FR++  Recurring problem? Help needed

Wassupmypeepz

Space Monkey
space monkey
I've only been on 2 dates in my entire life. On the first one I got my first kiss--a short peck on the lips. And then on this one where I get the makeout. However on BOTH I was perceived as a player who does this a lot which led to lots of resistance as you'll see in the FR. I don't know how to prevent this from coming up. Anyway on to the Field Report:
First Approach
I'm at the mall with my best friend and his sister. We go there sometimes to approach. I saw the girl who well name Shelly before but I didn't approach cause she was too far away. And I make a mental note to approach later if I see her again. I do and she's in front of us and the convo goes like
Me: Excuse me do you know what time it is?
Her: Yeah it's blah blah (the time)
Me: Thanks but I really don't care I just thought you were cute and I have to talk to you. But I have to ask how old are you?
Her: 22
Me: Hmm damn Im 18... Do you think I should continue or no?
Her: Nah you probably shouldn't
Me: Well hold on who knows what might happen? Answer this: Do you think I'm cute?
Her: Yeah I do
Me: Well then let's just see where this goes. We don't need to worry about labels or anything.
Her: *laughs* okay that's fair
Me: So what is your name?
Her: *her real name which is also the name of a city*
Me: Lemme guess. Your instagram caption was *her name in her name*
Her: No...that was the hashing.
Me:*chuckling* Haha cause that makes it so much better. You're basic. I read you in like two minutes
Her: *laughs*
Me: *Decide to go for number here* Tell me your number. *She does*
We talk a bit more about stuff that's not that important then I say I gotta go find my friends and go away. Then I text her the next day. Convo:
Me:(My name). Yesterday you were #(hername)inmall. Not as catchy I know.
Her: Yeah not nearly as catchy. What's your hashtag?
Me: *Give her one*
Me: Jealous?
Her: Hmm...
Her: Nope. Not at all.
Me: What a jealous person would say. Cute how you try to hide it!
Me: What is your schedule like this week? Let's grab coffee
Her: I guess that was a clever hashtag. So my schedule is a little hectic. I'm only in (the area) on the weekends. I'm available next Sunday if that works for you.

The next day

Me: Sundays are iffy for me. Friday or Saturday works thr best.
Her: Fridays are pretty hard. Can I give you a maybe to Saturday?

The next day:

Me: Sure but let me know as soon as you find out. If my Sunday opens up I'll let you know as well
Her: I definitely will.

Two days later:

Hey I can do Saturday. How does 7 work for you?

Two days later (on the date. I got busy and forgot)

Me: Hey! Been so busy so excuse late response. I'd prefer around 4 or 5 but I can do 7 if that's impossible for you.
Her: No worries. I didn't hear from you, so I made plans to stay in (some place) tonight, but I'll be in (area) tomorrow if your schedule happens to free up.
Me: Haha totally understandable. I'll let you know in a timely manner next time. Have fun in (place) though. Always entertaining when I'm there
Her: Lol usually I'm pretty flexible. I'll just be studying haha, so not much fun.

