Smirk's Return

Smirk

Rookie
Rookie
I am a guy in his mid-30s, in what feels like a major turning point of my life.

I might be one of the stereotypical guys who dabbled in game. Got some early success, and settled with HB7 whom I had great chemistry in and out of bed. In the relationship, I always felt something was missing though. Maybe it was the nagging feeling, that I had missed some experiences with different kinds of girls, that I hadn't reached my full potential. Maybe it was something else, but there was a voice in the back of my head saying this isn't it. Even though the chemistry was great in the relationship, I didn't enjoy the activities you do as a couple. Nights out with other couples or meeting girl's friends or family always felt like a big chore. This is a theme I have seen in all of my LTRs. I have to dig deeper in myself to see, if it is just feature in me. Maybe with the right girl those feelings won't surface.

We had some other problems as well, and we decided split up some time ago. I felt the relationship was taking more than it was giving, and boy was I right. Somehow I feel much more alive now, like the world is mine for the taking once again. Feels like breaking up was the correct move lol.

There are also other big life changes going on in my life:

Alcohol

I stopped drinking alcohol two months ago. Mostly because of the hangovers, those were getting ridiculous. If I drank on Saturday, I would be fully functional on Wednesday, maybe Thursday. It also helped with my goal to work out and exercise more, you can't really do that if you are spending half of the week recovering.

The biggest impact I didn't see coming was what it would do to my relationships with friends. Some of them just can't comprehend, why I don't drink anymore. I know it's their insecurity talking, and stronger frame always wins at the end. It just feels like a constant battle when they needle multiple times during the evening about it.

Relationships

Side-effect of not drinking was also realizing, that alcohol is the biggest connecting factor with some of the "friends" I have. We don't do anything together, that doesn't involve drinking alcohol. After giving it more thought, I feel like we don't really have that much in common. We have different goals and interests in life. We just have fun while drinking.

I have to update my social circle. You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with, as they say. I need to find people, who share the same outlook on life as me, and are motivated to better themselves and their lifes.

Exercise

This feels like such a cheat code in life. I wish I had started this in my teens, but everything just gets so much easier if you are in shape. More energy to do stuff, and activities don't drain you as much. I am still in just the beginning of getting fit, but seen some positive results already. Absolutely getting this shit handled now, and plan to keep going for the rest of my life.

Finances

Fortunately, I am in a very good position. I am my own boss and I can take time off when I need. Absolutely going to take advantage of it at the first half of this year to get other areas of my life handled.

The plan for this year is to heavily focus on game. I feel like getting out of my comfort zone all the time is the key to improve my life at the moment. I feel stagnated. I need to improve my sex life and my relationships. I am thinking about doing nightgame 3 times per week, and supplying it with daygame during the week.

First obstacle is going to be AA, it feels so crippling at the moment. It was also a problem before, but I managed to tame it in the end. I had alcohol to help me back then though, still planning to stay sober for a while. But I am certain it will fade after I get in to the habit of approaching girls once again. It's January, it's cold as hell in my city at the moment, bars and nightclubs are still half empty, but those are just excuses. The sooner I start this the sooner my life will improve.

This week I am going out to nightgame Thursday and Friday. Goal is to get used to approaching, target is MINIMUM 5 approaches per night. I am using this journal to record my journey, and hold myself accountable.

2024 is going to be awesome.

>