So confused by this behavior

metalbird

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Damn, I have been reading this site for almost a decade now and I still get absolutely floored by women's behavior sometimes...

When it comes to day game, I have a rotation of different neighborhoods I visit so I'm not always hanging around the same places, right? There's one neighborhood that I added to my rotation recently that has been a complete brick wall since I discovered it. It's a yuppie area, filled to the brim with hot girls, but all my approaches there have been completely shut down -- and usually pretty harshly.

For comparison, across all my day game experience, I would say >80% of the women I indirectly approach are at least willing to have a conversation. Less than 10% do I get "harsh reactions" from. But THIS neighborhood, there must something in the water... In half a dozen outings over a period of a couple months, I bet 90% of the girls I approached would not even speak to me ("I'm busy", "no thanks", *no response/ignores me, etc.) On top of that, I bet something like 1/3 women gave me brutally harsh rejections... I have NEVER experienced the kind of rejections I've gotten in this neighborhood... I'm talking girls flipping me off, yelling in my face... stuff that's unbelievable to me.

Fast forward to today. I'm visiting this neighborhood again, and it starts off, par for the course. I go to one place, approach a girl, she tells me to fuck off... I go to another place, same thing. At this point, I'm thinking to myself, "Okay, there MUST be something way off with my fundamentals that I'm just not getting". So I try something completely different. Next time I see an attractive girl, I ask her, "Can I get your honest opinion on something?" She says sure.

Me: "Do I look okay, or is there something off about my appearance? Is my hair alright and everything?" (Very genuinely asking at this point)
Her: *smiles* "Why do you ask?"
Me: Pauses... "Well, honestly, I've just found lately that girls don't want to talk to me, and I'm not used to that."
Her: *laughs* "No, you look great, I don't know what you're talking about"
Me: "That's good, you never know, I thought this area was maybe really conservative or something" (I have a pretty hippie/hipster look)
Her: "No, actually this area is pretty liberal"
Me: "Ah, I see, I notice you're wearing a rainbow pattern watch band"
Her: "Oh, no that's definitely not what it means" (Putting extra emphasis, like she really wants me to know that she's straight)

At this point, I'm pretty flabbergasted. The whole interaction from the moment I asked if I looked okay, the girls is locked in on me, chasing my frame. I'm super confused so I tell her, "Hey, thanks for the honest opinion, maybe I'll run into more girls like you!" To which she seems like, really upset.... I mean honestly she tried to say something back and couldn't even put her words together before I walked off, just kinda mumbled something. Shame on me for not trying to close but I was honestly so shocked, how could this hot girl be responding like this to such a (imo) weak/pussy-guy approach?

Whatever, I decide I have to field test this. So I proceed to try this same approach with three more chicks, every single one responds the same way, telling me I'm gorgeous, handing over there phone numbers like winning lottery tickets. COMPLETE 180° from my all my past experiences in this part of town.

On the one hand, I guess it's good that I found a new day game hook/approach that seems to work pretty well. On the other hand, this seems to fly in the face of everything I thought you were supposed to do with women, ie, be confident, set a dominant frame, etc.

My head is still spinning...

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Not sure, I would need to be in that neighborhood and see what you are experiencing but maybe these hipster cute girls get approached all the time.

There’s something about hipster girls that feels so attainable… like the cute girl next door.

When I was younger I met girls like these. Super cool, down to earth, gorgeous but if you approached them with seductive intent they will shut you down.
Looking back, perhaps I should have approached in a more uninterested yet vulnerable way… show some vulnerability so they know you’re not another shallow player?
Mmm… thinking out loud here.

My guess is this: They get approached all the time by uncalibrated folks doing the “direct” openers.
If that is correct, perhaps you need to set yourself apart from the opener.

Hipster culture is kinda shallow about not being shallow (I know, ironic)… so I would stress getting to know her unique and quirky traits from the start.

>