r/seduction is dead (rant ahead)

ART

Space Monkey
space monkey
Note: I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it. But I'll leave it here in the off-topic section since I have no place to put it.

Well, actually it's not 'dead, dead'. But I might as well declare it.

It used to be such a good place to learn about pickup and game. Now it's being overrun by incels and SJWs. Someone will ask a question or talk about their latest improvements only to be called 'creepy' or 'cringe'.

Or when someone is using excuses like they aren't tall enough or good-looking, they are told to make the best of what they got. Only to have that advice dismissed as 'cope' or whatever the black-pillers are throwing out there these days.

It's places like that why Skilled Seducer is the last bastion for good advice on pickup. I am thankful for Chase and the crew buckling down on the shit you would normally see on Reddit's dating and seduction subreddits.

If you wish to seek out advice on r/seduction, do so at your own risk. But I highly wouldn't recommend it.

West_Indian_Archie

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Note: I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it. But I'll leave it here in the off-topic section since I have no place to put it.

Well, actually it's not 'dead, dead'. But I might as well declare it.

It used to be such a good place to learn about pickup and game. Now it's being overrun by incels and SJWs. Someone will ask a question or talk about their latest improvements only to be called 'creepy' or 'cringe'.

Or when someone is using excuses like they aren't tall enough or good-looking, they are told to make the best of what they got. Only to have that advice dismissed as 'cope' or whatever the black-pillers are throwing out there these days.

It's places like that why Skilled Seducer is the last bastion for good advice on pickup. I am thankful for Chase and the crew buckling down on the shit you would normally see on Reddit's dating and seduction subreddits.

If you wish to seek out advice on r/seduction, do so at your own risk. But I highly wouldn't recommend it.
It was dead when I was first posting on it 4 years ago. (I got banned maybe 18 months into it...). There were a few guys still in the mix, but for the most part, it's over.

Shrugs.

Pick Up, in terms of popularity, is basically back to where it was before The Game was released, maybe smaller.

I remember when folks wanted it to be underground...well here we are.

WIA

Protean

Space Monkey
space monkey
I think one of the highest upvoted posts is a girl in a coffee shop chatting up one of her customers and getting his number.

Smh, says it all tbh
I’ve been wondering why Reddit gets more and more insufferable with each passing year and it’s finally hit me: more girls.

In the early days, before the internet was mainstream most netizens were guys. We were free to discuss topics just like you would when hanging out with the boys offline free from the judgement of the women in our lives. Not to say that men are afraid of women’s judgment or anything, but guy talk can only happen amongst a group of men. The second a single woman appears it’s put on ice.

Nowadays everyone is on the internet even a lot of women. So now you have spaces that were formerly male only or male dominated start to include and make room for more women. And as Chase talked about in a recent article, the ladies WILL go to work taming the men they share this online space with.

Overtime this has a chilling effect of the discourse to the point where the most upvoted topic on a pickup forum is a post where a WOMAN goes and picks up a guy. Wild stuff.

Funnily enough I’m realizing that 4chan is really the only site I can go to for consistent laughs now as it’s somehow held back the rising tide of PC bullshit that has stifled the fun out of pretty much everything these days. I’m willing to bet a pretty penny that it has the lowest percentage of female users by far and that fact in conjunction with anonymity and no clear approval signals for validation (i.e. likes/upvotes) are big reasons why.

Last edited:

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
I’ve been wondering why Reddit gets more and more insufferable with each passing year and it’s finally hit me: more girls.

In the early days, before the internet was mainstream most netizens were guys. We were free to discuss topics just like you would when hanging out with the boys offline free from the judgement of the women in our lives. Not to say that men are afraid of women’s judgment or anything, but guy talk can only happen amongst a group of men. The second a single woman appears it’s put on ice.

Nowadays everyone is on the internet even a lot of women. So now you have spaces that were formerly male only or male dominated start to include and make room for more women. And as Chase talked about in a recent article, the ladies WILL go to work taming the men they share this online space with.

Overtime this has a chilling effect of the discourse to the point where the most upvoted topic on a pickup forum is a post where a WOMAN goes and picks up a guy. Wild stuff.

