had any impact on us. I expected them to; but they didn't.

Despite the fact that:

• The real economy is suffering
  • Guys are far less socially active on the whole right now

... everything's just chugged along the same as it was before for us.

I have kept expecting that "Well, sooner or later, guys are going to realize these lockdowns are never going to end, and then they are going to stop buying dating products, since so much of dating is now de facto quasi-illegal in so many places"... but either there are enough people living in lockdown-lite regions or guys are simply adjusting to reality and saying, "Welp, it's all locked down, but I've still got to meet what few women I can meet and I don't want to mess it up with them, so I still need this material."

But yeah, we are doing okay. Some of our advertising is performing reasonably well again too, and we've got a few new products set to roll out very soon that are all quite different and I think all rather appealing. Finances-wise, things are looking all right!

Chase

P.S. that image of me on the side of the building was presumably done in Photoshop. I certainly am not going to have someone paint me on a building side, and I can't think of anyone else who'd be motivated enough to do so ;)

PalmaSailor

Space Monkey
space monkey
I’m glad it’s holding up Chase. At the end of the day, men do need to get with women.

housecards

Space Monkey
space monkey
Chase,
Super glad to hear that your shop is doing fine, and thanks for giving out some insights even you are under no obligation to disclose anything.
... either there are enough people living in lockdown-lite regions or guys are simply adjusting to reality ...
That's interesting as I remember the date I posted this thread I can see on Alexa that the site was getting as almost much traffic from Mexico as the US. Now a free version of Alexa (https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/girlschase.com) only shows the top place, which is the US that has close to 40% of traffic. I remember traffic was a lot higher from the US 1 or 2 years back. Maybe guys active on the site have moved to places like Mexico as Tony did, on top of the drops of visits from US/other western countries. Even better, developing world folks begin to discover and pay for this stuff.

Anyhow, good news to hear in this pandemic world. Best wishes for you and your team to ride out of this soon as vaccines roll out.

Last edited:

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Cheers, @housecards.

Alexa statistics are often wrong. We never had close to that much traffic from Mexico, for instance.

We used to have Alexa tracking on the site, but they charge money to track your traffic, and continually raised the price on it, and at some point while I was auditing our books I asked myself, "Why exactly do we need this?" It's really just for publishers that want advertisers advertising on their sites. We've never had that or bothered with that though. So they're probably even less accurate for the site now.

The vagaries of tracking, what can I say!

Chase

>