Long-Term  Need a game plan to win her back.

stubot

Rookie
Rookie
OK so I messed up.

Background:

I was going out with the girl of my dreams and all was amazing. We had talked marriage through and also selling our two houses and buying a large family house together. I am 36 she is 37. She has an 11 year old son who is awesome and we all get on great.

She is divorced (due to domestic violence) and has also being engaged recently to a millionaire. She is a school teacher and works very hard and loves to keep her house immaculate. She is can be a very kind and loving person and she does think very highly of herself.

She also needs self gratification and attention i.e. the need to feel wanted and loved...who doesn't right?!

OK so background over now lets get to the point.

We started going out in November last year and it was like we had both just met our sole mate; every part of our relationship was amazing. I pretty much spent most of time at her house as she has a son and he needs to go to school nearby. As she was super busy I supported her as much as I could by doing plenty of cooking, all the man jobs (fixing cars, bikes, diy etc) and even the odd bit of cleaning. She thought the sun shone out of my arse and I was the best boyfriend in the world...she even bought me a mug with just that on it.

However, in January I got a text from a girl I had slept with 13 years ago who said she couldn't have kids....guess what she lied. The next day I got a call from the Child Support Agency demanding money and all that shite. It destroyed me! I had gone from having the life I had dreamt of to my worst nightmare...I quickly went into a very depressed state and then ended up with adrenal fatigue (which is a very bad run down state where you are totally F***ked).

She wasn't over moon but was extremely understanding never the less and we carried on as planned. My health declined and I loss all libido and we couldn't really have sex for a couple of months. I was just about getting fixed up and we were having sex again when I got given some medication to help speed my metabolism up and I reacted badly it took down my central nervous system and gave me an irregular heart beat etc...plus more depression.

She was still extremely understanding and we started to by a house together. The stress of this on top of everything else that had happened this year was too much and I started to loose focus. I became negative about our relationship and started to pick up on her faults and criticise her. Yes I was a twat!

Don't get me wrong even in my state we still had some good times, we went away mountain biking together and I still did all that I could to be there and help her. But my depressive state ended up transferring to her.

See called it a day 2 weeks before we were due to move into our house together. About three weeks after that I had recovered after plenty of rest and I was super keen to get back to where we were. During this period she went downhill and I was too caught up in sorting my own health out I didn't address her needs (well she had dumped me) She said that was a surprise for her and she didn't know that getting back together after a rest was ever an option. We were still texting a few times a day at that point. We would meet up and although she wouldn't commit but she was still very affectionate. Hugs, little kisses and holding hands.

There has been a lot of heart ache since then we have stayed friends and met up a fair bit. I have done a lot for her and her son showing how much I care for them both, fixing her car, computer, house, cooking dinner etc. She hasn't done much fro me but then never did due to being so busy at work. She has struggled with what to do massively. She says she can't commit due to the barrier that is between us from me hurting her - basically she is scared it is going to happen again in the future. She still loves me loads though.

Even before we had split up she went on a date with a guy (she doesn't know I know) and she is protective over her phone when we meet. He is obviously a rebound if anything is even going on. She is using him to make her feel needed and wanted again he is slowly taking over my man role in her life, in that he is the one she now consults on man related stuff (yes I have access to her emails).

I went round hers on Thursday as she was late back from work. I cooked her dinner and did some baking with her son, we had a lovely evening together and she was even a bit affectionate later on (maybe due to the wine I plied her with) and we said that we loved each other, hugs and friend kisses.

On Saturday I asked her how she was and she was in a bad place contemplating how shit her life was and didn't know where she was going. I went over to hers and although she wasn't that accommodating she asked me to stay and help her with the xmas tree. Since then there has been no contact either way (3 days) I thought she should have some space. I am selling some of her stuff for her on ebay so she will have to contact me at some point soon.

So my question is what to do next? I want her back as she is the love of my life. She obviously has strong feelings for me even if they are corrupted by what happened. She still trusts me just, although not with her emotions and she knows I am a good guy. I still have a house key etc..

How do I regain her trust and get her back?