Funnily enough I’m realizing that 4chan is really the only site I can go to for consistent laughs now as it’s somehow held back the rising tide of PC bullshit that has stifled the fun out of pretty much everything these days. I’m willing to bet a pretty penny that it has the lowest percentage of female users by far and that fact in conjunction with anonymity and no clear approval signals for validation (i.e. likes/upvotes) are big reasons why.

Could be, but then again it might be overrun by guys whose perspective has been completely dominated by the current narrative that is driven by out-of-control female anxiety. These days you have guys fawning over things so sappy it would make the average girl puke, and joining in to clap at women who do stuff that any vaguely masculine guy finds instinctively repulsive.

Modern males have no center, they have no castle of the mind, they are wayward and vulnerable, psychological whores in desperate need of validation and gratification by whatever means possible, and they will do anything to get it. Like women, they morph into whatever the environment pressures them to become, hoping that at some point they get what they crave. Their personalities are weak, soft and easy to change. And yet, they retain some of their inherited masculine instincts, which makes them dangerous when something has them under its control.

As usual, I don't think it's women who are the real operators in this scheme. Everything is always a battle between males for power, and women just spectate and get stirred a bit one way or the other while they try to figure out who to select as a mate. Every effective organization is run by males, including the ones that are destroying society and the internet. Even mobs are always led by males. The only difference is that now they wear the mask of a nice guy or a female empowerment crusader while they look around for a lever or a bludgeon to use against their adversaries, and try to manipulate women into wanting to have sex with them.

Lobo

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
It was dead when I was first posting on it 4 years ago. (I got banned maybe 18 months into it...). There were a few guys still in the mix, but for the most part, it's over.

Shrugs.

Pick Up, in terms of popularity, is basically back to where it was before The Game was released, maybe smaller.

I remember when folks wanted it to be underground...well here we are.

WIA
Im curious as to why so many guys quit...

Either way, more for the rest of us ;)

TomInHo

Modern Human
Modern Human
It's because men as a collective have become weak as hell and have come up with all kinds of copes to have mediocre to below average sex lives.

The death of r/seduction is a side effect of the problem, and it seems to be getting worse year by year. For example, I just did an analysis on google trends for the following topics from the years 2010 - 2022

- How To Get A One Night Stand 74 - 26
- How To Get Laid 84 - 26
- How To Get A Friends With Benefits 73 - 22

These are topics that in my opinion would be the most searched in terms of seduction, but their search volumes have dropped significantly in the last 12 years.

Men simply don't care about fixing their issues when it comes to dating, sex and relationships and nowadays would rather whine and complain which also explains the rise of MGTOW, RED-PILL, MANO-SPHERE, BLACK-PILL

And what makes this incredibly ironic is the fact that although Tinder and Online Dating took off around the year 2012, more men are having less sex today than ever before

tinder.jpg

It's kind of sad really because we've never had so many resources and tools to get laid in human history but the majority of men have lost the drive to even try

Last edited:

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
It's because men as a collective have become weak as hell and have come up with all kinds of copes to have mediocre to below average sex lives.

The death of r/seduction is a side effect of the problem, and it seems to be getting worse year by year. For example, I just did an analysis on google trends for the following topics from the years 2010 - 2022

- How To Get A One Night Stand 74 - 26
- How To Get Laid 84 - 26
- How To Get A Friends With Benefits 73 - 22

These are topics that in my opinion would be the most searched in terms of seduction, but their search volumes have dropped significantly in the last 12 years.

Men simply don't care about fixing their issues when it comes to dating, sex and relationships and nowadays would rather whine and complain which also explains the rise of MGTOW, RED-PILL, MANO-SPHERE, BLACK-PILL

And what makes this incredibly ironic is the fact that although Tinder and Online Dating took off around the year 2012, more men are having less sex today than ever before

tinder.jpg

It's kind of sad really because we've never had so many resources and tools to get laid in human history but the majority of men have lost the drive to even try

Very interesting stuff!