The next day

Me: How does today at 5 work for you?
Her: that's perfect.
I end up running late to 5 because of some shit that I had to do after church so I call and say we should push it back to 6 or 6:30. Then I get delayed again and text her I'll be there at 7.
Date:
I pull up at 6:54 and I see her in some sweats and she's looking sexy af in then and I say hey and explain why I'm late after she jokes to me about it. She tells me she was doing some work and then asks if I'm gonna get something at the coffee shop. I tell her maybe later.
I then ask if she ate and she says yes and I'm like "Damn I came too late." We talk a little bit about her life and what she wants to do and then I say let's walk outside and we do. I grab her by the waist and she's surprised how forward I am. But she reciprocates my touch. Then we just walk and talk for a bit. She asks about my goals and a bit about my family. We go to a fast food joint and we discuss random topics but mostly media and entertainment. Then she constantly tells me how she's unsure of me because I held her hand, etc and she thinks that I do this a lot. (Credit to this site and YouTube cause girls give me this a lot even though it's furthest from the truth) and I try to combat this by just saying stop overthinking and just have fun in this moment right now. But clearly she's convinced that I'm a player or something and asks:
Her: Lemme ask you a few questions.
Me: Sure go ahead
Her: How many relationships have you had?
(The real answer to this is none but saying that is incongruent so I dodge with this)
Me: Depends. Define what you mean as a relationship.
Her: Two of you were mutually exclusive with each other.
Me: In that case none. I don't label myself with others cause that's a waste of time. I go for what I want at the time and I'm honest about it. Society would be better if more people were like me.
Her: I agree. I appreciate your honesty with me.
Then we sit back outside the coffee shop and then here's where things get really interesting.
Her: you like getting close don't you?
Me: Absolutely.
Her: I still can't get you.
Me: What aren't you getting?
Her: I'm not sure how I feel.
Me: Are you having a good time?
Her: No but I'm making myself not have a good time cause I'm overthinking.
Me: I told you stop overthinking. Let it all go.
Her: That's really hard for me. I'm still getting over something.
Me: How long ago was this other dude?
Her: About a year but it's still affecting me.
Me: I see. (I start triangular gazing here and I think it works cause she mentions)
Her: I wonder if I've ever kissed a stranger...oh wait at a bar! Yes I have.
Me: aha that makes perfect sense. Whats stopping you from kissing me then? (I lean in)
Her: No you're not kissing me. I still don't know about you.
Me: I can tell you want to but you don't like that you want to.
(The convo stays wrong this for a bit)
Her: can you tell what in thinking right now?
Me: your wondering about me.
Her: No
Me: then what?
Her: If I should kiss you or not.
Me: you should. (lean in again)
Her: No. Will you be mad if I don't?
Me: No. This was fun no matter how this ends. I have enjoyed this time with you. But I will be a little upset. You're a gorgeous woman and there has been so many perfect moments.
Convo continues for a bit and then I say I'm cold and asks if she wants to chill in her car and if she has an aux cable. She lies and says she doesn't and I call bullshit.
Then:
Her: You think it'll be easier to kiss me in my car then here don't you?
Me: Already thinking about that? You're fast. I don't know. Maybe. Well see what happens.
Then we head into her car and talk for about 5 minutes. Then we start making out and I think I might have fucked up because I didn't escalate with my hands during the session which might have prevented escalation to a bj. However I do place her hand on my boner but nothing comes of it. I start unbuckling and she says stop.
Side Note: I know I handled this wrong so any advice here is needed. This was my first time making out so I had nothing to go on.
We then talk a bit and she tells me shes not sure if she'll see me again because she knows I'm not looking for anything serious and that she's not a "hookup" and I try to alleviate those fears by saying your a cool person and that I genuinely enjoy her as a person.
Eventually she had to pee and I do too so we both go do so. Then she calls her mom and says she'll be home soon. We hug and I smack her ass and shes leaving and she turns around, smiling at first but then she says you're too pushy (something she's told me repeatedly throughout the date) and I don't apologize but I feel I need to alleviate the situation so I joked and ask if this was a deal-breaker and she says yes pretty seriously and then I say I'll text you and you should text back cause it'll be good for her.

I need advice on this guy's:
How can I stop girls from thinking I'm too much of a player?
When the above occurs, what is the best way to combat this frame?
How (specifically in this interaction) can I prevent myself from explaining myself given her constant framing of "This is weird" or "You're too young" etc
During the makeout what could I have done to escalate further to a blowjob or a lay?
Was the ass tap properly calibrated?
What is a good text to send after this? She said she might not want to see me again after this cause it was too fast.
Also how do I prevent myself from becoming visibly frustrated when faced with resistance? She commented I looked that way even though I didn't think I did.
Also for anyone experienced: a breakdown of things I did right and wrong anywhere would be greatly appreciated.

Hector Papi Castillo

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
You're wondering why you're giving off the player vibe?

I'll show you :)

Me: Lemme guess. Your instagram caption was *her name in her name*
Her: No...that was the hashing.
Me:*chuckling* Haha cause that makes it so much better. You're basic. I read you in like two minutes
Her: *laughs*
Me: *Decide to go for number here* Tell me your number. *She does*

Bold text. That's some hardcore teasing. Very player-y.

Plus all of your "let's see what happens" stuff seems canned. Player-y.

