Reciprocity

niger9dm

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hi guys, I have a question:

My GF is very jealous and once asked me to cut contact with a friend because she was very flirty with me and I did it.

But last month my GF went to a bar with her friends to celebrate that one of them (Dick) was going to work to Canada during 1 month because he has serious economic problems. I picked her up after the meeting because she said she wanted to have some space with her friends and when I arrived I noticed, to my surprise, that Dick looked angry. Without asking her, my GF told me he was angry because of me, since he had a crush on her.

This weekend we went to Dick’s house because his family threw a party for his return. While I was there, I noticed he wouldn’t approach us and was acting strange towards me and my GF. I asked her what was going on and after insisting she said that Dick and her had a casual relationship months ago and they ended up being just friends, but since his departure he had been trying to get back with her and even sent her some messages in which he said I was a poor choice.

We left the party and I told her that what she had done was unacceptable and a betrayal because she took me to his ex’s house while she had previously asked me to ghost a friend of mine for being too flirty and she even took me to his house. In other words she didn´t reciprocate.

She swears that she didn’t think about it that it was a mistake and that she won’t ever get back with him (I think she’s telling the truth) but I told her that, to be even, this will change the relationship forever since I will not cut contact with any other girl even if she’s openly flirting with me because I won’t give her what I didn’t receive even though she has blocked Dick on social media.

What do you think about it?
What would you do?

niger9dm

Space Monkey
space monkey
she is very jealous cause she is projecting.... and may have done something behind your back with that dude(who knows)... She crossed a boundary by the way...

Would you dump her?

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Would you dump her?

I would not give her main status, but side girl status, since i am sure you probably have no other girls... I would keep her, i would start de pair bonding, and i would shop around for other women...Once i have other women then i would dump her... so my answer if is me i would plan my escape... if i have to take a vegas bet i would say she probably did something with that dude when you were together... the reason is she told you not to come to the party, the dude was angry, then she told you they had sex in the past, and then she play stupid... I mean is up to you what you do... I know that your spider senses told you something was off.... is ultimately your decision, obviously something you sense was off and bother you, and you made this post, chances are you are right in whatever you thought was off...

niger9dm

Space Monkey
space monkey
I would not give her main status, but side girl status, since i am sure you probably have no other girls... I would keep her, i would start de pair bonding, and i would shop around for other women...Once i have other women then i would dump her... so my answer if is me i would plan my escape... if i have to take a vegas bet i would say she probably did something with that dude when you were together... the reason is she told you not to come to the party, the dude was angry, then she told you they had sex in the past, and then she play stupid... I mean is up to you what you do... I know that your spider senses told you something was off.... is ultimately your decision, obviously something you sense was off and bother you, and you made this post, chances are you are right in whatever you thought was off...

Thanks man, I guess you are right. Great advice.
I have one last question. My plan originally was to tell her not to expect loyalty from me, that I would reciprocate her behaviour. I think that would make me look badass and strong but at the same time I guess that would cause a lot of drama.
Should I tell her "I forgive you" and pretend nothing happened or should I be upfront about it and tell her we will continue but she has lost privileges?

niger9dm

Space Monkey
space monkey
Or perhaps dismiss the situation altogether while I look for other options?

M_Ronin

Space Monkey
space monkey
I know it sounds a bit cliche, but listen to your heart. I can see you grew distant a little bit towards this woman already. It's unlikely to last very long unless she makes up for it somehow. You will naturally gravitate towards something else otherwise, which is THE healthy behaviour btw. So all in all, I think you're very good.

niger9dm

Space Monkey
space monkey
I know it sounds a bit cliche, but listen to your heart. I can see you grew distant a little bit towards this woman already. It's unlikely to last very long unless she makes up for it somehow. You will naturally gravitate towards something else otherwise, which is THE healthy behaviour btw. So all in all, I think you're very good.

Thanks man, I appreciate your words and I will follow your advice.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
@Skills would you elaborate on depairbonding. it makes sense but i’d like to hear your take on it. i’ve never heard the term.

lol english is my second language i just probable made that term in other words you pair bond and connect, de pair bonding when you do the opposite....(checking out of the relationship)

naturalmikey

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
lol english is my second language i just probable made that term in other words you pair bond and connect, de pair bonding when you do the opposite....(checking out of the relationship)

haha i thought maybe you meant that sleeping with someone else would break the pairbond you have with your partner. that would make sense. i didn't know if there was any science behind it.

>