I'm not so sure they don't care though. In my estimation, at least for a large percentage, the issue is very much one of self esteem and identity. Growing up with all the mainstream nonsense, weak or absent fathers, many guys just don't have an inner framework from which to draw strength and bootstrap themselves to success. They don't have sense of their own value to society or other people, and so they cannot find much motivation to pursue even their own sexual gratification. I think this explains the rise of all these communities, because while guys are regurgitating the slogans and marching under the flag, they feel like someone, a satisfaction that even hedonistic pleasure cannot provide. This drive is all well and good but obviously many of these communities operate on useless foundations.

Since seduction is very much dependent on rock solid self esteem and strong frame control, it seems likely that these guys suffer from a lack of identity that makes it very difficult for them to face the anxiety of approaching women, laying down frame and dealing with tests.

Almost everything in a man's resilience and ability to face down challenges in life comes from a strong identity that influences him more than pain or fear, and from what I can see it's severely lacking everywhere in western societies.

West_Indian_Archie

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Im curious as to why so many guys quit...

Pick Up is like driving a car. Once a man learns the basics and he can do 99% of what he wants to do.

So once you're getting the girls, no need to contribute to the community.

The other thing is that tech changes, internet culture, and culture in general have changed.

Guys need pick up (a structured way to meet girls and resolve problems) even more now, but the culture is against that.

WIA

Rakehell

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Because it isn’t easy i’d imagine. I notice the guy’s who are active already have a inclination toward being interested in the information, and not only that but coming to the right conclusion with what they’re absorbing.

It takes a certain type of person to seek out this type of stuff. So we can assume that they’re trying to meet a need. I’d like to assume that MOST guy’s who seek this stuff out are just trying to figure out how to get a specific girl, not trying to start an all woman army.

And the guy’s who might be trying to get a boatload of girls figure out soon enough that the shits hard to implement. Unless you already have a natural affinity for understanding people (EQ), it’s difficult material to grasp because it approaches many different fields.

It’s an eclectic field of study in of itself. Hard to self teach, and even harder to implement by yourself. Most guy’s give up or get satisfied with small results.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder

tinder.jpg

This seems to be a major contributing factor to the explosion in all those things. I talked about it here.

Current dating apps are super unnatural -- they are "look at pictures on a screen, judge by initial appearance only, then ask to match."

That's not how women select mates in real life at all, so most women don't like using them, and the male-female imbalance is crazy, with many of the women on them using them only for entertainment, not for real dating. You end up with this small pool of generally more masculine, sexualized women who are picking men based on looks, against a huge crop of men whose primary experience with women is these women, who are picking solely based on looks.

Men conclude women "only care about looks" based on this experience, and also that "women are way too picky" because all these mediocre chicks from apps are hooking up with chads and ignoring mediocre guys (because women can do that when there's an extreme male-female imbalance... which there is on apps).

So you get a ton of incel sites with men complaining about über picky women who care only about looks. You get guys insisting that looks are all that matters. Guys talking about how women have these totally unrealistic standards. All these guys do is apps. You ask them when the last time they approached 20 girls in real life was and they probably haven't made 20 real life approaches in the past year.

There is this illusion though that apps are "so easy" because they're designed to be, so guys keep going back to them, even when they don't work. "If I can't get girls on this super easy to use app, then it must be IMPOSSIBLE doing it in real life, which is so much harder!"

I suspect that's the biggest force driving down the sex men are having and embittering men so much.

There are other factors. But the whole "men addicted to their smart phones, swiping endlessly, then ragequitting in frustration, and quitting not just apps, but meeting women everywhere, because they assume if they can't meet women on apps, they can't meet women anywhere" phenomenon is having a huge impact.

Current dating apps are IMO one of the biggest social ills of our time for what they're doing to both male psychology and to male-female interactions.

Chase

StrayDog

Modern Human
Modern Human
This seems to be a major contributing factor to the explosion in all those things. I talked about it here.

Current dating apps are super unnatural -- they are "look at pictures on a screen, judge by initial appearance only, then ask to match."

That's not how women select mates in real life at all, so most women don't like using them, and the male-female imbalance is crazy, with many of the women on them using them only for entertainment, not for real dating. You end up with this small pool of generally more masculine, sexualized women who are picking men based on looks, against a huge crop of men whose primary experience with women is these women, who are picking solely based on looks.

