Sexting: Can it count?

ramirezs316

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
So I've been trying to wrap my head around this one. I recently met a girl on pof and we hit it off for the most part. There's a bit of an age gap but enough sexual tension. The catch is we live about two hours away and both of us are too busy and or unsure about the whole online thing to commit to meeting right now.

Here's where it gets complicated. We had a really candid talk where she revealed that she suffers from vaginismus: involuntary tightness of the vagina during sex. This means she has painful intercourse and has even caused pain for her partners. Basically, she is unable to have vaginal or anal sex at least until therapy allows her to. She can still masturbate though.

After expressing that I'm still not sure if we'll meet anytime soon, she basically pleaded with me to sext with her. I don't have much experience with this, but I agreed. The next day we had a texting session where we sent pics and videos back and forth, simulating real sex. She sent me videos of her masturbating like any other girl and she came too.

I've always considered sexting just a masturbation technique with an actual person and nothing more. But now I'm wondering what it meant to her considering she can't have intercourse. It's really made me look at it in a new way and I'm not sure what to make of it.

Mr. oblivious

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Im not sure what you are wanting clarified

Do you mean does sexting count as sex in this senario?

I would say no sex is sex you might have built a connection with her cause your able to meet her need given her situation probably a better connection than if you had sex with her cause she would associate it with bad experiences and pain.

Anyways i think your reading into this a bit too much its a girl online who you talked to and sexted for all you know she sexted 3 guys after sexting you and probably doesn't even have vaginismus just couldn't be screwed meeting you and still wanted to get off (probably not likely but you have to look at the bigger picture)

To it count or not ? you should look at does it matter or not ? on the big scale it don't think it matters unless your going to meet her just enjoy the sexting and keep communicating with other women.

ramirezs316

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Lol that thought crossed my mind. I know it doesn't count (honestly I put that headline because it sounds kind of provocative). I guess I'm more interested in the philosophical aspect. Like for a person who can't pjysically have sex, what would count as sex for he or she? I'm wondering if the digital age gives these people any comfort or connection.

>