Socializing/ Expending Social Circle

Watsuabe

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey Chase Board,

So I got a new job as a bouncer at a sports bar, and I just looking at ways to increase my socializing skills/ and technique. Let this be know it's a college atmosphere so I'm not completely sure how well "The Conversationalist" article would apply.

Also expending my social circle. For example:

1. You meet some some girls that are waiter's
2. Make a little small talk
3. Grab their number's
4. Now what?? (They work alot, + class/social life)

Now in this situation your PURELY looking to expend your social circle not hook up. (Yea I know it's different)

But i'm trying to expand and I don't want to mess up my social proof.

Another example:

1. Know a couple of the bartenders (First name basics and shit)
2. Small talk whenever we see each other
3. Told me to get his number saying we gotta chill (Know's a shit ton of girl's)
4. Now what??

The main thing i might be struggling with a little is low investment things to do.

Also:
1. Any idea's on theme's for drinking nights/ or weekdays?
Ex: Wine Night, Game Night (Card games, etc.)
2. Way's to increase socializing skills (basically communication skills)

Thanks!

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
I knew a guy who used to build up his circle by going and meeting the bouncers at the coolest clubs in town and inviting them to these parties he threw and tell them a lot of girls were coming. Then he'd call up a bunch of girls and tell them he was throwing a party with a bunch of bouncers from the coolest clubs in town.

The girls would all come because they wanted to get the hook up with these bouncers to skip lines and get in free. The bouncers would come because they could meet new girls. The guy who was hosting would just circulate and make sure everyone was having a good time. Then he'd go to these clubs and get VIP treatment... everyone else was waiting 45 minutes to get in and pay $20, and he'd walk up to the front of the line and get in without paying every time because all the bouncers were his buddies and they were grateful to him for introducing them to a bunch of new chicks.

Anyway, you could do something like that. A lot of what I see in your post is, "This person has value - how do I get it?" If you take the tack instead of, "This person has value - now let me just dump a TON more value on him/her than he/she could ever possibly hope to repay, and see what happens," instead, you'll have a bunch of very loyal friends, very fast.

Find ways to bring value to others, and other people will begin to bring value back to you too.

Chase

Watsuabe

Space Monkey
space monkey
Thanks for the reply Chase!

Yea I'm think of starting wine night soon and inviting most of the the girls from the bar and my other guy friends.
Also the same for guys who except a pre gaming party with other girls.

Chase could you and your team make an article on Social Circle?
Also controlling/ organizing them.

Knight

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Watsuabe said:
Thanks for the reply Chase!

Yea I'm think of starting wine night soon and inviting most of the the girls from the bar and my other guy friends.
Also the same for guys who except a pre gaming party with other girls.

Hey man, good luck with the job. Oh and that would be a pretty cool article - I've seen a lot of that covered on this site in the past but more is always welcome. I'll do some digging this weekend if I get the time on anything to look out during group interactions and put it back on this thread.

- Knight

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Fellas-

Watsuabe said:

Knight said:
Oh and that would be a pretty cool article - I've seen a lot of that covered on this site in the past but more is always welcome.

Duly noted. No promises on when it goes up, but I have it on the list!

Chase

>