FR  More Openness and Sincerity

AsianPersuasion

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Girl#1: Right when I woke up, I went to the gym to work on chest, not planning on picking anybody up. I was in my normal people clothes, and my hair was pretty out of whack. I saw a girl working on abs though, so I decided to drop in to make her day a bit better despite my lack of preparation.
Me: "I saw you there and I just had to come tell you that you look absolutely stunning. Hi, I'm AP! What's your name?"
Her: "Oh my god, thank you! I'm (name)"
Me: "I know it must take a lot of effort to look as good as you. What's your secret?"
Her: "*giggles* Um.. I don't know.. I'm here at the gym I guess. I just woke up!"
Me: "Haha, so did I! I normally put a lot more effort into the way I look, but my hair looks like I've just had a one night stand.
Her: "Haha"
Me: "Are you single at all?" (I was trying not to say that, but I was running out of things to say, and I was interrupting her workout.)
Her: "I am not, sorry."
So I wished her a good day and she thanked me for the compliment.

---

Later, my mom took me to Savers to look for clothes, but secretly, I looked for girls and clothing at the same time. Nothing caught my eye in the store, so I took the car to a nearby strip mall where I began my learning session. Before then, I stopped by Taco Bell to get some water, and found a woman there who looked my age.

Woman #1: Me: "Okay, I thought you were too cute not to come say hi to. I'm AP!"
Her: "Oh! Um, thank you!"
Me: "You don't sound like you're from around here. Where are you from?"
Her: "Uh, Wisconsin?" (Very close)
Me: "Okay, cool. Are you single at all?" (Slipped out again.)
Her: "No, I'm married. Sorry. *flashed the wedding ring*"
Once again, I wished her a nice day and headed out

Success #1: I got to the strip mall like I wanted and immediately went into Express. The employee there asked if I was looking for anything in particular, so I told her I was looking for a red button down. This saved me an opener, since she opened me, so I just showed her some genuine interest and began the interaction.
Me: "Can I tell you something?"
Her: "Sure! What is it?"
Me: "I think you look absolutely amazing! I'm AP, what's your name?"
Her: "*laughs* Oh my god, thank you! I'm *name*"
Me: "Do you want to just keep finding red button downs for me so we have an excuse to keep talking?"
Her: "*laughs* Sure!"
Me: "Are you singe?" (Once again, I let it slip out.)
Her: "Yes!"
Me: "Awesome!"
Her: "*giggles*"
Me: "How old are you?"
Her: "I'm 21. How old are you?"
Me: "I'm 18.. Barely legal :)"
Her: "*laughs*
Me: "So you're still in school?"
Her: "Yeah."
Me: "What are you planning on doing then, after you graduate?"
Her: "Um... I don't know yet. I'm still trying to decide!"
Me: "Haha, well, your young, you're attractive.. You've got plenty of time to decide!"
Her: "*more laughter* Stop it! You're going to make me blush! Hold on, can I go over there for one second? I'll get back to you in a bit."
I continued checking out the button downs, but she didn't come back for a while, so I took the two that I liked and went to the fitting rooms. She was there, and her co-worker said, "Oh, there he is!" and gave her a smile. I should have asked if they were talking about me or something, and then said "why not?" when they said no, but whatever.
I tried the stuff on, and asked her to stay to tell me how I looked, which she did.
When I was done, I approached her again.
Me: "Okay, so I don't have anywhere near the amount of money to pay for all of this."
Her: "That's okay! Do you want me to put it on hold for you?"
Me: "Nah, I'm good.. Hey, you told me you were single. I was wondering if you'd be interested in meeting up sometime and getting coffee sometime! You seem like you're a really cool person and you've got a stunning smile."
Her: "*More laughter* Um.. I don't know.. I'm not really looking for that kind of thing right now..."
Me: "Life's too short to not take a few chances every now and again... Do you want to just give me your number? I'll text you mine and you can think about it! I wouldn't want to put you on the spot."
Her: "Haha, I might get in trouble.."
Me: "Haha, I figured.. I've got my phone on me, so you can just whisper it to me and it'll be our little secret! Otherwise, I could probably facebook you and ask for it then. What's your name?"
Her: "Um, how bout you just give me your number, and I'll find you then!"
So I gave her mine on the back of an envelope, said goodbye, and strut out.

