POLICY UPDATE: No screen dumps, women's pictures, personal details, or "PM me for pics"

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Howdy folks,

We've had to warn several forum members recently over a handful of incidents:

• One member revealed personally identifying information he happened to have about another member that that member had not shared publicly
  • Another member posted screenshots of women he'd had dates with and/or bedded
  • Several other incidents included posting screen dumps of message conversations with women, some with the women's names and/or pictures visible
  • In another incident, a member did not post pics, but invited other members to "DM him for pics"

Lots of guys rely on dating apps to meet a lot of the women they bed these days, which can make it tempting to just take a screenshot of the girl's pictures and your message history with her.

We get it, it's cool to show off the pretty girl you shagged, and it's easier to share a screen dump than to retype all the messages out (plus it adds a little extra authenticity!).

But seduction is under fire, many of the old big sites have closed down, most of the forums are gone, and the media outrage machine is in complete utter hysterics now, getting worse by the year, employing an army of professionally outraged Twitter pundits to comb through the web with a fine-toothed comb to search for anything remotely triggering and post it everywhere in outrage. And for these people, visuals trump all else (they can't be troubled to read your 2,000-word lay report, but they will happily rage over that blacked-out image of a girl you posted). In addition, it's easier to find stuff online than ever, and it isn't cool to the girl that her pic is posted up for other guys to know someone shagged her over.

Remember, this is not a private forum: it is not just the other logged-in members you are sharing this stuff with. At any given time anonymous, logged-out users and lurkers outnumber logged on members 6:1 here. There are tons of people you don't know who they are reading stuff on here and looking at these girls' pictures or browsing the other personal data you post if you post it.

And, on the revealing personally identifying information issue, whether about girls or other people from your life or folks you met off this forum... there's a fine line between "I live in Smallville and met this college girl who's a waitress with blonde hair and we shagged on the first date" (that's fine) and "I live in Smallville and met this girl Bethany who works at the Hooters there on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays with short blonde hair going to school for a communications degree and we shagged the first date" (too much). You can share details, but stay away from anything that is too precise.

Lastly: respect your fellow forum members. If you know a guy lives in such-and-such neighborhood, or attends such-and-such school, or is on such-and-such medication, or has a job with such-and-such company, but that isn't something he's sharing publicly on the forum, don't go talking about it publicly or with anyone else you met off the forum yourself. Depending on how egregious your violation is, this can be a ban-on-first-offense type violation.

We've just updated the board rules on each of the boards across the forum to reflect this addition to the policy.

We weren't as clear on it before, because guys largely weren't posting a ton of pictures before and they weren't revealing things about each other.

However, we're seeing a bunch of this now, so we're getting stricter on it.

Reminder:

• Do not post girls' pics (even if you black out their eyes or blur out their faces)
  • Do not tell other forum members to "DM/PM me for pics"
  • Do not post screen dumps (you can write message conversations out, minus anything personally identifying. But no screen dump images)
  • Do not post anyone's private information he hasn't previously shared openly and FREQUENTLY with the forum (Joe Blow posting one time that he works as a systems administrator does not mean you should go around in every post you make talking about how Joe Blow is a systems administrator)

Violate these rules, and we may warn you, suspend you, or ban you.

And if you violate them more than once or twice, we will no longer warn or suspend you... just ban you.

I know it sucks to have restrictive rules. And that if you were chatting with your buddies you would share pics and talk details and it'd be okay.

Just keep in mind: your conversations here are not buddy-to-buddy... they are buddy-to-Internet. You're having a one-to-many conversation here -- please respect the privacy implications of that.

Chase

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Lots of people do not understand the value of discretion until they or someone else gets burned. I have stayed silent, but have been otherwise dumbfounded at how easily people share pics or information. But aside from the media-outrage-machine, I am happy that the Girlschase administration keeps an watchful eye because this can become a sensitive subject very easily.

I can imagine you guys being forced to keep reminding this warning though.

Also very important consideration, but one easily overlooked:

"Do not post anyone's private information he hasn't previously shared openly and FREQUENTLY with the forum (Joe Blow posting one time that he works as a systems administrator does not mean you should go around in every post you make talking about how Joe Blow is a systems administrator) "

JacobPalmer

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Ahh shit... I have been doing the screen dump lately on my LRs and posting the girls pics, BUT I always blocked out the name/eyes etc and other vital information on both the pictures and the text exchange. I will stop this now that I've read the policy update.

My only counter argument to this would be that having a picture of the girl adds credibility, like, say you're posting a text exchange which has some really weird stuff in it, and you're like "this stuff works!" But the girl is like a 2....well, it probably could have been anything and the girl still would have been game to sleep with you. Whereas there's more credibility if the girl is an 8 and the texting works.

Would we ever have a private forum?

