My first "almost there"

nihonshuttler

Space Monkey
space monkey
Recently I went to a meetup event, and first thing getting in I saw a bunch of girls at a table. I saw a pretty girl and made by way into the group "Excuse me, would you mind if I join you?". We exchanged introductions and I got to know her name is Mai (changed ofc). The table was very crowded so I asked her whether she was alone (which she was) and asked her to move to a different table which she happily agreed to. From there we hit it off to a good conversation, I deep dived, touch her at the high points and moved her (to the bar to get another drink). Thins were going well ; just that in between a guy and a girl joined our conversation in between. They were irritating but still I interacted with them especially the girl to build social proof. Soon enough I whispered to Mai that its almost the end time for the meetup and how about we head out for a walk. She happily agreed. Now the escalation starts here. We headed out towards the station and after naturally our arms a few times I put my hands on her back and her waist. I asked her about her plans after this and she said that she has to get up early tomorrow as she was going to a beach for her friend's birthday. I suggested that we can head to her place for chilling a watching something. She refused. I ignored it and instead suggested that I will give her company in her train until Shibuya (yes I am in tokyo) and will take my train from there. We got into the train and I was flirting with her, my hands on her lap and just talking. I again suggested that we should go to her place and watch one episode of TBBT and then I will head home. She refused again. But after we got down she called her friends. After a while of talking she said her friends are waiting for her (she lived in a sharehouse) so it would not be possible to go to her home. I ignored that and continued flirting touching her and suggested her that I would drop her off to her station and then I could head back. I said I like traveling in train and I even keep a book to read (which I do). As I was getting onboard she said no a couple of times and even put her hand on my chest saying no. At this point, I gave up and thought I would not go. She genuinely does not want it tonight.
I came home disappointed only to find out the next day that I was blocked.

Can people please share your feedback on this? What could I have done better? This was my first case of "almost there". It was fun while it lasted though.

nihonshuttler

Space Monkey
space monkey
@Chase I posted this in Journals Board by mistake. Please delete this post. I will move it to the Beginner forum.

>