Girl #2: After I passed Express, I went into another store where I encountered another employee that declined a date with me. I told her I was looking for jackets so I could come up with outfit ideas. When I finished looking, I headed out and went to the next store.
Her: "Hi! How are you? Were you looking for something specific?"
Me: "Actually yes. Do you guys have any Jean jackets? I'm just looking for ideas."
Her: "Um... I don't.. think so."
Me: "Okay, well, do you have any red button down shirts?"
Her: "Um.. I think so. *proceeds to show me*
Me: "Awesome. Can I tell you something?"
Her: "What?"
Me: "I think you look absolutely gorgeous! I'm AP, what's your name?"
Her: "Oh hi, I'm *name*"
She let me know after a few questions that she was gay, so I began talking to her about how I was being matchmaker for two girls. I tried to keep the conversation going as best as I could, but she left, and it was clear she was uncomfortable with my approach. Oh well.

Girl #3: This was an employee at DSW. I asked her to show me a certain brand of shoes before opening her, which I thought was pretty weak of me, but it didn't matter, because she let me know she had a boyfriend after I asked her how old she was.
Her: "I have a boyfriend. Sorry."
Me: "Oh you poor thing! How long did you have that problem?"
Her: "*laughs* It's not a problem! *Walks away*"

Success #2: As I was heading out, I made one last stop to American Eagle, and a drop dead gorgeous employee opened me to ask me if I was looking for anything. For the life of me, I couldn't get the words out of my mouth. I said I was looking for a red button down, but I could not get it out that I didn't care whether it was formal or casual... Perfect. I used that lapse in thought to compliment the girl.
Me: "Can I tell you something?"
Her: "Sure! What is it?"
Me: "I think you look absolutely amazing! What's your name?"
Her: "*Laughs* Thank you! I'm (name)!"
Me: "Do you want to help me look for button downs and talk at the same time? You look so amazing that I literally couldn't get the words out of my mouth back there. I'm hardly ever speechless."
Her: "*More giggling and laughing* Sure!"
Me: "Awesome. How old are you?"
Her: "18... I have a boyfriend though."
Me: "Oh? Well, I have a golden retriever!"
Her: "Hahahaha!"
Me: "I'm barely legal too. What school will you be going to next year?"
Her: "I will be going to century to work on my undergrad for nursing."
Me: "Oh? You're into the medical field too?"

Her and I got into a conversation about how I wanted to be a doctor, even though it was kind of stereotypical. I mentioned that every Asian I met told me that they wanted to be a doctor, but told her I wasn't trying to be self racist or anything. I told her about my plans to change the medical system around and explained how much I hated that drugs were suppressing symptoms instead of curing diseases.

Her: "Hey, what size are you?"
Me: "I'm a small."
Her: "Okay, let me go check in the back for one of those!"

When she came back, I asked her to stay and let me know how it looked on me. She left again while I was stripping off my original shirt to put the other one on, but came back after I had put the other one on.

