Met girl at graduation social gathering, didn't close in person (hear me out), she followed me back on instagram, how do i proceed?

Skjöldr

Modern Human
Modern Human
Hey guys

Yes i know. Should have closed it in person. BUT, hear me out...

So quick story is this: She's sort of a childhood acquaintance, because our mothers are friends, and we would get together and have dinner together both our families. Doesn't know her super well, but still quite familiar. Seen her maybe once a year the past couple of years. Went to her graduation party last night. Not a "party" but more of a daytime casual thing. Her family was there and a few friends. Wanted to get her alone to ask her out, but it was hard because there was always her family and other people around. Towards the end she was alone in the house, so while i was bouncing i wanted to go in there and say goodbye and close the deal, but as i walked her brother came up and said "Dude, let's go check out your new car!" Hahaha. Fuck me. So i just went in, hugged goodbye and headed off. Rip.

Since i rarely see her and may never meet her at an event again, my only option is to message her on instagram. So i followed her, she followed me back and now i'm not 100% sure what to do.

I wanna DM her or respond to her story something like "Hey (name), i had a great time last Sunday, hope you enjoyed the party!" Or something. Then wait for her to respond and then message her what her schedule is like next week and set a date. I understand the chances of success are low on this one, but i would rather try anyways. Best that can happen is that i get a sexy fuckbuddy, worst that can happen is that i make things awkward for someone i never spend time with.

Since the chances are low on this one, what i'm asking is if you have any improvements on my strategy or any cool tricks up ya sleeves. I followed her last night and she followed me back earlier today. How long should i wait to text? Haven't accepted her follow request yet, before i'm ready to message.

Toby2030

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I wouldn't fuck a childhood friend of family. Straight way to problems. Don't shit where you eat

Skjöldr

Modern Human
Modern Human
I wouldn't fuck a childhood friend of family. Straight way to problems. Don't shit where you eat
I hear you, but i don't think i'll see her again. Sure, her mom will continue to see my mom, but there are no more graduation parties, weddings, birthdays etc. And what's the big deal? I'm a guy, she's a gal. I'm attracted to her so i asked her out. No big deal.

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hey you met her in person. That is your connection. DM her asking for her phone #. If you have some cool activity apparent on IG ask her to join you doing it.

If she's not interested in you she won't give it to you and you can eliminate her from your prospects

Skjöldr

Modern Human
Modern Human
Hey you met her in person. That is your connection. DM her asking for her phone #. If you have some cool activity apparent on IG ask her to join you doing it.

If she's not interested in you she won't give it to you and you can eliminate her from your prospects
Yeah i messaged her, chit chatted a bit, asked her out and she said "im busy but maybe we will meet at some "family chilling" soon" or something. Just said to her hmu if you change your mind and have fun.

>