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
DarkKnight - understands it

JacobPalmer - doesn't understand it

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Please elaborate Space, as I just said I would stop doing it.
Fair enough, I just sensed from the posts of the two of you that DarkKingt understood the deeper implications of posting on a public forum (especially about such a sensitive topic as ours) better. :)

JacobPalmer

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Fair enough, I just sensed from the posts of the two of you that DarkKingt understood the deeper implications of posting on a public forum (especially about such a sensitive topic as ours) better. :)

Ahh ok, I hear you. :) Nah I do understand the implications, was just playing devils advocate a bit. Hence the question about making the forum private.

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Ahh ok, I hear you. :) Nah I do understand the implications, was just playing devils advocate a bit. Hence the question about making the forum private.
Maybe you still not fully grasp it? :)

You might be interested in checking out this topic I started back then before you joined. You make the forum private, OK. Then what prevents adversaries from gaining the trust of moderators and getting access to the private forum? Nothing.

Last edited:

JacobPalmer

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Maybe you still not fully grasp it? :)

You might be interested in checking out this topic I started back then before you joined. You make the forum private, OK. Then what prevents our adversaries from gaining the trust of moderators and get access to the private forum? Nothing.

Fair enough. I gave it a skim and now understand more of the implications of privatizing it.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@JacobPalmer,

There is a private Girls Chase Alumni Forum for product buyers and former training students.

If you've ever bought something with us, you either have access to that, or could (if you bought it before we set it up, or bought something that doesn't go through that system) -- PM a mod and we can check our records and get you on there if so.

However -- it's a lot fewer people, and is fairly quiet. Even though there are thousands of members there (most guys who buy stuff do not get active on forums).

Which is generally going to be the tradeoff between public and private... private: more room to say what you want, unrestricted by "what will the public think" concerns, but harder to recruit and a far smaller pool of people. Public: need to step more carefully, but it's a lot easier to get people joining the conversation.

Chase

JacobPalmer

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
@JacobPalmer,

There is a private Girls Chase Alumni Forum for product buyers and former training students.

If you've ever bought something with us, you either have access to that, or could (if you bought it before we set it up, or bought something that doesn't go through that system) -- PM a mod and we can check our records and get you on there if so.

However -- it's a lot fewer people, and is fairly quiet. Even though there are thousands of members there (most guys who buy stuff do not get active on forums).

Which is generally going to be the tradeoff between public and private... private: more room to say what you want, unrestricted by "what will the public think" concerns, but harder to recruit and a far smaller pool of people. Public: need to step more carefully, but it's a lot easier to get people joining the conversation.

Chase

Damn, I haven't bought anything. I've only joined the forum this year in June. I totally understand the concern with everything going on in the media right now regarding pickup, so not posting pictures/screenshots of convos and girls makes sense (even if the private info is concealed). I'd rather stay in the larger pool, as I like helping where I can. One thing I will add, and maybe there's some way to work around this, is that before joining the forum (and pickup in general) one thing that really motivated me to buy products and be apart of forums/groups (I am apart of one other) is seeing screenshots of girls (if possible) in the LRs that I've viewed. If she was attractive, all I could think of was "damn, I need this, or what can I learn from this." Hence why I've been posting images in my LRs, for the same reason. It's motivational for everyone. That's my personal opinion anyway. :)

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Yeah, I do understand.

It's obviously a credibility booster if there are pics of the girl. "Pics or it didn't happen."

And it feels good to share pictures of your own conquests and show off a bit about how hot the girls you get are.

I'll say this. I went through a period where I was posting pictures on Facebook (back when I was still on there in the late 2000-naughts) of various girls I was meeting and sleeping with. I wouldn't say "I slept with this girl" but you could see various women were very close to me, hanging off me, etc. And women would be competing for me on my Facebook page, calling me sexy, telling me they loved me, etc. I thought it was super cool, how big of a stud I was.

And then a couple of girls got hurt from it, women started getting jealous, coworkers I had on Facebook didn't universally all think it was really cool me partying and having all these girls around. Eventually I realized discretion was not just something you told to a girl to get her into bed, but something you actually held to, both for the girl's sake (to not humiliate her) and for your own (to not catch a lot of heat).

I know this isn't Facebook, but it's not that hard for someone to find something here and, especially if it has visuals in it people can latch onto, post it TO Facebook (or another social channel) and the effect is the same.

e.g., imagine if some girl is engaged to get married, and then one day one of her fiancé's buddies walks up to him with his phone out and says "Hey Hank, it's kind of old, and the eyes are scratched out, but doesn't this picture look exactly like Lizzie? And it's in this forum post of this guy talking about how he met her off a dating app and she came over and blew him and then he put it in her butt." And now Hank is going to seriously question if he wants to marry Lizzie, because even if he knew she was on dating apps in the past, it was never real to him before, but now he can't get Jake Palmer's LR out of his head.

So, I don't know what the happy solution is, really.

I think if a seduction product is underground enough, it can get away with the guy posting pictures of his conquests, and him selling 15 copies a month of it or whatever he sells. A guy emailed me a sales page he had like that a year or so ago and I thought "Wow, haven't seen a sales page like that in ages."

But if it starts to get some traffic, you really can't have that.