Her: "I like that shirt better than the one you're wearing. I mean, that one's good too, but this one's more red."
Me: "Yeah, I get you. It's brighter and catches your eye better right?
I started talking to her about how I was really picky with colors, and that even though I wanted to be doctor, I was really an art person.
Me: "I really admire good artwork even though I no longer make any myself. Sometimes I go to Teavana in Maplewood just to admire the pottery."
Her: "Really? I've never been there and I've never heard of that."
Me: "Really.. Do you want to come with me sometime to Teavana? I'm curious about you!"
Her: "Haha, you're curious?"
Me: "Yeah! You seem like such a cool person.. and it's not every day I meet a girl that's so pretty she can make me shut up with a glance of her eyes. You know, it makes me feel as though you're peering into my soul."
Her: "*laughs* You're such a sweet talker! Um.. I'm not sure.. I don't think my boyfriend would be very happy about that."
Me: "So it'll be our little secret! *wink*"
Her: "Haha, I don't know.. My boyfriend's in the army, and I'm not really looking for other men.."
Me: "Alright, well do you want to exchange phone numbers first? You can have some time to think it over if you want.. I don't want to pressure you too much yet."
Her: "Haha, 'yet!' Oh boy..."
Me: "It'd make me a guy that doesn't even try, and you're far too cute for that."
Her: "Hold on. Let me write my number down."
Her: "Did you see me in the window and come in just to talk to me?"
Me: "No, the first time I saw you was when you asked me what I was looking for.. That's when you gave me those eyes and left me speechless."
Her: "Oh my god.. *laughs* Here! *gives me a receipt with her number* I didn't write my name down."
Me: "Haha, but I'm so bad with names!"
Her: "Exactly! You'll pull that out of your pocket when you get home and go 'Oh, who's number was this again?'"
Me: "Oh? Why are you so sure that will happen?"
Her: "Because you're a guy." (Wish I would have implied I would renew her faith in guys or something like that, but oh well.)
Me: "I could never forget you.. Not with those eyes that shut me up in an instant.. So remembering your name.. That's my first test, right? And then you'll go with me to Teavana!"
Her: "Haha, I'll THINK about it."
Me: "Okay, well I hope to see you soon. I've got to head out. Bye (name)! Oh, and one more thing.. When we meet up, if we decide to go to caribou instead, what's your favorite caribou drink? ...You look like a Caramel Cooler kind of person to me, but I could be wrong."
Her: "*Laughs and blushes like crazy as she covers her mouth* Oh my god, you are such a creeper! That's like my favorite drink!"
Me: "See? We're off to a good start! Take it easy!"

Girl #4: This one was in a shop called Gordmans. Not terribly attractive, but I tried opening to her anyway. She looked at me, then just kept walking.. Oh well.

Success #3: This one worked at JC Penny's. She smiled at me when I walked in and had big green eyes that were almost as powerful as the other girl. I walked around a bit to find potential girls to direct approach, because I was sick of having all my successes be employees.. I found none though, so I went back and opened her while she was working.
Me: "Hey, I saw you and had to come tell you that I thought you looked amazing. I'm AP!"
Her: "Oh! *laughs* Thank you! I'm (name)"
Me: "Can I talk to you while you work? Surely I can be more entertaining than entering information."
Her: "Haha, sure!"
Me: "Awesome. How old are you?"
Her: "21."
Me: "That means you're still in school, right?"
Her: "Yeah"
Me: "What are you majoring in?"
Her: "Social work."
Me: "Huh... I have no idea what social workers do! Will you-"
She had to help a customer out, so the interaction got cut in the middle, but that gave me time to think of a response and reground my energy.
Me: "Will you have an office where people come in and let you help them out with their emotions?"
Her: "Kinda!"
Me: "So you're a people person then?"
Her: "Sorta.."
Me: "I'm a people person. I love to talk to people and find their true personalities.. Especially when they attract my attention like you! You've got the most gorgeous set of eyes I've seen in a good while!" *she laughs* "I almost feel like you're peering into the depths of my soul with those. I was wondering... would you be interested in meeting up sometime to grab coffee? You seem like such a cool person!"
Her: "Sure! Sounds good to me! *gives me number*"
Me: "Awesome. What was your name again?"
Her: "(Name)"
Me: "Like (internet celebrity with the same first name)?"
Her: "Haha, yeah!"
And so ended my pickup session for that day.

Things I did well:
1) I'm getting much better at making conversation and building rapport.
2) I'm completely disregarding the girl's relationship status
3) I know how to turn my nervousness into a compliment for the girl
4) I'm starting to really enjoy making beautiful girls smile with my compliments.
5) I'm becoming far more sincere and personal with the girls.

Things I can improve on:
1) Conversation still needs work
2) I need to learn not to cave under pressure
3) I need to get out of the habit of asking relationship status.. Because it really doesn't matter.
4) I need to get some success from a girl that ISN'T employed in the store I'm in.
5) No date with any of the girls I've gotten numbers from so far.

>