Men conclude women "only care about looks" based on this experience, and also that "women are way too picky" because all these mediocre chicks from apps are hooking up with chads and ignoring mediocre guys (because women can do that when there's an extreme male-female imbalance... which there is on apps).

So you get a ton of incel sites with men complaining about über picky women who care only about looks. You get guys insisting that looks are all that matters. Guys talking about how women have these totally unrealistic standards. All these guys do is apps. You ask them when the last time they approached 20 girls in real life was and they probably haven't made 20 real life approaches in the past year.

There is this illusion though that apps are "so easy" because they're designed to be, so guys keep going back to them, even when they don't work. "If I can't get girls on this super easy to use app, then it must be IMPOSSIBLE doing it in real life, which is so much harder!"

I suspect that's the biggest force driving down the sex men are having and embittering men so much.

There are other factors. But the whole "men addicted to their smart phones, swiping endlessly, then ragequitting in frustration, and quitting not just apps, but meeting women everywhere, because they assume if they can't meet women on apps, they can't meet women anywhere" phenomenon is having a huge impact.

Current dating apps are IMO one of the biggest social ills of our time for what they're doing to both male psychology and to male-female interactions.

Chase
The fact that so many people have eschewed their personal responsibility in the mating process, to an algorithm, is rather disconcerting. The body's innate abilities to instinctually mate select. The power of one's own mind to set its sights on what it desires. The efficacy of one's personal will in creating the right conditions for seduction. Then there are these guys who are wishing, hoping, praying, that a glorified calculator will do all that for them. It might not be giving up entirely, but damn if it isn't close.

Last edited:

StrayDog

Modern Human
Modern Human
Because it isn’t easy i’d imagine. I notice the guy’s who are active already have a inclination toward being interested in the information, and not only that but coming to the right conclusion with what they’re absorbing.

It takes a certain type of person to seek out this type of stuff. So we can assume that they’re trying to meet a need. I’d like to assume that MOST guy’s who seek this stuff out are just trying to figure out how to get a specific girl, not trying to start an all woman army.

And the guy’s who might be trying to get a boatload of girls figure out soon enough that the shits hard to implement. Unless you already have a natural affinity for understanding people (EQ), it’s difficult material to grasp because it approaches many different fields.

It’s an eclectic field of study in of itself. Hard to self teach, and even harder to implement by yourself. Most guy’s give up or get satisfied with small results.
Not to mention, you have to take a good deal of L's in the process. It takes a pretty thick skin to keep coming back to the game after being dealt a few. It is hard work that requires a man to confront himself, as well as society's expectations of him. You have to be willing to wrestle with your desires, get your hands dirty, make poor choices, and get right back to the drawing board (redefining what you think you know to be true about yourself and the world). This can be a pretty grueling process. Especially if you are going at it alone (or mostly alone). There is really not much of a safety net either. Every mistake you make happens in real-time. No real training dojo. The only place to really learn is in field, with real people. People are complex, and often difficult to understand. Seduction is a practice that calls you to interface with the world directly, and that can be rather uncomfortable (or if done recklessly a total hazard). Not saying that this isn't true for other pursuits (which may or may not be of a more virtuous quality) but mating is such a fundamental aspect of our conception of who/what we are, that to peel back the layers and not just take the whole thing at face value requires a great deal of gusto (and maybe just a touch of wild foolishness).

ART

Space Monkey
space monkey
Holy shit. This thread really took off. I guess that's what happens when I leave it alone for a couple of days.

Anyways, excellent points all around gents. Especially with @Chase saying that dating apps have been the one of the greatest social ills.

I've never gotten into them (and nor will I, even if I had many advantages). I find approaching in real life to be so much easier.

I dare say that the "competition" has never been easier. We have all kinds of men 'giving it all up' and throw out every excuse in the book.

Every time I see something like that, it's a reminder that despite the potential of being outgunned and outmatched by someone who may be better looking, taller, or whatever than me...I still have a legitimate shot. Plus, combine that with the mindset of not giving a fuck about losing out on opportunities makes it even better.

POCCN9lHNH

Space Monkey
space monkey
It was alive? :oops:
Always seemed like a bad place for dating advice for me

Reactions: ART
>