Me:(My name). Yesterday you were #(hername)inmall. Not as catchy I know.
Her: Yeah not nearly as catchy. What's your hashtag?
Me: *Give her one*
Me: Jealous?
Her: Hmm...
Her: Nope. Not at all.
Me: What a jealous person would say. Cute how you try to hide it!
Me: What is your schedule like this week? Let's grab coffee
Her: I guess that was a clever hashtag. So my schedule is a little hectic. I'm only in (the area) on the weekends. I'm available next Sunday if that works for you.

You're being super game-y here. All you do is tease her. Sounds like a guy who's a one-trick pony (i.e., how most players work).

Two days later (on the date. I got busy and forgot)

Me: Hey! Been so busy so excuse late response. I'd prefer around 4 or 5 but I can do 7 if that's impossible for you.
Her: No worries. I didn't hear from you, so I made plans to stay in (some place) tonight, but I'll be in (area) tomorrow if your schedule happens to free up.
Me: Haha totally understandable. I'll let you know in a timely manner next time. Have fun in (place) though. Always entertaining when I'm there
Her: Lol usually I'm pretty flexible. I'll just be studying haha, so not much fun.

You waited two days to respond? Bro, that's like classic fuckboy. It's actually less player-y to just respond to the text late than if you add the "been so busy so excuse the late response" preamble. That makes you look more guilty. If you're going to wait two days to respond, just respond two days late, don't make an excuse.

I end up running late to 5 because of some shit that I had to do after church so I call and say we should push it back to 6 or 6:30. Then I get delayed again and text her I'll be there at 7.

Lol and then you push back the date 2 hours? She's convinced you're a player, despite the fact that you've ever only been on 2 dates before. See how the way you act can totally betray your actual personality/experience?

Me: In that case none. I don't label myself with others cause that's a waste of time. I go for what I want at the time and I'm honest about it. Society would be better if more people were like me.
Her: I agree. I appreciate your honesty with me.

Another classic fuckboy line. You've basically just walked out of a Hitch movie. If you want to pull of "clueless fuckboy," which is a lot better than the "super sly fuckboy," then you need to act dumb. I actually would have admitted that you've only ever been on a few dates here, because then she'd be like, "wait, maybe he really was just busy and clueless for being late and responding late. He's inexperienced but already THAT scarce? I better snatch him up before he really turns into a player!"

Her: No but I'm making myself not have a good time cause I'm overthinking.
Me: I told you stop overthinking. Let it all go.
Her: That's really hard for me. I'm still getting over something.

Let me translate this conversation,

Her - I think you're a player
You - Stop thinking I'm a player; I like you
Her - Yeah still not convinced

You need to *show* her that you're not a player. This can include *telling* her you're not, but it has to be shown in HOW you say it to her. Warmth. Romance. It would take an entire article to explain how to properly convey this, but think about how you would show someone you care about them.

When the above occurs, what is the best way to combat this frame?

If a girl says you're being pushy, smile and laugh, and then stop being pushy. You want to show her that you're not deflated by her criticism, but that you will listen to it and adjust. Unless she's obviously joking and hitting you on the arm when she says it, she's probably being genuine about it.

My advice to you is slow down. You have a knack for teasing and with such little experience can push the envelope well. See what happens when you reel it back. Quit trying to think of a perfect response or how to "out-frame" her. That's too mechanically advance for you right now. Develop your intuition first, which means listening to your emotions.

When she called you out for being frustrated, I think it would have behooved you to break frame and then reveal that you are actually a bit frustrated because you're not that good with girls. The frame you were pushing was not working, so you need to change it. Might have crashed and burned harder as she realized you were faking it, but there's also a chance that you would have gained a lot of attainability (ie., sweetness, vulnerability, etc).

Hope this helps. For only ever having been on two dates and getting your first kiss, good fucking job. Really. You have some natural talent. Keep going out and honing it.

Also, if you're on instagram, you should follow our two new accounts

@girlschase
@whatshereallymeant

And if you submit screenshots of text conversations to @whatshereallymeant you can get some free texting advice. Send 3 of them and I'll enter you into a chance to win a free hour of coaching :)

>