Same for discussions. If a couple of guys want to talk in private, between the two or three of them, well, everybody shares pictures.

Girls share pictures too ("Look at this dick pic this guy Karl I met on Tinder sent me. Hahaha his dick is so twisted!").

But it's not a thing for public forums.

The more public you are, the more you need to think of yourself as an increasingly public figure.

Just like Brad Pitt doesn't go on talk shows and say "Here are pics of the 27 random chicks I shagged in my first half year after separating from Angelina. See, I'm an older gent, but I'm doing pretty all right, right? Well, maybe not that one, she's kinda huge, but all these other girls are great."

You need to have a certain level of discretion in public.

Chase

Protean

Space Monkey
space monkey
@Chase
Glad you making a rule against this before anything leaked into the mainstream. Personally I’m always amazed at how open some people can be online. People don’t realize that you’re musings on here or any other public forum are just that, public. They stay up for years, even decades after they are initially posted. Suddenly small bites of private info that you’ve sprinkled in posts over the years can be followed, pieced together, and ultimately used against you. All for what? Validation from effective strangers? As for the credibility aspect pics and text dumps can be easily faked so they aren’t the perfect litmus test they may seem to be. Also they can backfire if the woman in question is hot to you but isn’t really my type lol

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
As for the credibility aspect pics and text dumps can be easily faked so they aren’t the perfect litmus test they may seem to be. Also they can backfire if the woman in question is hot to you but isn’t really my type lol

Yes, very true, @Protean. On both counts.

And, the hot-for-you question is especially a big one to me.

It's very common for guys to say "Man, look how hot this babe I scored was! If you want babes like this, follow my method!" and for other guys to look at his conquests and go "Ew, I don't want chicks who look like that. No way I'm going to do what this guy does."

And it is pretty hard to separate a guy's methods from the look of the girls he goes for. Even if the methods themselves are more universal.

I have learned some very very useful stuff from guys whose taste in women I found horrifying. But their stuff still worked wonders on women I was actually attracted to. Most guys don't seem to have the experience or ability to be able to separate "I don't like his choice in women" from "Will his stuff work for me?" -- the two end up getting mixed together: "I don't like his choice in women, so anything he says I am just going to ignore."

Chase

JacobPalmer

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Agree with everything you've said Chase and Protean. That marriage example hit me (not that I've experienced it, but I know how I would feel). And yeah, last thing I want to do is hurt some girl I've been with. No more imagur links from me is totally fine, not a big deal. :)

As for what's currently up on my LRs, would you like current links to be removed? Or will a mod do that?

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
@Chase

I am in the same camp as JacobPalmer and do adhere to the importance of pics. In the past I have snapped pics of women naked after I was done with them and shared them with @Franco and @Grand Pooba to show myself as someone who legitimately gets laid. My point is that it does add credibility and proof because really anyone can write up a lay report and claim they slept with a girl.

Here is an idea I have and I am not sure how easy it would be to implement.

Why don't we make the field reports and journals section only accessible to active Girlschase forum members and not visible to Google. I am thinking lurkers can still read the general and other boards but the field reports section would be accessible only to those who are either active forum members or forum members with a certain amount of posts.

I mean think about it, look at the Journals section, if someone wanted to ruin one of us they easily could. We share the approaches we have done and the amount of women we talk to on a daily basis, it is not that hard for someone to see a trend and easily out one of us.

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Credibility should be judged by the quality of one's posts, not the pics. This is how it was done back in the days and it worked. It also motivated people to make more and better posts - usually in field based posts (techniques, tactics, FR's, Lr's etc)

ThePhoenix

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
@Chase -

Just want to clarify some edge cases.

Does the new rule against photos of women apply even where itʼs just an already-published photo of a famous or semi‑famous woman simply being used to show what women from a particular place or ethnic group look like, ask where to find women with a particular look, note the type of look you like, comment on womensʼ fashion, etcetera? Iʼve been known to do that occasionally, although in all such cases the mention was pretty incidental so I  didnʼt even place the picture in‑line but instead just gave a link to it.

In particular, I  mean where:
  • You donʼt make any claim of knowing her or having done anything with her or that anyone else has;

• Youʼre not saying anything derogatory about her or the population sheʼs from;

• Youʼre not exposing any information about her that she hasnʼt already made public herself;

• Itʼs a picture that has already been released into the media without expectation of privacy.

In such cases I  donʼt even make a copy of the file (to a photo bucket type thing) but instead just reference it at its original location.

Also, just to be clear, the ban on offering pictures by PM applies specifically to women, correct? I  wouldnʼt expect there to be a problem with “Iʼm  thinking  of using such-and-such photo of myself on Tinder but donʼt want to share the  photo  publicly” type situations. I  guess thereʼs a grey area if the contemplated photo also has women in it, but I  wouldnʼt expect that to be a problem if youʼre not giving any information about or making any claim to have been intimate with them.

This all seems harmless enough but itʼs your site so I  just want to make sure.

Cheers,
Phoenix

Last edited:
>