Interruptive questioning!

Glow

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
When someone speaks - pick any topic they mention... - stop them in their talking saying:

"Wait!!... tell mere more about...xxxx..!

+ Move slightly forward towards them and use a gesture eg a "hold-it!-hand" to emphasise it.

It has a powerful abruptness to it but shows genuine curiosity and interest while leading things topically.

can be used to
- To show strong interest in what theyre talking about.
- To lead topic turning points towards strategic areas (pre-sex talk, emotional subjects, sex talk or whatever).
- For more advanced people it can be used to Hijack convos in groups eg. if you have trouble timing conversational take overs when "talking heads" seem to shoot stuff flawlessly which can be hard sometimes. Or when entering a set you wanna parttake in where (not necessarily hijacking). Or take over (steal a warmed target guy will often react aggressively and disarm him by eg. self disqualification and sexual tension loaded eye contact).

Last edited:

Sully

Space Monkey
space monkey
I wouldn't like it if someone used this move on me.
It comes off as ordering/commanding.

How to respond if someone uses it on you?

"That was the plan until you did this rude interruption"

Glow

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I wouldn't like it if someone used this move on me.
It comes off as ordering/commanding.

How to respond if someone uses it on you?

"That was the plan until you did this rude interruption"
Ive removed the a bit commanding. Its better to think of it as a firmness in asking cause youre curious - so theres a confident lead of wanting to know.

This is field-tested so many times fyi and ive never had the reaction you outline. The interruption underlines your strong interest in this case. Its typically received as a strong interest in what theyre talking about. Needless to say for group dynamics the question needs to be interesting for the group and also be aware of good timing eg its better during low points of the convo or at end points vs in the midst of intrigue-type build-ups etc.

hm.. Maybe this should be in advanced for the group part. ive rewritten OP as such.

Try it out 1on1 first as someone you speak to explains something and sense what happens.

Last edited:

Dash of Englishness

Space Monkey
space monkey
If you think you can pull it off and that there's little chance it will back fire, then maybe. I'd find that one hard to do unless I actually was interested.... but in this case you're probably not, and are just pretending to be so that you can use your 'leading' tactic. I guess it depends on how forceful you are with your hand when doing so. If the girl was about to go off on a different train of thought from from the interesting thing that she mentioned, then yeah; but if she was clearly going to continue on that very track, then what's the point of interrupting? I'm not saying this is a power move but I hate it when people try power moves on me, and therefore would find it hard to do it to someone else. If you did something like this in an uncalibrated manner, it could be the moment someone decides that they hate you and don't tell you so! However someone mightn't properly have time to process what you've just done until later on.

Here's a recent power move I've had someone try on me. I had a manager postpone my break by 30 minutes which I'd no prob with, but somewhere before taking the break he gave me some instructions. It went something like this:

"now I want you to do X, then I want you to do Y, and then I want you to take your break"

The choice of words wasn't very nice at the end there. It leaves you wondering whether it's just natural contempt being leaked, that it might be a deliberate power move, or whether he's just clumsy. In any case there's not a nice feeling to it.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
This is a good tactic. There are studies on women rating as more attractive those men who interrupt them. Here's one:

study said:
They describe how higher-status persons interrupt and speak more baldly to lower-status persons, and lower-status persons speak more indirectly in return.

One unexpected finding is that women feel they click with male partners who interrupt them.

Field-testing-wise, you should make it a point to interrupt women every so often... letting girls talk while you just listen for too long a stretch kills the vibe. The female sense of "a good conversation" is also one of back-and-forth bonding and interrupting. Girls get more engaged in conversations where you interrupt them every so often (assuming you are interrupting them with something good -- it is a sign you are engaged to them, as well as confident).

Men on the other hand really dislike being interrupted... the male instinct is to speak, then wait his turn, then speak when it is his turn, then wait his turn. Can work great for hijacking control of the group like @Glow notes though... guys who get interrupted by other guys often feel annoyed but don't know what to do and don't have a good defense against it. Can backfire if the guy has game, so don't risk it if the guy is cool, but if he's a douche or a weirdo it's usually a safe bet and you can then direct the conversation to more fertile ground.

