FR  Instadate Failure

Humpert

Space Monkey
space monkey
Bookstoring, I spot an asian girl in the photography section and go talk to her. I'm nowhere close to direct approaching unfortunately, so I said something easy like "Photography, eh?" She smiled and we talked, and she seemed to latch onto me, not physically, but following me and my words. After a bit I told her to grab a coffee with me at the Starbucks inside. She obliges, and after we get our drinks I say "Let's go sit in the Fantasy section" (There are two lone chairs in this quartered off section, and I thought the Fantasy section has gotta be a good thing) and touch the small of her back to guide her towards it. She walks a little fast on purpose in order to escape my touch, but she`s talking and we`re on our way, so whatever.

We grab a seat and start talking about photography again, and after a short bout of me teasing her about being a photographer like every other asian in the world, we talk about art, and I ask her opinion on art in a deep dive attempt. The conversation is good and has a great flow, but I know I`m not communicating a sexual vibe besides my occasional stroke of her arm or something when the context of our convo permits it. At one point she comments on how soft her hair is, so naturally I think that's my cue to touch it, but she pulls away and says it`s weird. (This is the theme of the date!) I brush it off and we talk a bit more. I tell her to show me her favorite book in the bookstore. She hops up excitedly to show me.

After she shows me her book, we`re talking about a lot of stuff and she`s more or less following me around. We start talking about movies and so I say lets go see what`s playing (the theater is right next door). No resistance whatsoever, and we`re on our way. Perfect I think, I`ll cozy up to her in the theater.

Well, our timing is bad and there are no movies on at that time. So I ask if she`s hungry and we go eat instead. It`s been like two hours now, as we enter the restaurant. She seems so comfortable. During our meal I touch her arm a few times during conversation, and then at one point grasp her hand in mine. Again she says it`s weird. Now I`m kind of fed up and disappointed, but I don`t show it. I tell her she`s weird and keep talking like we were. I try again a few times, telegraphing my movements to make a sort of game out of it. She never goes for it. After we leave, she says `you are the only guy who has ever made me pay for my own food.` LOL! We leave and I walk her to her car.

I was really trying, but this sexy-vibe thing is something I need to hone. I get nervous in these situations and then start talking and joking around, though in a low-energy and easy-going way. I`m naturally a quiet person so I guess I try to compensate by talking lots, although constantly trying to make her do the talking. When I try the sexy thing, I don`t talk as much, which leads to things feeling awkward, which leads to me talking. Anyway, FR for you!

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
Humpert I wouldn't say you failed in fact I think you succeeded! You got some good practice in kino and conversing in general and it looks like you were slowly pushing your limits. I thought it was weird how she would gladly move/invest in you but get all weird when you touch her and then continue to invest in you. I'm no expert but my guess is that you were probably a little nervous in these touch transitions which honestly I still am too (though getting much better!). My worst enemy is looking at my hand when I touch girls making it come off creepy (maybe you were doing this). Girls can smell nervousness (literally, you release cortisol I think when your nervous.. or some chemical) and it makes them get creeped when a nervous guy touches them, thus transferring their emotion of anxiety to the girl through touch. I do the same thing from time to time but the more you start shooting from the hip and just pulling the trigger as fast as you can the quicker you learn. Looks like your on the right track dude.

After we leave, she says `you are the only guy who has ever made me pay for my own food.` LOL!
Laughed at this! I take it you got this from Chase's article on "should you pay for a date". How smooth did it go down when you actually informed her you weren't paying for her shit?

Humpert

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey! Yeah, thanks man I guess I could think of it like that. Success! Somewhat ;)

I thought it was super weird too that she would invest, get uncomfortable at my touch, and the continue to invest even more. I think youre probably right about me being nervous and it coming through. Especially for the first hour I was VERY nervous and uncomfortable. That subsided, and I wonder if I shouldnt save my kindo until it does so. But then again my interactions dont usually last that long. I have to remember the not looking at your hand thing, I'm not sure if I do that or not!

Haha, yeah I got that from Chase but also was doing it some time before... after I realized that buying girls shit wasnt helping my results at all. I actually just asked for the bill, and then said "Seperate." It felt smooth and she didn't say anything until after, lol.

Thanks for the tips, Mr. Rob.

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
Yeah the not looking at your hand thing was hard for me. Chase has a really good article on touching, if you haven't read it yet i'd give a good mull over. It was funny after I read that in the article I thought back to every time I had touched girls recently and noticed that I had looked at my hand every single time and it was awkward every single time. It's fucking hard to remember in the moment I really have to work on it.

That subsided, and I wonder if I shouldnt save my kindo until it does so.
I think it's a waste of learning time if you were to save kino until your nervousness subsides, because who knows if it ever will in any given interaction? What I'm doing and going to start doing more to get over the nervousness factor is go out meet girls and touch them so much until they're either sucking my dick or run off in aghast (obviously I'm not going to keep touching her when she gives signals/verbals to stop, because then your creepy) from that wierdo stranger trying to touch her. I think it should be a good exercise to break past the anxiety barrier until it becomes normal and I become a "touchy person", and also bust my ego up when I get rejected so many times! ;)

>