Sun Newbie Assignment

sun

Rookie
Rookie
Hey everyone, excited to get into the new year with you guys.

I'm a twentysomething living in a decent sized city in the southern US. I haven't been as successful with women as I wanted by now, so I figured it was time to try something different. I've done a couple daygame approaches in the past but haven't been doing a ton recently. I've also decided to take a break from dating apps and focus on improving my approaching.

The newbie assignment seems like a great way to add structure to the skill of game and create a bit of positive momentum. Hoping this can help bump up my confidence with women and line up some dates.

Look out for my day 1 post tomorrow, thanks!

sun

Rookie
Rookie
Day 1

I ended meeting up with a friend who's also interested in meeting women and we visited a couple places:
  • Grocery store
  • City walkway
  • Taco bar
  • Christmas bar 1
  • Christmas bar 2
  • Karoake bar
Most places were kind of dead due to the holiday season. But we spent a lot of time at the second Christmas bar and I chatted to 4-5 girls.

I started chatting to 2 girls at the bar and we were having a good conversation. I led them with my friend to the lower level of the bar and then to the upstairs area. As we were walking up the stairs, I tapped the
girl I was into and said:

Me: "hey listen, I'm going to grab your number and we can grab a drink sometime"

Her: "You are?"

It seemed after that she was out of it. I ended up leaving them to find my friend. When I looked back at the friend of the girl I was into, she gave me a disapproving glance.

Perhaps I could've:
  • Worded my delivery better: e.g. "you seem cool -> we should grab a drink sometime -> let me grab your number"
  • Tried to get both girls numbers and just texted the one I was into
  • Waited for a better time to go for the number

sun

Rookie
Rookie
Day 2

Practiced walking around during lunch with better posture. It was interesting to notice how different people walk from one another. A lot of them were walking with bent backs, almost defeated. Most people don't have amazing posture. To that end, one thing I realized was how often I look down when walking. Either looking down at my phone or at the ground. I want to make a more conscious effort to look up or straight ahead while walking. Comes across as more confident and keeps you more engaged with the world.

As I was making a turn, I made eye contact with a decently cute girl, shot her a soft smile, and she smiled back at me. I probably could have approached but I continued to walk by as she stopped at the intersection to cross the street.

To be honest, I felt kind of creepy walking around since I thought people would notice me going around the same area. I know that most people probably didn’t notice me whatsoever but the feeling was there regardless.

I also saw some cute girls walk by with headphones. I’ve had an idea in my head that approaching women with headphones is scary. It’d be good to get more comfortable approaching this scenario. Same thing when there are onlookers nearby. I feel way less likely to talk to a girl if there are people within earshot. The fear of being judged or called out can really hold me back.

sun

Rookie
Rookie
Day 3

Looked 10 people in the eye while walking by, took about 10 or so minutes while walking in a high foot traffic area. Most people looked down or away within a half second of making eye contact.

Had one lady smile back at me and one guy hold eye contact longer than usual. In all cases I would smile at them and nod my head.

After completing the challenge, I stopped by the store to grab some groceries. Harder to make eye contact in a store unless you're passing by someone.

While shopping, I was looking for some strawberries but couldn't find any. I stopped a cute girl in the fruit section and asked if she knew. She was friendly and told me where she thought they'd be. I went on my way.

sun

Rookie
Rookie
Day 4

Today’s goal was to say “hi” to 6 different attractive girls. I decided it’d be easiest for me to go to a couple stores and ask for help.

Some notes:
  • I noticed my tendency to hesitate even when the girl is right next to me
  • I'd love to do more approaches in the last store I visited but there's a lot of staff around. I'm kind of worried I'll get flagged by the staff as a creepy guy
  • It felt great to talk to 6 cute girls during the day even though it was just for simple help, some of them were quite friendly
  • Would be good to try staying longer in the interactions next time at the store

Interaction 1 - premium grocery store
  • Me: Hey excuse me do you know where the yogurt section might be?
  • Her: Go back and left and I think it's I've there
  • Me: On this wall?
  • Her: Yeah I think so
  • Me: Thank you, appreciate it

Interaction 2 - premium grocery store
  • Me: Hey excuse me do you know where the section might be for lentils?
  • Her: Lentils?
  • Me: Yeah like lentils or beans
  • Her: You see this long aisle? I think it'd be behind one of those
  • Me: Okay so in one of these back aisles
  • Her: Yeah
  • Me: Okay thank you
  • Her: For sure

Interaction 3 - outside of shopping area
  • Me: Hey excuse me do you have the time?
  • Her: Yeah.. it's half four
  • Me: Half four?
  • Her: Yes