What should I do about the other guy? He lives an hour away and she only has three nights a week without her son so even if they are seeing each other it won't be that full on. Should I bring him up? She knows I saw a text arrive from him the other day so I know his name. Plus I am a research so I probably actually know more about him than she does. (Yes I am a stalker)

She is indecisive at the moment and even though she is not committing her language always leaves it open by using word like:

'I think' or 'I am not sure I can over this barrier I may do with time, but you shouldn't wait for me'

To me these statements all appear to be tests of my commitment to her. She still lets me do lots for her and she doesn't want to fully break ties i.e. 'Get lost' or 'I don't ever want to see you again!'

Any help on how to play / deal with this one would be appreciated...its a difficult one for me to workout as I am deep in it! I don't want to be a door mat at teh same time I don't want to be a cunt...but you guys know best so please advise!

I also am talking secretly with her son and have some thoughtful xmas presents lined up from him to her...she will know they are from me.

She is not on facebook and we don't share friends and we wouldn't be frequenting the same places as we live 20 miles apart.

Whizzy

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Acting desperate (bringing up the subject of the other guy) will generally push her away. Sounds like she was really into you, so you just have to help her bring up those memories...oh and finding other girls wouldn't hurt either to get your mind off of her

stubot

Rookie
Rookie
Hello Whizzy,

Thank you for taking the time to reply - its appreciated!

Yes that's what I thought so I haven't gone there. She was and still is really into me...its just her her having the confidence to trust me with her emotions again.

She texted me last night apologising for radio silence over the last few days as she was run down and just needed some time out. She was asking how I was. I waited an hour and texted her back. She replied again and I left it at that. I may give her a pleasant friends call a bit later on and start the memory recall :) put some good emotions in her head.

There's always other girls; there everywhere that's not a problem for me....its keeping hold of the ones I like that I have the problem with and I like this one a LOT. I was willing to give up the chase and settle for this one that's how much she means to me!

Whizzy

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
You could try taking her on a date/outing similar to the first one you guys shared together and see if that jogs her memory. Another idea is to try something completely new to show you've changed

stubot

Rookie
Rookie
Gone a bit past that now my friend.

Just looked at her emails. Last night she was messaging this new bloke (AFC) talking about meeting her son and parents. Also joking about different types of nappies for babies.

Interestingly she had deleted this from her inbox and it was still in her sent mail...this shows she is feeling guilty about this and quite probably that she knows that I could well see it....even so she is free to change her password but hasn't.

Women are like monkey's they only let go of one branch when they have hold of another.

She moves extremely fast and commits heavily it seems...which illustrates to me that she is needy and needs love, affection and more to the point lots of attention.

I phoned her tonight and she didn't answer then she texted back asking if I was ok. I haven't replied.

I love this girl I guess now I have to decide if I want to play her stupid game or not. I am pretty sure he won't live up to her high expectations and it will be short lived.

Shame I spoke to her son earlier as I am helping him sort her and his fathers xmas pressies out, hes lovely and we get on great...he is obvious. It must be hard for him and I don't know what he makes of these situations.

There some ties I could do with cutting...her entire school work...some 29K files are on my dropbox account lol she so doesn't want to piss me off...they aren't backed up anywhere else lmao.

I want to go out with respect and not look like a twat. I could pull her up on the emails but then she knows I have being spying. I could just say I don't think we should be friends any more and you need to back up your work pronto.

What you reckon? I know in these situations saving face and going out with respect makes you look like the bigger person rather than being a purfetic weak human being by loosing the plot.

Whizzy

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Just cutting her out of your life altogether while not hurting her (deleting all of that schoolwork) is probably the way to go...it sucks but on the bright side the world is your playground again ;)

stubot

Rookie
Rookie
More rebound than a trampoline this one!lol

Yeah I am not going to fuck her over. She is trying not to hurt me while trying to address her own needs.

Friends never really works in my book, there is always too much emotion attached, plus most people feel that the time is better spent with their own loved one.

Thanks for the advice buddy. I will continue my search in life for the pursuit of happiness :)

I appreciate you taking the time to converse with me.

Whizzy

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Glad it help :) Maintaining contact makes it harder to move on for either party often and nobody likes waiting around

stubot

Rookie
Rookie
Agreed. I never bother I don't see the point. The past is the past and you need to focus your energy on the future.

>