Texting after number close

Sam

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hello Chase and all,

I remember a post saying that after you number close, 20 minutes later or so, you can send her a message of the kind:
"Hey J, my number. Have a good night"

Last night, I got two numbers. I sent the above message to both women. One replied to that: "Ok...Goodnight!". The other did not reply. Today, three hours ago I called the one who did reply and she did not pick up the phone, nor did she call back so far. About the other who did not reply, I will call her in 2 days because she told me last night she would be free then.

My question: does a woman's reply or non-reply to this message mean anything for a man' s prospects with her or is it completely irrelevant?

Thanks,
Sam

Just_Dave

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Very rarely do I care if a girl texts me back after getting her number. I will address your text structure and critique your choice of calling to aid you though:

The text:
"Hey J, my number. Have a good night"
It has the strong point of texting and you say a good night but it's cold and doesn't have a warm feel. I will say that I like how you get it short, I would also include your name so she knows who she's "talking".

Text Fix:
"Hey J, great meeting you tonight- Sam :)"
Why this works and whats so different?
*It has the same purpose but the smiley reinforces the good feelings of the meeting.
*She had your name, attractive girls receive countless texts day in and day out. So give them a name for you.

The Call:
Not that calling girls is a bad thing but timing is everything! I place calling above texting, but the problems with calling is she maybe busy. The holiday just ended so she's probably out doing whatever. Girls are highly busy during the day and don't really have a lot of talk time.

Call Fix:
If you would like to call your girl, ask her what is the best time to call and if they prefer calling to text when you first meet her. Most girls I run across prefer text over calling because they can respond when they're free. People do what's best for them. They also don't want to be in a conversation where it just goes on and on.

*Notes I know the when said she'd be free then but if she gave you a time frame that will be better.
*Also if my timing is right you called her at 10 o clock in the morning the day after a holiday? Most people are either at work or passed out. Just saying ;)
*Congrats on the numbers though

It's still snowing,

Just Dave

Sam

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Thanks for your reply...;)

Well...I did not give my name because I thought it would sound sort of needy...and I liked to show self-confident that she would remember who I was.

Let me also inform you that I am from Europe...so my call was 16.30pm.

As for the "call versus text thing", I have met a few women lately who told me "texting is childish...we are 30, not 15" and because I judged my last night's reception by them as "warm" I went for a straight call.

Just_Dave

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Sam said:
Thanks for your reply...;)

Well...I did not give my name because I thought it would sound sort of needy...and I liked to show self-confident that she would remember who I was.

Let me also inform you that I am from Europe...so my call was 16.30pm.

As for the "call versus text thing", I have met a few women lately who told me "texting is childish...we are 30, not 15" and because I judged my last night's reception by them as "warm" I went for a straight call.

No worries Sam,

I'm in not going to touch the time frame because it's irrelevant now since you're from Europe. The way I'm looking at things is "Where do I go from here?" mentality. Now if you don't want to come off as "needy". I have two suggestions

*Call the the girl who didn't reply as planned
-You're keeping your options open by not dwelling on either one
*Wait for the girl who missed your call to call you back. She saw your missed call because girls constantly have their cell phones around you.
-If you continue to call her before she calls you, you'll be chasing which is game over.
*Keep going out and getting girls

Mentality:
You want to display to girls I want you but I don't need you.

Every woman is different and don't let the voice of a few be the voice of a thousand.
Dave

Sam

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Dave,

It is more or less what I have in mind, friend..

I will call the girl who indeed gave me a specific time frame; our exact dialogue was the following:
Me: "So, what is your schedule like tomorrow?"
Her: "I will celebrate my name's day with friends bla bla"
Me: "Do you think this week you will make it for a drink?"
Her: "This week I will be packed, but we can do that next week, if you like"
Me: "Give me your number" <<handing out my mobile phone to her palm, she writes it and she calls me immediately to get my number too, but due to lack of signal she did not receive my number>>
Me: "No worries, I will text you my number later"

But, since persistence is part of the game too, I will give another chance to the girl who did not call back so far by texting her in 2-3 days and that's it.

Meanwhile, the field is open ;)

>