Interaction 4 - grocery store 2
  • Me: Hey excuse me do you know where the strawberries are?
  • Her: They're in the front
  • Me: Oh thank you
  • Her: Hahaha yep

Interaction 5 - grocery store 3
  • Me: Hey excuse me do you know where the section is for ice cream?
  • Her: It's over on that side
  • Me: Oh thank you I like your shoes by the way
  • Her: Thank you

Interaction 6 - grocery store 3
  • Me: Hey excuse me do you know where the international section is?
  • Her: Uh
  • Me: Like Asian food
  • Her: Um I'm not sure this is my first time here
  • Me: Oh you looked experienced (gestured to her cart)
  • Her: Oh I've been to this store before just never this location
  • Me: Gotcha no worries, thanks

sun

Rookie
Rookie
Day 5

Today's goal was to ask 6 cute girls how their day was going. I didn't ask any of these girls how their day was, I rationalized it was too weird to ask random people that. But I asked for directions / opinions from 6 girls.

Notes:
  • Important to slow down
  • Need to practice speaking louder and staying longer in interactions

Interaction 1 - 3 girls outside mall
  • Hey excuse me do you know where the nearest restroom is
  • It's in the food hall
  • Is that to the left or?
  • Yeah you've got to go to the bottom area and the left
  • Thank you

Interaction 2 - outside 2 girls sitting
  • Hey sorry to interrupt but is there coffee around here and if so where’d you get it
  • Yeah there's one inside the food hall
  • Okay is it to the left or right
  • It's kind of in the center, it's green and it says coffee
  • Was it pretty good?
  • Yeah it's really good
  • I was about to go into the Starbucks upstairs but I figured there'd be something better down here
  • Yeah you should check it out
  • Okay thank you sorry to interrupt!

Interaction 3 - grocery
  • Hey excuse me do you know where the section is for oils? Oils and vinegars
  • Probably in this section
  • Yeah I figured salad dressings and all
  • Yeah idk
  • Cool can I scoot through and check down here
  • Yeah
  • Thanks

Interaction 4 - grocery
  • Hey excuse me do you know where the banana section is I thought it was over here
  • (girl points to bananas)

Interaction 5 - grocery
  • Hey do you see the shredded cheese anywhere
  • They're that way
  • Oh thank you

Interaction 6 - grocery
  • Hey have you tried any of these before? Are they any good
  • Yeah I was wondering that too
  • I'm trying to stock up my fridge with some frozen items so I just have stuff during the week
  • Yeah good luck

Last edited:

sun

Rookie
Rookie
Day 6

Today's assignment was to talk to 1 girl during the day. I walked out during lunch and put on a 10 minute timer. I told myself I had to talk to 1 girl before the timer ran out. I passed by a group of 2 girls chatting and walking and let them passed by. As I was crossing the street, I made eye contact with a girl crossing the other way and she softly smiled at me. I let her go as well, which was frustrating. In hindsight, I should've turned around, ran up to her, and said hello.

I kept walking and saw a girl studying on a bench and asked her for directions to a nearby store. It feels a lot easier to justify talking to a girl who's sitting down than walking. If this girl wasn't sitting here, I'd probably have felt uncomfortable stopping a girl walking on the street. I've done it before but I'll just have to get the momentum going again.

Using the timer really helped add to my motivation to actually do something instead of thinking about doing something. I'll keep doing this in the future.

Azari

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey man,

It's awesome that you have decided to try the newbie assignment. As a seducer battling AA myself, the newbie assignment is extremely helpful. I've noticed some improvements even tho infinitesimal haha.

Wondering if you completed day 7's task. It's pretty hard but I bet if you want to succeed bad enough, you will.

I read this on a journal here ; "There's an abyss of wannabe seducers who didn't make it"

Ask yourself do you want to be part of the many men who tried their hand at seduction and gave up because it was too hard or the few who persevered and eventually found glory a.k.a
tons and tons of pussy haha.

Hope you keep grinding man.

sun

Rookie
Rookie
Day 7
Express genuine interest in 4 girls (a.k.a be direct).

Chatted with four cute girls today, felt great.

Interaction one -
  • Chatted with the first cute girl I saw that day instead of passing up opportunities, when I proposed we grab drinks sometime she said she just went through breakup and was emotionally unavailable

Interaction two -
  • Chatted with girl with her dog, turned out she had a boyfriend but was still really friendly

Interaction three - instant date
  • Ran up and chatted with cute girl who was on a walk, pushed for and ended up grabbing a beer with her near where we were, got her number, may have plans for drinks this week

Interaction four -
  • Hit on girl as I was getting groceries, she seemed receptive but was moving to a different state that week, grabbed her IG

>