Miami Area

hater58

Space Monkey
space monkey
I will be moving down to the Miami area for a few months and I was wondering if any of you live in the area and if so, where you would recommend that I live. I am talking mainly Miami, Ft Lauderdale, and Hollywood areas. I would like something close to nightlife and the beach of possible, but budget is a concern regarding places like south beach, since I will be starting out in an airbnb which can get very expensive in certain places. Do you guys have any thoughts about what area is best?

Train

Chieftan
tribal-elder
Hi hater, this site is good to know what neighborhoods are up and coming and which aren't: https://www.city-data.com/forum/miami/

This site can be used for Fort Lauderdale or Hollywood.

For Miami, I've heard good things about Brickell. South Beach is good to visit but felt trashy last few times I went. Try Mid-Beach which may be nicer. Wynwood seems to be a popular place to visit but near some shady areas.

I'd recommend researching a few places and taking the time to visit/explore each to see which you like.

I've found myself hating/loving places but end up feeling the opposite when I visit in person and stay a while to get the feel. Neighborhoods have a way of evolving so what was a nice place can turn to shit.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I ended up getting a room near the little havanna area

@Train, are you in the area?

perfect! is a bit of a ghetto but you are close to downtown (bayside), coral gables, brickel and south beach... But to pull you may have issues, don't tell women you live there, say "close to coral gables"

hater58

Space Monkey
space monkey
perfect! is a bit of a ghetto but you are close to downtown (bayside), coral gables, brickel and south beach... But to pull you may have issues, don't tell women you live there, say "close to coral gables"
I was kinda concerned about that because of all the allaborate grafitti lol. It is just an airbnb so I will only be there for a month though

325 NW 7th Ave, Miami, FL 33128, USA

this is the exact location

hater58

Space Monkey
space monkey
Is it the kind of place where it is unsafe to be out at night?

Zagreus

Space Monkey
space monkey
I live like 8 minutes from you. That area is more ghetto but your safety shouldn't be a concern. It's just poorer people

>