Chase

Sully

Space Monkey
space monkey
Can work great for hijacking control of the group like @Glow notes though... guys who get interrupted by other guys often feel annoyed but don't know what to do and don't have a good defense against it. Can backfire if the guy has game, so don't risk it if the guy is cool,
Now the question arises as to what to do if some uncalibrated, Domineering guy tries this tactic on you.

Should you just act disgusted and say "Don't interrupt me man, Don't you have any manners?"

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Now the question arises as to what to do if some uncalibrated, Domineering guy tries this tactic on you.

Should you just act disgusted and say "Don't interrupt me man, Don't you have any manners?"
no! i do this basically every day in my biz with clients(i deal with a lot of seniors that like to interrupt and go in tangents)..... "let me finish" firm but no mean , changing the voice tone, BUT, after i am done, i always say go ahead and ask me, or go ahead and make your point now...I also use a bit of humor so i don't come across as dick tator

Glow

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
If you think you can pull it off and that there's little chance it will back fire, then maybe. I'd find that one hard to do unless I actually was interested.... but in this case you're probably not, and are just pretending to be so that you can use your 'leading' tactic. I guess it depends on how forceful you are with your hand when doing so. If the girl was about to go off on a different train of thought from from the interesting thing that she mentioned, then yeah; but if she was clearly going to continue on that very track, then what's the point of interrupting? I'm not saying this is a power move but I hate it when people try power moves on me, and therefore would find it hard to do it to someone else. If you did something like this in an uncalibrated manner, it could be the moment someone decides that they hate you and don't tell you so! However someone mightn't properly have time to process what you've just done until later on.

Here's a recent power move I've had someone try on me. I had a manager postpone my break by 30 minutes which I'd no prob with, but somewhere before taking the break he gave me some instructions. It went something like this:

"now I want you to do X, then I want you to do Y, and then I want you to take your break"

The choice of words wasn't very nice at the end there. It leaves you wondering whether it's just natural contempt being leaked, that it might be a deliberate power move, or whether he's just clumsy. In any case there's not a nice feeling to it.
This is an odd comparison w. the manager that is incomparable with the dynamics of what im suggesting if you look at the details and try it in field. Its a whole other situation and communiciation style that is incomparable.

i think you new guys need to read to understand and ask into it rather than try to object from some limited perspective. You are light years away from our levels at the skilled level and need to ask questions and READ what we write to understand instead of blocking your own mind and learning. while i acknowledge the take a stance - dont object or counter argue at this level cause mostly you will just get silence.

i operate on 10x the level of detail of most of you guys, similar with most skilled guys in here.

Last edited:

Glow

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
A bit of additional details:

The key is to try to initially do it with
1) One person as you sit 1on1 - eg socially, men or women
2) Women in one on ones

Why it works
The interruptive questioning mixes genuine interest with being a force/leading direction with a bit of intensity. its very powerful.

in a 1on1 with a woman - the interrupt is effectful cause:
- It breaks the stream of exchanges - challenges the flow which makes you provide an underlying vibe change that stirs masculine leadership and sizzle, a bit of push in the energy. This stirs things in her like her feistyness and similar sides in a great way. As such it adds a lil spice to the exchange - a potency.
- At the same time it shows genuine interest into something in HER world and something particular she says
notice womens/peoples response when you do it - they will enjoy it and open up to you, its so obvious that they sorta light up.

A bigger picture view
Doing this as part of a flow of exchanges with a woman/person adds to the variety of emotion you create meaning the emotional rollercoaster of your exchange boosts significantly. When speaking with girls this is often more important than what is said. I can eg. ask 5 simple questions/make statements/share things - each with a different vibe to stir emotional energy and make her "awake" or stir up various energies in a fast paced manner via these "shifts" where the interruptive question is just one of several "shifts" i carrie out.

it could be:
1) First a simple question and a fun loving response
2) then one is a bit challenging eg the interruptive question as above
3) then one is eg. commanding
4) fun loving again
5) commanding
6) challenging again

This stacked shifting of underlying vibes was introduced by julien from RSD back in his pimp product. Works like a charm to hit a girl like a bomb and create a strong-fast-hook. Its one of my default entries to stir up the energy and hook girls initially.

Last edited:
>