Question about "warm up" approaches--specifically, when to push for more

samanil

Rookie
Rookie
Hi,
This is my first post ever. I've dabbled in game over the years but really starting going hard last summer, and let me tell you it has been awesome. 250 approaches and 6 lays, all of which were interesting and unique (one was a girl standing on the street corner at 7 am who I approached on my ebike on the way to work). This stuff is life changing, so I wanted to thank Chase for his amazing writing and insights, as well as everyone else who contributes.

Anyways, here's my question. One of my favorite insights from the site (so far) is Chase's idea of doing warm up approaches. It really helps diminish approach anxiety to say to yourself "I'm just going to go say hi and flirt a little and then leave, and not go for the number." And then of course you get warmed up and suddenly it's not a problem to go approach girls. Chase himself says that it's important to not try to get anything (number, date etc.) from a warm up approach, because if you do then next time when you want to do some warm ups, your brain won't trust that it's just a warmup, and will have approach anxiety. But he also says you can get laid off of a warm up approach. Here's a quote from the grandmaster:

"If you view it as anything other than a warm-up, it’s not a warm-up; don’t let yourself hope for anything other than to warm up. She’s just a warm-up; if something else comes of that, cool, but that’s not the goal."

So my question is: how could something else come of a warmup, if you're not allowing it to be anything other than a warm up? The reason I'm asking is that it's pretty common for me to do a warmup, and the girl seems interested, but I don't know if I should push things forward or not, since I don't want to have approach anxiety next time I go to warm up (since my brain will think "this isn't a warm up this is a real approach"). I've even had a few warm ups where I tell the girl goodbye and she looks at me super weird as if she's thinking "you're not going to go for my number". Once I did a 180 and went for the number, and then we met up on a date. Even today, I did a warmup and the girl seemed interested. As a "hack" I gave her my number, and lo and behold she texted me and we might meet up tomorrow night.

I want to have a solid warmup routine, but not blow obvious opportunities while warming up! Any help would be much appreciated.

Marcellus

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Welcome 🙏🏾
And happy hunting! It's great to have you here man

I'd suggest to read the article again
The Warm-up approach

Youre putting too much pressure and thinking into it haha. If it's going good then obviously stay in/ask for second meet up/see what happens... and if it isn't then all good youre just getting warmed up.

Don't over think it

Bars/Clubs/One location type area - Don't worry too much about pushing because you can always re-open later. Just warm-up and keep it movjng

Street/Mall/Lots of movement locations - If it's going well just test and see what happens if you stan in/escalate and if it's not then all good youre just doing some warm up approaches, keep it moving

rockstar

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Do you even feel like the "warm-up" approach idea is helpful to you?

What if you just went into your first approach normally?

Or if you do like taking the pressure off, what if you told yourself:
- "I'm going to approach and if she's really into me/warm, I'll keep going, but if she's not, it's ok, I can eject early on the warmup"
or
- "I'm going to approach, but just go for the number - I'm not going to try to pull or instadate bc it's just a warmup"

There's really no reason not to at least get a number if the set is good, imo. Though like @Marcellus said, if this is nightgame, you can always re-open too

I don't do warm-up sets personally. If I'm not feeling very social or feeling nervous, I'll might have conversations with less-attractive girls, staff, random people, etc.

>