Fashion  The Buzz Cut

Roundy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Bonjour,

What do you guys think of wearing a buzz cut? Specifically how does it change women’s perception of you?

I’m thinking of rocking the look again. I had it before to some cool results. I felt more fierce, and actually noticed an uptick in my sex drive. I guess seeing myself as more masculine affected my behaviour.

I found women treated me with more respect. It was a bit polarising, sometimes I got attraction/compliance super quick, other girls hated the look. I don’t need know if it feels “sexy” per se, but it does feel manly.

Chase’s article on hair length didn’t really talk about this particular look, though Chase said he had it for a while iirc.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
.and actually noticed an uptick in my sex drive.

There is 0 correlation with haircut and sex drive. Buzz cut or not is up to you to field test and see the reactions, i do it with everything including outfits and i always keep track of the results...

BigPapa

Space Monkey
space monkey
Also keep in mind that when you choose a haircut it needs to be tailored for your face . You can have the best buzz cut but if you look like shit ( due to your face shape ) it will just yield bad results :)

you can get an idea about what type of haircut would suit you best here

Chrance

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I used to have a pretty low, buzzcut-ish hair style. Now I have longer hair similar to the guy in your icon. My longer hair is a lot sexier than the buzzcut style. I get compliments on it regularly. There is more taste involved with longer hair. If you have a full head of hair take advantage of it and get a nice cut. Your hair is a natural peacock and says a lot more about you than your clothing or tattoos since its inherited. Personally, I also associate the buzzcut with the military. No disrespect to those in the service but I definitely do not want to look like a jarhead if I am not in fact one. This may be an American thing, I don't know.

My hair is a pain in the ass too. It took me years to figure out how to manage it and what styles suit it. Perhaps this buzzcut can give you a clearer idea of how your hair operates, so that as it grows back longer you can restart with a blank slate and take on a new style.

Crew cuts and fades are a different story. They can be a good look. The current trend of very high fades and side buzzed man buns on the other hand - these should be avoided.

Naturally there are exceptions.

Roundy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I used to have a pretty low, buzzcut-ish hair style. Now I have longer hair similar to the guy in your icon. My longer hair is a lot sexier than the buzzcut style. I get compliments on it regularly. There is more taste involved with longer hair. If you have a full head of hair take advantage of it and get a nice cut. Your hair is a natural peacock and says a lot more about you than your clothing or tattoos since its inherited. Personally, I also associate the buzzcut with the military. No disrespect to those in the service but I definitely do not want to look like a jarhead if I am not in fact one. This may be an American thing, I don't know.

My hair is a pain in the ass too. It took me years to figure out how to manage it and what styles suit it. Perhaps this buzzcut can give you a clearer idea of how your hair operates, so that as it grows back longer you can restart with a blank slate and take on a new style.

Crew cuts and fades are a different story. They can be a good look. The current trend of very high fades and side buzzed man buns on the other hand - these should be avoided.

Naturally there are exceptions.

I have the style like in my avatar as well. I get the feeling long hair is sexier because it indicates your health, youth, grooming and is a clear way to show your character. It’s a pain in the ass to maintain, style, cut etc.

There is definitely a military connotation with having a shaved head. I’ve had the look a few times and people often asked if I was in the army. Not such a bad thing in my country.

The weird thing is when you shave your hair off you feel sexy. You feel strong, dominant, unfussy and different from the masses. Like coming out of the beach and not having locks of hair mopping all over your face. I probably had more women open me than when I had longer, more feminine styles. I was at a club and two girls came up to me and said, “We’ve been arguing because I think you’re French, she thinks you’re Italian.”

And obviously hair length doesn’t have a correlation with sex drive, that’s trite. It doesn’t mean that when you have an image that changes your self perception toward being a dominant, masculine guy as oppose to a fun pretty boy that you might not start acting the part.

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Went Buzz cut in 2008 when MPB started showing up. Never went back. Razor shaved since 2010.

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Short cuts like a buzz cut direct attention to your facial features.
Ideally, do that if your face is very masculine, otherwise you look like a boy.

>