RIP Jon Anthony ( Masculinedevelopment.com)

Spyce D

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Today , I just found out that jon anthony owner of masculine development has died ... Apparently from suicide . And I don't think that he was even 30 yet .

Not to confused with John Anthony , JMLUV .

He even had some articles on girlschase website too .

I remember talking with him over instagram a few years ago .. it sucks .

Here is what harsh strongman from lifemathmoney has posted for him .

• Sad
Reactions: POB

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
That's a shame.

He had a couple of guest posts with us years back (2016 | 2018). He pushed fairly hard to come on and write a regular column for us on fitness or just about anything. I said "no" because I wanted to keep Girls Chase on-topic and not turn it into a "men's everything" site with a bunch of regular columns on too many things.

I actually had a discussion about him with our editor at the time, BT. I thought John was using gear; BT didn't. But given the size of his traps and how fast he claimed to have put his muscle on, plus his generally "always shredded" physique (super hard to maintain without steroids... you basically need an absolutely brutal diet, which you maintain, always)... I preferred not to take the chance.

He seemed like a very ambitious, energetic guy who was focused on maintaining a very public image. Being super public takes a big toll on you. You end up living a life devoted to image maintenance. It's exhausting and not very fun, and also not fulfilling.

I'd wonder about those revenue claims too. Not to say he couldn't do it... but his main blog was getting 1/20th of the traffic GC does according to SimilarWeb, and we're not usually anywhere close to $100K revenue/mo. Maybe his SEO agency was really killing it.

But, again, if you're doing the very public thing, lots of big claims, constantly being in the limelight, it is a lot of pressure. If everything's going awesome in your personal life behind the scenes, then no sweat, but suffer some setbacks there, then combine that with being trapped in a race to always present yourself in this amazing light... it can be crushing.

Sometimes when you're driven by demons, in the end the demons win.

I hope John can rest in peace.

Chase

>